[GUIDE] How To Use QPST to Change Sprint Banner & Increase Volume eVO 4G LTE

Search This thread

smallba

Sep 4, 2010
Orange County, NY
www.facebook.com
I put this together using Fowenati and Slayer69 Guide for those looking to change there banner. Changed the links so they direct to the correct files. If you do not feel comfortable or don't know what you are doing please do not attempt this, and do not mess with anything other then what the directions state. I and Others are not responsible for anything you so to your phone.

HOW TO SETUP QPST FOR USE WITH YOUR PHONE: (CREDS TO FOWENATI, ORIG THREAD)

You can use QPST to do an array of things, most commonly on XDA though it is for Changing the Carrier Banner of your phone and tweaking the speaker of the phone to make it louder

The whole process should take under 10 Minutes.

disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

Make sure your phone is plugged in, has debugging ON for the whole tutorial.

1. Get your MSL using MSL Reader from the Market (free) OR Call Sprint to get your MSL OR Get your MSL using CDMA Workshop (which I will not go into as It is a different subject and not as easy as the aforementioned)

2. Get QPST for EVO 4G LTE and install it from HERE (ALT LINK)

Put your phone in diagnostic mode by punching in ##3424# in the dialer through out the whole rest tutorial, if it goes out of diag mode, just put it back into it by going to Dailer and punching in ##3423#

3. Download HTC Diag Drivers Both 32and 64 are in the zip

4. Install the QPST Drivers for your system (32bit or 64bit) 64bit users having trouble installing and/setting up drivers, try this post HERE
- A. Go into Device manager (from control panel)
- B. Find HTC Diag or HTC Diag Modem (along those lines)
- C. Right Click it and select update driver
- D. Select Browse computer for driver software
- E. Browse to the folder containing the drivers your downloaded in step 4 and then select the folder for your Windows version (32/64, if you don't know go to my computer and select properties)
- F. Click Next, it will install your drivers

5. Once your drivers are installed your device should be recognized and read as HTC Diagnostic Interface, followed by the port it is located on. For me it was COM5.

6. Open "QPST Configuration" by Start>All Proggrams>QPST>QPST Configuration
- A. Select "Add New Port"
- B. Input whatever port your phone is connected to (eg. "COM5" as mine was, without the quotes) in both the port, and label boxes.
- C. DESELECT The "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic Ports only"
- D. Click OK

7. You should see the new added port and its state as ENABLED, if it is there, continue

8. Close the QPST Configuration windows now and now you can use your phone with QPST.

To change the banner of your phone: (CREDS TO SLAYER69, ORIG THREAD)

1. open up Service Programming via Start>All Programs>QPST>Service Programming

2. You should see your phone and the port its connected to (make sure your phone is in diagnostic mode ##3424# )

3. Click ok, now you should see a window with many tabs

4. At the bottom of the window you should see a button called "Read From Phone" Click it.

5. Input your MSL now in the box that shows up. Click OK

6. Now all of your phones settings are in the program.

7. Now navigate to the "Display" Tab, You should see a Box next to the word Banner. This is where you will enter what you want your banner to be. (Don't use any special characters)

8. Once you have done that, click "Write to Phone", located next to the Read from phone button at the bottom of the window.

9. An Error may occur on QPST, just press ok

10. Your phone should reboot, and your changes will have been made and can be viewed in the lockscreen, or in the pull down bar.

To increase the volume of your phone: (CREDS TO T3PROJECT, ORIG THREAD)

2. You should see your phone and the port its connected to (make sure your phone is in diagnostic mode ##3424# )

4. At the bottom of the window you should see a button called "Read From Phone" Click it.

7. Now Navigate to the "Sounds" tab, from here you can edit the loudness of your phone, I set mine to all 3s, although some have set theirs to 4. 1 is the quietest and 4 is the loudest. Your choice of what you want to input here.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BLOWN SPEAKERS

8. Once you've selected the options you want click "Write to Phone", located next to the Read from phone button at the bottom of the window.

9. Your phone should reboot, and your changes will have been made.

Enjoy:good:

Screenshot_2012-07-12-21-19-07.png

Screenshot_2012-07-12-21-19-16.png

Credits and People to thank:
Fowenati for the How to setup QPST guide: EVo 3D Forum
Slayer69 for the How to use QPST guide: EVo 3D Forum
T3Project for the How to Increase volume guide: EVo 3D Forum
{ParanoiA} for providing the link here on XDA for the EVO 4G LTE Compatable QPST: HERE
mexiking713 over at Criketusers for the Mirror
Njfoses for info on the install 64bit drivers

Last edited:

{ParanoiA}

Apr 20, 2011
Ocean View, NJ
Nice you got it to work. I've been pulling my hair out trying to get the programs to recognize my phone. You should also be able to increased the speaker volumes with this method also. That's what I am trying use this for. I have tried everything...pc sees it but program will not. Only thing left I can think of is to try it on my XP machine.

18th.abn

Oct 27, 2011
South Carolina
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thanks man. Qpst can really mess the phone up if other settings are changed by accident or whatever so its always a good idea, after u read from phone, to save that read as a backup just in case. There's some other pretty neat stuff like adjusting the max volume of the external speaker, ringers etc... Great write up btw, thx

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

smallba

Sep 4, 2010
Orange County, NY
www.facebook.com
Thanks man. Qpst can really mess the phone up if other settings are changed by accident or whatever so its always a good idea, after u read from phone, to save that read as a backup just in case. There's some other pretty neat stuff like adjusting the max volume of the external speaker, ringers etc... Great write up btw, thx

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

I'm gonna update with fowenati's volume increase guide when i get home from work

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium HD app

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
I cannot get the drivers to install. Running win 7 64bit. Shows as htcdiag in device manager and when i point to the driver folder windows tells me it could not find driver software. Any ideas?

Edit: I was able to get the drivers installed following the below process (credit here http://forum.androidcustomcreations...t/28-how-use-qpst-increase-volume-evo-3d.html) but now the device shows as htc usb modem and does not have a port associated with it so now im stuck at adding the port into qpst.

2. Extract contents to a location you will be able to browse to easily
3. Open Device Manager from the control panel.
4. Put your phone into diag mode so that the computer tries to load the HTC Diag Drivers.
5. Right click on HTC DIAG and select properties
6. Click the "Update Driver" button
7. Select "Browse my computer for driver software" option
8. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" (VERY IMPORTANT, Don't use the browse button here)
9. Select "Show All Devices" from the list and click "Next"
10. Select "Have Disk" Button
11. Now click "Browse" Button and browse to were you extracted the above files....and find the HtcUsbMdmV64.inf file.
12. Select it and select Open.
13. Click OK.
14. In the window you should see HTC USB Modem, Select it and click "Next"
15. Select "Yes" should you get a popup

Driver will install and you should be good to go!!!

Edit 2: Did some more digging and found this tip. Go into the control panel and then device manager. Look for the HTC Modem. Right click on the modem and select properties. Select the "Advanced Tab" then "Advanced Port Settings" Button. Com port will be listed there. Continued to follow the guide after that and it worked perfectly!

Last edited:

lkj61

Mar 1, 2009
South Milwaukee
How did you get the drivers to install?

I cannot get the drivers to install. Running win 7 64bit. Shows as htcdiag in device manager and when i point to the driver folder windows tells me it could not find driver software. Any ideas?

Edit: I was able to get the drivers installed following the below process but now the device shows as htc usb modem and does not have a port associated with it so now im stuck at adding the port into qpst.

Edit 2: Did some more digging and found this tip. Go into the control panel and then device manager. Look for the HTC Modem. Right click on the modem and select properties. Select the "Advanced Tab" then "Advanced Port Settings" Button. Com port will be listed there. Continued to follow the guide after that and it worked perfectly!

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey

Oops forgot to post the directions i found. Here you go. Credit here http://forum.androidcustomcreations...t/28-how-use-qpst-increase-volume-evo-3d.html

4. Put your phone into diag mode so that the computer tries to load the HTC Diag Drivers.
8. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" (VERY IMPORTANT, Don't use the browse button here)
11. Now click "Browse" Button and browse to were you extracted the above files....and find the HtcUsbMdmV64.inf file.
13. Click OK.

Reactions: jonesst07

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
Which specific volume is increased? Speaker phone or ear piece (or both)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Edit: I was able to get the drivers installed following the below process (credit here http://forum.androidcustomcreations...t/28-how-use-qpst-increase-volume-evo-3d.html) but now the device shows as htc usb modem and does not have a port associated with it so now im stuck at adding the port into qpst.

13. Click OK.

I put this together using Fowenati and Slayer69 Guide for those looking to change there banner. Changed the links so they direct to the correct files. If you do not feel comfortable or don't know what you are doing please do not attempt this, and do not mess with anything other then what the directions state. I and Others are not responsible for anything you so to your phone.

HOW TO SETUP QPST FOR USE WITH YOUR PHONE: (CREDS TO FOWENATI, ORIG THREAD)

You can use QPST to do an array of things, most commonly on XDA though it is for Changing the Carrier Banner of your phone and tweaking the speaker of the phone to make it louder

The whole process should take under 10 Minutes.

disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

Make sure your phone is plugged in, has debugging ON for the whole tutorial.

1. Get your MSL using MSL Reader from the Market (free) OR Call Sprint to get your MSL OR Get your MSL using CDMA Workshop (which I will not go into as It is a different subject and not as easy as the aforementioned)

2. Get QPST for EVO 4G LTE and install it from HERE (ALT LINK)

Put your phone in diagnostic mode by punching in ##3424# in the dialer through out the whole rest tutorial, if it goes out of diag mode, just put it back into it by going to Dailer and punching in ##3423#

3. Download HTC Diag Drivers Both 32and 64 are in the zip

4. Install the QPST Drivers for your system (32bit or 64bit) 64bit users having trouble installing and/setting up drivers, try this post HERE
    - A. Go into Device manager (from control panel)
    - B. Find HTC Diag or HTC Diag Modem (along those lines)
    - C. Right Click it and select update driver
    - D. Select Browse computer for driver software
    - E. Browse to the folder containing the drivers your downloaded in step 4 and then select the folder for your Windows version (32/64, if you don't know go to my computer and select properties)
    - F. Click Next, it will install your drivers

5. Once your drivers are installed your device should be recognized and read as HTC Diagnostic Interface, followed by the port it is located on. For me it was COM5.

6. Open "QPST Configuration" by Start>All Proggrams>QPST>QPST Configuration
    - A. Select "Add New Port"
    - B. Input whatever port your phone is connected to (eg. "COM5" as mine was, without the quotes) in both the port, and label boxes.
    - C. DESELECT The "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic Ports only"
    - D. Click OK

7. You should see the new added port and its state as ENABLED, if it is there, continue

8. Close the QPST Configuration windows now and now you can use your phone with QPST.

To change the banner of your phone: (CREDS TO SLAYER69, ORIG THREAD)

7. Now navigate to the "Display" Tab, You should see a Box next to the word Banner. This is where you will enter what you want your banner to be. (Don't use any special characters)

8. Once you have done that, click "Write to Phone", located next to the Read from phone button at the bottom of the window.

9. An Error may occur on QPST, just press ok

10. Your phone should reboot, and your changes will have been made and can be viewed in the lockscreen, or in the pull down bar.

To increase the volume of your phone: (CREDS TO T3PROJECT, ORIG THREAD)

7. Now Navigate to the "Sounds" tab, from here you can edit the loudness of your phone, I set mine to all 3s, although some have set theirs to 4. 1 is the quietest and 4 is the loudest. Your choice of what you want to input here.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BLOWN SPEAKERS

8. Once you've selected the options you want click "Write to Phone", located next to the Read from phone button at the bottom of the window.

9. Your phone should reboot, and your changes will have been made.

Enjoy:good:

Screenshot_2012-07-12-21-19-07.png

Screenshot_2012-07-12-21-19-16.png

Credits and People to thank:
    Fowenati for the How to setup QPST guide: EVo 3D Forum
    Slayer69 for the How to use QPST guide: EVo 3D Forum
    T3Project for the How to Increase volume guide: EVo 3D Forum
    {ParanoiA} for providing the link here on XDA for the EVO 4G LTE Compatable QPST: HERE
    mexiking713 over at Criketusers for the Mirror
    Njfoses for info on the install 64bit drivers

Oops forgot to post the directions i found. Here you go. Credit here http://forum.androidcustomcreations...t/28-how-use-qpst-increase-volume-evo-3d.html

13. Click OK.

Go to the multimedia tab to change the volume levels for music and videos. The sounds tab only increases the speakers for call,ring and notification volumes.

My EVO Ways