[ROM][4.2.1][Stock] D-WiZ JBX 1.0 / JBX 2.1 [4.2.2][JBX-Kernel]

Search This thread

macondo62

Feb 10, 2009
Brescia
Redmi 9
Realme 9 5G SE
R: [ROM][GSM/CDMA][AROMA][JB] D-WiZ JBX [PRE-BETA]

QUOTEWish we could use the China kernel, as that would add call recording facility.

+1 and hotspot WiFi and toggles too with ota cn

Any way good job!
And last thing chrome FC

Sent from my MOTOROLA RAZR using xda premium

Last edited:

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
AW: [ROM][GSM/CDMA][AROMA][JB] D-WiZ JBX [PRE-BETA]

Thx Blackhawk! You are the ONLY one who has understood and read the OP.

Guys, all your requests is really too much. I am thinking about removing this thread an restart a bigger closed beta... Because I need helpful feedback qbout functionality and no wishes from each member here. Please understand me :)

Gesendet von meinem MOTOROLA RAZR mit Tapatalk 2

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
AW: [ROM][GSM/CDMA][AROMA][JB] D-WiZ JBX [PRE-BETA]

Please, add possibility to use stock icons (AOSP) and stock background in settings, and please, add russian language!

Here is language pack for stock JB:
http://d-h.st/42k
and for diabits mod http://d-h.st/inu

Man, did you have a look into the rom already? It is FULL of aosp icons, at least settings.

Do you know how much work it is to Add another language?

Why can't you guys just test and give some good feedback instead of wishing this and wishing that?
I thought I stated it clearly enough in the OP....

For example: My battery is showing me very weird behavior. Anyone else with that problem?

Last edited:

woonaval

Mar 3, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
Man, did you have a look into the rom already? It is FULL of aosp icons, at least settings.

Do you know how much work it is to Add another language?

Why can't you guys just test and give some good feedback instead of wishing this and wishing that?
I thought I stated it clearly enough in the OP....

For example: My battery is showing me very weird behavior. Anyone else with that problem?

I have that problem too :D I went from 71% to 57% in a moment. Battery stats showing weird too (a straight line).

Reactions: dtrail1

macondo62

Feb 10, 2009
Brescia
Redmi 9
Realme 9 5G SE
R: [ROM][GSM/CDMA][AROMA][JB] D-WiZ JBX [PRE-BETA]

Mine too!mine is showing since more than an hour 28 percent! Or is awesome
Or...

Reactions: dtrail1

motopuk

Feb 3, 2011
Mexico City
Re: [ROM][GSM/CDMA][AROMA][JB] D-WiZ JBX [PRE-BETA]

Reporting also weird battery stats. Have been on 85% for a couple of hours.

Edit: seems to be a problem with system ui battery icon. Take a look to this screenie.
Sorry can't upload tapatalk pics. Battery stats show 77% and battery icon is 85% stuck.
Edit2: Now battery icon jumped to 71% and battery stats still show 77%

Last edited:
Reactions: rovaris

Wombatino

Sep 15, 2012
Madrid
Forgive me, I`m so sorry. My question was just for curiosity. I`m at home now and I`m testing it and seems great right now

UPDATE: When I open the su apk it appears a message saying that the binaries need to be updated, but when I do it in the apk it says that the instalation was not succesful.

I`m also having this issue com.android.phone process needs to be closed

Last edited:

motopuk

Feb 3, 2011
Mexico City

Forgive me, I`m so sorry. My question was just for curiosity. I`m at home now and I`m testing it and seems great right now

UPDATE: When I open the su apk it appears a message saying that the binaries need to be updated, but when I do it in the apk it says that the instalation was not succesful

Fix root from recovery.

brainwash123

Jun 27, 2012
Initial impression is that it seems good and fast, better battery drain under usage. I haven't had time to test deep sleep drain.

On to the bugs:
- JB camera sphere feature does not seem to work correctly. I mean the sensors are acting very slowly, having a huge lag. It looks like they have a huge integration period of about 20-30s
- some problems with the theme like black text on black blackground visible in some apps; data usage shows a strange background behind the usage graph, rendering almost unusable
- battery percent seems out of sync between: circle widget, standard notification icon, power toggles notification icon. It's usually less then 10% between them but they never seem to agree on the same number. Circle widget seems the closest
- not a bug but the people app shows all contacts including the ones without a number'. There is no option to exclude them like it previously was
- some strange Verizon features are there, not sure if they work or not or if they are because of the kernel. I'm thinking especially "City State ID"
- sporadic Xposed App errors, though one happens on each uninstall: "cannot read /data/exposed/modules.whitelist"
- calendar app does not show any calendars, neither after clean installation nor after TB restore of data
- I just noticed there is no option to sync calendar in the accounts section
- not really a bug but the mail application is missing all options to synchronize mail after more than one hour. That is, beyond the options of 'Never, 5m, 10m, 15m, 30m, 1h' between syncing of a specific account there were at least '2h' and '4h'. Push is also missing
- I really miss the lock screen customizing features, I don't know if they were part of AOSP or not
- Google Now is almost unusable if you need fast information. If you open it via the search field widget or the search key and start typing immediately it will exit 9 times out of ten. It is also very laggy, taking about 5 seconds until it allows you to enter anything, more than 10 seconds on first invocation. I disabled Google Now and the voice hotword detection and it seems ok now.
- there is no option anymore to close apps via long press of back button. It was previously there in the developer options

What works: basically everything
- radio 2G/3G, wifi, phone calls via integrated headphone or speaker
- compass, GPS, accelerometer, A-GPS
- both cameras, flash (including flashlight), both galleries, movies. Camera-dependent apps also seem to work fine now (like 'What's my heart rate')
- fluid and responsive, only a few ocassional lags after heavy usage; 'stock' profile

Not tested:
- bluetooth: I'll do it tonight in the car, hopefully we'll get back the handsfree feature; headphones
- llama profiles: I only use tasker, because ~3 months ago I was not able to coax llama into working properly
- usb otg and hdmi

Hopefully this does not duplicate already existing test reports.

Last edited:

Sisqo

Apr 24, 2007
Suceava
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

UPDATE: When I open the su apk it appears a message saying that the binaries need to be updated, but when I do it in the apk it says that the instalation was not succesful.

I`m also having this issue com.android.phone process needs to be closed

Read first page.
Install superuser and than supersu will allow you to update.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
I fixed superuser issue and battery percentage. Upload available now.

Edit: NOTE: TIS IS A BETA TEST! We are currently rebuilding the whole framework and UI! This version is currently far away from the final Rom !! No user wishes atm!!

Edit: su still not fixed.... Next update.

Last edited:

brainwash123

Jun 27, 2012
TB worked fine for me, I had to search for the backup folder first. Make sure that TB reports it has root and everything, it might not do so on first try.

Other test results: bluetooth streaming and handsfree works fine, both deep sleep and active battery consumption seems better than 2.0.5

heblu

Mar 17, 2011
Bucharest
I have been trying to install the ROM but it didn't boot until I enabled 2nd init. Probably it's explained somewhere but, as I just followed the guide on first post coming from MIUI ICS (that doesn't use 2nd init), it will be better to mention it.
I will report any bugs soon

I'm in the same situation. Does somebody knows if is necessary to flash stock ICS before flashing this?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    //D-WiZ JBX//

D-WiZ JBX 1.0 (4.1.2)
    D-WiZ JBX 2.0 (4.2.2) (KEXEC, JBX-Kernel 2.0)

NOTE JBX 2.0 USers: If you are facing issues with the theme (e.g. white font on white background) install the Framework-Patch from UpdateMe!

This project will be continued as a Co-Production now! Rgocal (Dev of the Catalyst JB / Biotik Rom Distribution) and me, we have decided to continue our projects together! That means, for example, you'll definately get an awesome Catalyst-JB-Kernel / JBX-Kernel soon! And we planned to merge stuff into a bigger project after finishing our Roms!

Thanks to Kholk, [mbm], the STS-Dev-Team (Hashcode, dhacker) we have now full KEXEC Support for Motorola Razr!
    I've built a Kernel based on Hashcodes MR1-Jelly Bean Kernel.
    Thanks to Surdu_Pedru, Avalak Vista (D-WiZ Team) for help me on this project!
    This is a Kernel with nice "Custom Kernel Features", such as Custom Voltage, Custom OPPs, RAM Tweaks, Governor Tweaks, Oveclocking, etc... This project is open and free! Github source links are in the JBX-Kernel Thread.

See D-WiZ JBX 2.0 Features below for further details.

4184_trennungslinie.png

CHANGELOG JBX 2.1 (Kexec JBX-Kernel 0.4.7)

- Base Rom merge from latest source (CM10.1 RC2)
    - Updated Kernel to 3.0.8 base
    - Merged latest JBX-Kernel changes from 0.4.7
    - Choice for Kernel BSE / OCE in Aroma
    - Updated all apps to latest versions
    - Updated all Gapps to latest versions (inverted)
    - Inverted all system apps
    - Added more Apps to Aroma selection
    - Moved most apps to /data/app
    - Included latest Trickster Mod as system app
    - Reconfigured tweaks
    - removed some tweaks as they're included in Kernel
    - System optimized with new enhancements
    - RIL configuration renewed due to better power consumption

4184_trennungslinie.png
    [/CENTER]

CAUTION: This is a BETA release! You can use it and it should be stable, but the rom is a work in progress and it will take some more time until it will become a final rom. We are currently re-building the whole framework because we don't want JBX to be a usual "stock rom clone". It will become a new experience for OG Razr.. :D

JBX 1.0 is based on Motorola JB 4.1.2.
    JBX 2.1 is based on CM10.1 4.2.2 with KEXEC 3.0.8 JBX-Kernel.

Keep in mind that a "user's wishlist" won't be accepted now!!!

4184_trennungslinie.png

FEATURES JBX 1.0

Includes typical D-WiZ Tweaks

- tweaked:

System-Tweaks for RAM-Management, SD-Card-Boost

-- Hotplug-Governor reconfigured:
    set as default governor
    aggressive downscaling
    2. Core wake up only if really needed
    2. Core sleep faster
    upscaling more slow
    scales to higher frequencies if really needed

-- CPU-Tweaks
    Undervolted
    Underclocked

CPU-Frequecy table:

Stock Mode: 100, 200, 300, 400, 600, 800, 1000 mhz
    Performance Mode: 300, 450, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1350 mhz

Note: CPU Tweak has some issues, e.g. frequency will set back to 300mhz min after 2 or 3 days. A reboot will fix it for a while until I fixed it.

"CPU-Clock-Daemon" - sets the CPU back to minimum freq of 100 after kernels QoS request (takes a few minutes sometimes / doesn't prevent device from deep sleep)
    Switch Modes* (Battery/Performance)

-- System Tweaks
    fast and stable UI also on very low CPU frequencies
    prevent Dirty Writeback Timeout
    ram management
    SD-Boost
    Wifi Power Management On (saves battery, in case you're at home it will set to lower signal strengh but really enough for good signal)

-- Kernel Tweaks
    for better memory usage
    faster System
    power usage
    default scheduler SIO

- SystemUI: Choose your preferred Launcher in Aroma

- OTA Updates (Updates from our Server)

- GAPPS blacked out
    - 4.2 Camera
    - 4.2 Gallery
    - 4.2 Gmail
    - 4.2 Keyboard

- Extras
    Power Toggles
    Quick Settings
    Speed Daemon
    Beats Audio
    Language selector
    App Privacy/dpi Manager
    Black AOSP-Design
    No Blur
    No Verizon stuff
    Powertop 2.1 - open Terminal and type "su" and "powertop" to open it. To switch tabs you can use Swiftkey Tab key (press "123" then "{$=" to get the Tab key in the left upper corner)

- CDMA / GSM -
    select in Aroma
    rewritten RIL/Baseband configuration for less battery csonsumption in 3G mode
    Netspeed optimized, no redirects, TCP/IP/sockets redefined for better privacy protection and security

- *Performance switch modes included:

Open Terminal Emulator and type 'su', then type:

'game' - to activate high performance mode
    'stock' - to activate battery saving mode

You can use Script Manager to create oneclick-widgets on your homescreen to switch profiles.

This feature will be integrated in the system settings soon, Until then use the Terminal Emulator.

4184_trennungslinie.png

FEATURES JBX 2.1

JBX-Kernel

--> PLEASE CHECK THE JBX-KERNEL THREAD FOR UPDATES: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2223517 <---

D-WiZ JBX 2.1 Android 4.2.2 Rom

Includes typical D-WiZ Tweaks

- tweaked:

System-Tweaks for RAM-Management, SD-Card-Boost (JBX-Kernel)
    Disabled fps-limit for faster UI

-- CPU-Tweaks

by JBX-Kernel

-- System Tweaks
    fast and stable UI also on very low CPU frequencies
    prevent Dirty Writeback Timeout
    ram management
    SD-Boost
    Wifi Power Management On (saves battery, in case you're at home it will set to lower signal strengh but really enough for good signal)

-- Kernel Tweaks
    for better memory usage
    faster System
    power usage

- OTA Updates

Updates from our Server

- GAPPS inverted

- Extras
    Speed Daemon
    Beats Audio
    App Privacy/dpi Manager
    Disable Media Scanner (in case you got wakelocks by Media_Scanner_device)
    Powertop 2.1 - open Terminal and type "su" and "powertop" to open it. To switch tabs you can use Swiftkey Tab key (press "123" then "{$=" to get the Tab key in the left upper corner)

- CDMA / GSM -
    select in Aroma
    rewritten RIL/Baseband configuration for less battery csonsumption in 3G mode
    Netspeed optimized, no redirects, TCP/IP/sockets redefined for better privacy protection and security

4184_trennungslinie.png

SCREENSHOTS

...soon...

4184_trennungslinie.png

BUGS

JBX 1.0

CPU Frequency may be set back to 300mhz min by kernel sometimes, usually after device is running nonstop 2-3 days. Reboot to fix it - for now)
    If you have other problems with CPU, reinstall and select "Alternate CPU-Control".

Some user reported SIM card error (cannot read SIM card) - I don't know the reason yet, but will try to fix it.

Not a bug: After flashing the rom needs an week to settle in, then the battery will last longer!

JBX 2.1

Camera video recording only works with 480p at the moment, but the quality is even good (yes, also with 480p).
    Pictures are taken in max 8mp!

Not a bug: After flashing the rom needs an week to settle in, then the battery will last longer!

4184_trennungslinie.png

TO-DO LIST

JBX 1.0

Rewrite Framework/UI - for a whole new User Interface
    Save more battery

JBX 2.1

JBX-Kernel
    Camera full HD Video recording
    Rewrite Framework/UI - for a whole new User Interface
    Save more battery

4184_trennungslinie.png

REQUIREMENTS JBX 1.0

JB-Kernel (ONLY Verizon! CN-Kernel will cause issues!)
    Bootmenu 0.3.x
    A clean, empty slot
    knowledge about using BMM and flashing roms

REQUIREMENTS JBX 2.1

Bootmenu 0.3.x
    A clean, empty slot (I suggest System 1)
    knowledge about using BMM and flashing roms[/B]

4184_trennungslinie.png

INSTALLATION JBX 1.0

Download the rom
    Download the JB-Kernel
    Download JB-Baseband, extract the file and copy one bp.img (no matter which one) to your sd-card
    Put the kernel and the rom somewhere on your SD-Card (where you can find it!)
    Reboot to BMM recovery
    Select "Firmware Flash"
    For Non-US-Users: Select "Backup CID", Now select "Erase CID"
    Select "Flash Kernel (boot.img)", navigate to the kernel, select it and confirm
    Now choose "flash Radio (bp.img), navigate to the bp.img file, select it and confirm
    Go back to the recovery main menu
    Select "Install zip...", navigate to the rom, select it and confirm
    After the installation is finished reboot.

Non-US-Users NOTE: You will get a "Customer ID error" now on each reboot! Just let it be, BMM will bypass it and boot up normally.

You cannot boot into ICS-Roms now! Therefor you need to restore your CID and flash a ICS-Kernel.

INSTALLATION JBX 2.1

Download the rom from link below (JBX 2.1) and copy to SD-Card
    Download Inverted GApps (also in the link included)
    Reboot into recovery (SS or BMM)
    BMM users I suggest to install this to System 1 (Stock System) - I tried it on System 2 and I got freezes, but maybe it works now...If you test, please report back here!

Make sure you have a clean, empty slot/system!
    Install the rom
    reboot
    Setup everything
    Reboot recovery and flash the inverted Gapps

Some Notes: The Rom will need about an week to settle in which means the battery will drain more fast within the first week. But just be patient, after some days you'll get great battery life!

4184_trennungslinie.png

DOWNLOAD

JBX 1.0

MIRROR

4184_trennungslinie.png

JBX 2.1

MIRROR

4184_trennungslinie.png

Sources

D-WiZ Dev Team:

• dtrail
    • rgocal
    • Silentjet
    • avalakvista
    • Xantian

CREDITS
    Whirleyes - Kernel modules (JBX 1.0) & Bootmenu Manager
    Armarullz - AROMA Installer
    Kholk & [mbm] - Kexec Initial Release
    Hashcode / dhacker29 (STS-Dev-Team) - Motorola JB base, Kexec: Modules-, Kernel-Sources, Finishing Kexec Method on Spyder-devices
    Surdu_Petru - Co-development / sharing knowledge on Razr Custom Kernels
    rgoca - Co-development on JBX/Catalsyt Rom Series
    rovo89 - Xposed framework
    PM me if I forgot you
    XDA-Developers - Community
    Update online!

Changelog :

- Much better battery
    - Much better performance
    - No more FCs
    - SIM card error fixed
    - Whole kernel configuration reconfigured
    - Much better power consumption in 3G mode
    - removed settings background
    - Added new brightness managment app
    - complete new RAM management baked into system, so there shouldn't be much lags anymore

- Fixed SU!
    Just checked in the Acer Ionia Tab forums because I just got my new A101. :D

Need a tablet to work from outside on my projects here - working with phone is a no go.

I found pretty nice stuff there and just started to port some of it into the JBX-Kernel - just like LiveOC from Gnex Prime. This kernel / Rom is going to become bigger and bigger. So I decided to split the project into two separate ones: Kernel and Rom. I will open a new thread for the kernel and make it public for all AOSP Rom users - introducing the first tweaked JB kernel to use with AOSP ROMs for our beloved Moto Razr - Moto, eat your locked bootloader! :D

*Kholk, [mbm], Hashcode, dhacker and Jonpri - thanks for making this possible!
    Worked the whole night and just finished the first test version,. :) Now flashing on my device and get some sleep then... See ya later!!
    Well, thank you Surdu_Petru!!

Good news, guys:

Finally I got a stable running JBX-Kernel here! :D

Features:

- Fixed and modified Pegasusq Governor optimized by myself:

---> Early shut down CPU 1
    ---> CPU 1 will sleep as long as system doesn't need it, then slow upscaling but no lagging
    ---> Fast Downscalingand smooth upscaling of frequencies

- JBX-Iosched: Based on SIO, simple and fast
    - Custom Voltage Interface Support: Undervolt with any supporting app (Speed Daemon included in Rom)
    - OPP Table extended but NO Overclock here due to save battery
    - Underclocked to 100mhz
    - zRAM Interface support extra fro new Dashboard, ported from Catalyst by rgocal

TONIGHT THIS WILL BE RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANd because I made several stability tests myself I guess I will release this public....Ok for testers?