[Q][Help] Revert Back to Stock from SM11

Search This thread

Error2112

May 2, 2014
I don't know much about phones. I have an electronic background, so I'm fairly familiar with terms and such, just not so much with cellulars.

I recently purchased a Galaxy S3 i747M from Koodo mobile in Canada (I bought it outright, no tab). I immediately came home and installed CM11 on it using their automatic installer program. I had a bit of trouble with their installer, it error'd out at one point and I had to start over (in the middle of the permission questions), so I'm not fully sure if it installed 100%. Probably did, everything functions, sort of.

The phone has a custom boot logo (from Cyanogen) and ClockwordMod Recovery v6.0.4.7

The biggest problem I am having is stability. Maps crashes all the time. Browser crashes frequently. The camera only fully works 5% of the time, 45% of the time it takes one picture, then freezes. The other 50% of the time, it simply says "Cannot connect to camera". and the battery calibration has a mind of it's own.

I admit, I sort of jumped into this without doing proper research. What I would like to do is:
- bring phone back to 100% stock (this rom)
- keep or redo after; root & recovery menu
- update kernel to (best?) latest & stable

I am not concerned with any information on the phone. I have everything backed up.

From what I understand, to put the unit back to a stock ROM, I can just use Samsung Kies. Is this the best idea, or will that possible "do something bad"? Also, I am reading about the phones having efuses or ROM-flash counters. I'm not too concerned what Koodo thinks of my phone, but if something can be "fixed" easily, please leave out no detail.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

EDIT:
Annnnnnd.... I just found this thread in the FAQ. *slams head*

Last edited: