Bluetooth mice and hover controls?

Search This thread

tmagritte

Oct 4, 2010
I connected a bluetooth mouse I had lying around hoping it would allow me to use the browser like a desktop browser with support for things like popups that occur when hovering the cursor over a link/picture, dragging flash or other controls, drag-select text.

None of these things worked. The cursor appears and I can move, tap, drag and use the scroll wheel. But it basically behaves as a surrogate of my finger. All the web controls that would require a mouse on a desktop and that don't work with my finger, don't work any better with the cursor.

Is this the expected behaviour? I tried the stock browser, Dolphin and Firefox. They were all the same.

Is there any advantage to using a bluetooth mouse? The only things I can see are less fingerprints on the screen a better precision for positioning the text cursor. But my capacitive stylus covers those just as well.

Thanks.

tmagritte

Oct 4, 2010
Tried it on Chrome? Depends with FW are you on, and kernel.

Does it work properly on Chrome? From what I understand Chrome requires ICS and while I played with it briefly it seemed like it still needed work on stability and I use the camera for Evernote. But I'd be happy if ICS supports proper mouse integration.

I'm using Task 14 with Pershoot's kernal.

Thanks.

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
I connected a bluetooth mouse I had lying around hoping it would allow me to use the browser like a desktop browser with support for things like popups that occur when hovering the cursor over a link/picture, dragging flash or other controls, drag-select text.

None of these things worked. The cursor appears and I can move, tap, drag and use the scroll wheel. But it basically behaves as a surrogate of my finger. All the web controls that would require a mouse on a desktop and that don't work with my finger, don't work any better with the cursor.

Is this the expected behaviour? I tried the stock browser, Dolphin and Firefox. They were all the same.

Is there any advantage to using a bluetooth mouse? The only things I can see are less fingerprints on the screen a better precision for positioning the text cursor. But my capacitive stylus covers those just as well.

Thanks.

With what you are using, I believe you are getting the expected behavior. "an extension of your finger"

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Does it work properly on Chrome? From what I understand Chrome requires ICS and while I played with it briefly it seemed like it still needed work on stability and I use the camera for Evernote. But I'd be happy if ICS supports proper mouse integration.

I'm using Task 14 with Pershoot's kernal.

Thanks.

Not entirely sure since I don't have a BTooth mouse but will test it for you sometime this week.