Dropped my phone for the first time (noticed a rattle)

Search This thread

c411umuk

Mar 30, 2011
Dropped my phone for the first time today. Nothing major, was sitting down, it slipped out of my hand and I spent what seemed like the next 15 minutes juggling with it before it landed on the floor and slid across the room.

There's no real damage to it (a 1mm dent in the corner which nobody apart from me would notice) but when I picked it up and shook it, it rattled a little.

Anyway my question is, Does your phone rattle? Is this possibly the gyroscope or whatever is inside that takes care of orientations? The 'rattle' may well have been there from the beginning and I just didn't notice because I had no reason to shake it next to my ear lol.

Thanks

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
There is a slight rattle to mine when I shake it right next to my ear. I've never dropped it so I would guess it's the gyroscope.

Reactions: c411umuk

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
It's not the gryoscope, that thing is teeny tiny ;)

If it's rattling, something has gotten loose. There's no rattle on my LG G2.

And for future reference, play some hackey sack and learn to catch phones with your feet. I've gotten lucky on a few things this way, although so far I try to avoid dropping my phones ;)

c411umuk

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks chaps. I wasn't overly concerned, my Desire HD sounds like there is a bag of bolts inside it when I shake it about.
It's approaching 100f here at the moment so the phone can get pretty slippery pretty quickly. It will stay in its case from now on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a slight rattle to mine when I shake it right next to my ear. I've never dropped it so I would guess it's the gyroscope.
    It's the camera that rattles ?

The rattle is normal so don't worry mate.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    It's the camera that rattles ?

The rattle is normal so don't worry mate.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I second that. Its the same with the n5 and any other phone that uses OIS.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app