(SOLVED) PIT/Bricked/Dead problem on GT-I9300 international

Search This thread

ManojKBanga

Apr 15, 2012
perth
Hi XDA.

There are several thread about PIT/Partition/ brick/ mounting problem etc.

i spent over 2 days to fix my international GT-I9300 16GB white.

i think there is not much left about PIT on not only XDA but on other websites. Which I didn't read.

some of them are scary like. don't check partition box in odin or motherboard will be dead or that's it your phone is junk/ send it to service center. blah blah blah........

but all you need to do is downgrade you boot loader..........yes.***********THAT'S IT*********
tried millions of method (yes almost million) but nothing work. and i don't want to anyone else spend that much time on it

(back on topic)

here is how i did it.

download all files at last of this post

1. Put your phone on download mod (volume down+home button+power and than volume up)
2.open odin and select option *auto reboot*re-partition*f.reset time *Nand erase all(don.t worry just do it*unless you have other option*)
3.select **GT-I9300.PIT** as pit file(DO NOT SELECT ANY OTHER ONE)
4. click start(after finishing task phone will reboot )
5.now download CF-Root for SGS3 v6.4 from here-------> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1695238
6. again put phone in download mode and root your phone with CF-Root (file you downloaded)
7.now put ***Restore_Bootloader_XXBLFB** ZIP file on your sd card and flash it using phone recovery (cwm)
8.now download any 3 part official firmware for your phone and flash with odin ..

that's it

method above worked for me on my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-I9300 WHITE 16 GB but i still take no responsibility
for any damage to your phone or to your Dog/cat during process.

Thank you
Hope it'll work for you :)
sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• Restore_Bootloader_XXBLFB.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 203,049
Last edited:

ag4751

Oct 30, 2010
Scarborough
In your post you link to the Old rooting method from Chainfire he hasn't supported that thread for around a year now, he moved to a new version of rooting, link is in my signature that is the better rooting method to use unless with your process it requires that you use the old rooting method.

ManojKBanga

Apr 15, 2012
perth
Yes my process required this old root TAR file as it comes with cwm recovery. The new one does not. And as I mentioned up you need recovery to flash bootloader. So in this way you saving time to flash recovery after rooting.
Anyway after recovering your phone you can use new root file from chainfire to re root 3 part firmware which you flashed in recovering process.

Enjoy android ;)

khaaba

Dec 31, 2009
Thoubal, Manipur
Yes my process required this old root TAR file as it comes with cwm recovery. The new one does not. And as I mentioned up you need recovery to flash bootloader. So in this way you saving time to flash recovery after rooting.
Anyway after recovering your phone you can use new root file from chainfire to re root 3 part firmware which you flashed in recovering process.

Enjoy android ;)

Partition Info flashing[PIT] works but bootloader is a problem! ANy other option to may the system works as earlier???

This zipped can not be flashed from Stock Recovery. It says its signature can not be verified! I do not know what to do now. Can not get my bluetooth bhai!

Last edited:
Reactions: tennyzaw

ManojKBanga

Apr 15, 2012
perth
You need CWM recovery to flash this file. Read carefully bhaisaab :)
and iam not sure what you mean bluetooth not working. Explain more.

Last edited:

khaaba

Dec 31, 2009
Thoubal, Manipur
You need CWM recovery to flash this file. Read carefully bhaisaab :)
and iam not sure what you mean bluetooth not working. Explain more.

Sorry for not seeing CWM. I am using stock recovery! Bluetooth icon has gone into gray color, I can not make it green[try to turn ON, it will go to OFF position]. Above all, my csc folder is missing. May be it's the culprit!

found csc folder by making my IMEI into that 049... by flashing ITV rom explains in other thread. I didn't worry much I know I will get back IMEI as I didn't break my efs. flash back thereafter 4.3 swc then to indian xxemh4 4.1.2. my network, wifi, gprs work fine, I got my CSC folder back.
but I still have my Bluetooth non functional and mobile is as laggy as that of 4.3.

another problem is both UART & USB change automatically to modem everytime phone booted!

Last edited:

Mementii

Jul 23, 2008
Hi! I'd like to try your method, but this is what happens in the first step:

<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Erase...
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I can not flash anything. My phone, as I've read is not bricked, just semibricked.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: shainaya

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
my phone is International GT-i9300 16gig White too
i have access to download mod only, there's no recovery menu

after doing 1 - 4 steps according to the first post, when i want to do step 5 & 6 [flashing CF-Root] i'll get this error in Odin:

attachment.php

and this is what my phone show:

attachment.php

anyone knows what should i do now?

You say your phone is international GT-19300 but in your photo of download mode it say's product name SGH-T999 ;)

Reactions: tennyzaw

_Choy

Apr 16, 2012

I can not flash anything. My phone, as I've read is not bricked, just semibricked.

Thanks in advance!

Same problem here, any help?
Thnx in advance

Feb 17, 2014
Hi XDA.

i think there is not much left about PIT on not only XDA but on other websites. Which I didn't read.

some of them are scary like. don't check partition box in odin or motherboard will be dead or that's it your phone is junk/ send it to service center. blah blah blah........

but all you need to do is downgrade you boot loader..........yes.***********THAT'S IT*********
tried millions of method (yes almost million) but nothing work. and i don't want to anyone else spend that much time on it

(back on topic)

here is how i did it.

1. Put your phone on download mod (volume down+home button+power and than volume up)
2.open odin and select option *auto reboot*re-partition*f.reset time *Nand erase all(don.t worry just do it*unless you have other option*)
5.now download CF-Root for SGS3 v6.4 from here-------> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1695238
6. again put phone in download mode and root your phone with CF-Root (file you downloaded)
7.now put ***Restore_Bootloader_XXBLFB** ZIP file on your sd card and flash it using phone recovery (cwm)
8.now download any 3 part official firmware for your phone and flash with odin ..

that's it

method above worked for me on my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-I9300 WHITE 16 GB but i still take no responsibility

Thank you

I tried all that but it gets stuck at <ID:0/012> Added!!
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Erase...

Delgisp

Jul 23, 2012
Boca Chica
Same trouble!!!

This happenned to me too..

Any Solution????

nassiry

Apr 30, 2014
help

Thanks in advance!

hi I get the same prablem how did u fix this prablem please

romuloff

Jan 6, 2014
Same unsolving problem here

I can't get rid of "Complete(Write) operation failed" too (samsung galaxy i9300).
Can't do nothing on Odin 3 , with PIT file or CF-root
Odin FAIL !

HELP ! SOS !

On CWM Clock Work Mod Recovery, the message trying to reset / wipe factory data is "E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/"

sergio_f

Sep 2, 2009
I can't get rid of "Complete(Write) operation failed" too (samsung galaxy i9300).
Can't do nothing on Odin 3 , with PIT file or CF-root
Odin FAIL !

HELP ! SOS !

On CWM Clock Work Mod Recovery, the message trying to reset / wipe factory data is "E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/"

as i know, you have a problem with motherboard or emmc chip, need replacement.

i have one with the very same problem you have described

Reactions: romuloff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi XDA.

(back on topic)

here is how i did it.

that's it

Thank you
    In your post you link to the Old rooting method from Chainfire he hasn't supported that thread for around a year now, he moved to a new version of rooting, link is in my signature that is the better rooting method to use unless with your process it requires that you use the old rooting method.
    Here are the complete ODIN Service files to restore your International GT-I9300 16GB device to I9300XXUGNJ2_I9300OXXGNJ1-OXX (Open) STOCK:

CSC-OXX-I9300XXUGNJ2_I9300OXXGNJ1_2793257_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

CSC-OXX-I9300XXUGNJ2_I9300OXXGNJ1_2793257_REV00_user_low_ship.zip

This is ODIN v3.10:
    Odin3 v3.10.zip

This package is straight from Samsung and includes the PIT for partitioning!! ;)

These files are intended to be used with ODIN ONLY!! If at any time ODIN FAILS, pull battery, re-insert battery, go back to ODIN and try again.

Download the two items, charge device to 100% battery, Download and install Device drivers from samsung if needed.

www.samsung.com/support

Unzip the CSC-i9300****.zip file.

Unzip and Open "ODIN v.3.10.exe" as an "Administrator" on a Windows PC.

Click on each of the 4 buttons below and browse to find matching file in extracted image folder:

BL = BL-****.tar.md5
    AP = AP-****.tar.md5
    CP = MODEM-****.tar.md5
    CSC = CSC-****.tar.md5

Check the following boxes:

Auto-Reboot
    Re-Partition
    F. Reset Time

Put 100% charged device into ODIN Mode, and connect to PC USB with Original Cable.

Check there two boxes in ODIN:

Phone Bootloader Update
    Clear EFS Partition

Hit the "Start" button

Once the Device reboots, perform Two [2] FDR (Factory Data Reset).

Phone is back to complete stock... ;)

Enjoy android ;)
    8.now download any 3 part official firmware for your phone and flash with odin

i cnt find that. can i use normal 1 part firmware? you say "any 3 part" but im looking in all internet and cnt find one.

I have same problem that failed pit with odin, solved using Odin 3.11

<ID:0/003> Added!!
    <ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1101)..
    <ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
    <ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/003> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/003> Removed!!
    <ID:0/003> Remain Port .... 0
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

EDIT
    Solved!!!
    I have bad bad english but i will try say what i do
    i have problem whit recovery "E: cant mount /data"
    i use this post and flash pit but bootloader always fail with recovery...
    then i see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0pV2pSw2N0
    i dont do that exactly, but i go here
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/orig-development/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-touch-recovery-t1943592
    download latest version of recovery, flash with odin then and go recovery "Mount" and clean all, dont touch ext4 or fat like youtube video, i just clean all in advanced clean.
    Then go and download 3 part firmware,
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/odinfirmware-sgsiii-i9300-prerooted-t1825272/page45
    thx to "flame360" who upload full firmware i use latest odin to flash all...rom, modem, bootloader and pit
    the bootloop again.... go stock recovery, do wipe factory and wipe cache and finally my phone is alive.
    i hope this help someone.