[Q] Will Unlocking Bootloader/ Rooting my Verizon LTE Nexus 7 Void it's warranty?

Search This thread

trampino96

Apr 18, 2011
I don't know if this has been asked or answered yet. I am very new on the scene. Purchased my device today while Verizon had an awesome promotion:cool: I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me, it'd be greatly appreciated:good: thanks in advance to all.:cyclops:

ngyurov

Nov 18, 2010
I don't know if this has been asked or answered yet. I am very new on the scene. Purchased my device today while Verizon had an awesome promotion:cool: I was wondering if anyone could answer this question for me, it'd be greatly appreciated:good: thanks in advance to all.:cyclops:

Yes, it will void the warranty, however the nexus doesn't have a flash counter, so once you restore the original image and relock the bootloader, the care center won't be able to tell that the bootloader was unlocked in first place.

Restoring nexus 7 to original condition is very easy, check out wug's nexus toolkit, it's very easy to use and had a wide variety of options.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: trampino96

icrazy

Feb 22, 2008
Sometimes it happens that the fault will not allow you to reflash the stock rom for warranty . There was a guy here on forum with the usb connector broken . So is not totally risk free.

flyboy1100

Jul 2, 2010
Sometimes it happens that the fault will not allow you to reflash the stock rom for warranty . There was a guy here on forum with the usb connector broken . So is not totally risk free.

Technically they would have to prove the software change caused the usb connector to fail. Pretty unlikely

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes.

But if you restore the factory Image and relock the bootloader they will never know... effectively restoring your warranty.

Yes, it will void the warranty, however the nexus doesn't have a flash counter, so once you restore the original image and relock the bootloader, the care center won't be able to tell that the bootloader was unlocked in first place.

Restoring nexus 7 to original condition is very easy, check out wug's nexus toolkit, it's very easy to use and had a wide variety of options.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app