[ROM][4.4][Beta][UNOFFICIAL][Updated 11/21/13]Cyanogemod 11 for D2SPR

Search This thread

Schnadam

Jan 22, 2011
Tried to select keyboard from settings and phone froze... Pulled battery and went into boot loop...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

ksmullins88

Dec 16, 2010
Detroit, MI
Another build was released just now, and was wondering if it was fixed. That's all. Thanks for help.

Oh my apologies. I was unaware.

I updated the OP with hrubaks latest build a few hours ago

Taptalked u see ... əəs n pəʞlɐʇdɐʇ

Seems to still be causing reboots though on FFC...

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I've got core gapps FC's after switching to ART. ROM is solid ,thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Same here. Had to revert to dalvik

Last edited:

southphillysean

Feb 27, 2009
Philadelphia
Great work. Running smooth. No FCS on camera. I do have one question. I have music on my internal storage but it isn't showing up on the music player or using root explorer. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Advertize

Jan 9, 2010
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidpancho View Post
Anyone know how to access APNs? I can't edit with APN Backup and Restore after converting it into a system app.

Not sure, might have to wait for APN Backup&Restore to get KitKat support

I too really need to know how to access APN's.....went through the same issue of APN backup and restore not working after making it a system app. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciatated.:confused:

Xontic

Jun 18, 2010
New Hyde Park
MMS fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidpancho View Post
Anyone know how to access APNs? I can't edit with APN Backup and Restore after converting it into a system app.

I too really need to know how to access APN's.....went through the same issue of APN backup and restore not working after making it a system app. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciatated.:confused:

Not sure if any of you wanted the steps for the Go SMS APN fix... So I'll list them for you guys. Keep in mind, you can disable all notifications and such on this app and use it merely as a APN rerouting app. Your default app for messaging will remain unchanged if you like.

1) Download and install Go SMS Pro to your phone from the Google Play Store.
2) Launch Go SMS Pro and skip through the intro message screens.
3) Skip the Go Chat Service offer unless you really want that.
4) Press Menu button on your GS3.
5) Choose Settings.
6) Scroll down the menu and choose Set default SMS program.
7) Press each entry in the list and put a check mark on "Use by default for this action" then choose Go SMS Pro. When both are done, press the back button on your phone.
8) Up on top, press "Advanced"
9) Scroll down the list and press "MMS Settings"
10) Scroll down the list and put a check mark on "Fill APN configuration manually"
11) Press "MMSC".
12) Type in "http://mms.sprintpcs.com" - do not include the double quotes. Press OK button.
13) Press "MMS PROXY".
14) Type in "68.28.31.7" - do not include the double quotes. Press OK button.
15) Press "MMS PORT".
16) Type in "80" - do not include the double quotes. Press OK button.
17) Press back button on phone twice.
18) Send/receive a few SMS/MMS messages to test.
19) Done.

Advertize

Jan 9, 2010
Indianapolis

Not sure if any of you wanted the steps for the Go SMS APN fix... So I'll list them for you guys. Keep in mind, you can disable all notifications and such on this app and use it merely as a APN rerouting app. Your default app for messaging will remain unchanged if you like.

1) Download and install Go SMS Pro to your phone from the Google Play Store.
2) Launch Go SMS Pro and skip through the intro message screens.
3) Skip the Go Chat Service offer unless you really want that.
4) Press Menu button on your GS3.
5) Choose Settings.
6) Scroll down the menu and choose Set default SMS program.
7) Press each entry in the list and put a check mark on "Use by default for this action" then choose Go SMS Pro. When both are done, press the back button on your phone.
8) Up on top, press "Advanced"
9) Scroll down the list and press "MMS Settings"
10) Scroll down the list and put a check mark on "Fill APN configuration manually"
11) Press "MMSC".
12) Type in "http://mms.sprintpcs.com" - do not include the double quotes. Press OK button.
13) Press "MMS PROXY".
14) Type in "68.28.31.7" - do not include the double quotes. Press OK button.
15) Press "MMS PORT".
16) Type in "80" - do not include the double quotes. Press OK button.
17) Press back button on phone twice.
18) Send/receive a few SMS/MMS messages to test.
19) Done.

:good: Hey I really appreciate this "work around" and yes this will allow you to ultimately send and recieve MMS but I am not a huge fan of the way that GO MMS actually sends links. Still really just wanting to access the APN's. I am flashed to Verizon Pre-paid so I have to make these changes on whatever rom I use.

Last edited:

banccalif

Feb 9, 2011
LOS ANGELES
Oh my apologies. I was unaware.

Seems to still be causing reboots though on FFC...

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Same here. Had to revert to dalvik

You've got to flash PA odex gapps wait for reboot, switch to art then you should be good. Just followed those steps and I'm up and running no FCs

Edit: here are the gapps I used http://d-h.st/L4N

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

1BadWolf

Aug 12, 2012
Nowhere, Louisiana
:good: Hey I really appreciate this "work around" and yes this will allow you to ultimately send and recieve MMS but I am not a huge fan of the way that GO MMS actually sends links. Still really just wanting to access the APN's. I am flashed to Verizon Pre-paid so I have to make these changes on whatever rom I use.

It's just a thought, but, couldn't you extract the apns-conf.XML from the zip, edit and replace it then (re)flash the zip? I haven't tried this specifically, but I regularly add, remove and/or modify some things before flashing so it seems like it would be possible if you knew the apns that you needed to get it working. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong....

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way.

rukin1

Dec 4, 2011
FW
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
5e23.png

must say.. runs good so far..

Last edited:

Advertize

Jan 9, 2010
Indianapolis
It's just a thought, but, couldn't you extract the apns-conf.XML from the zip, edit and replace it then (re)flash the zip? I haven't tried this specifically, but I regularly add, remove and/or modify some things before flashing so it seems like it would be possible if you knew the apns that you needed to get it working. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong....

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way.

Hmmm, I am not sure but its a great thought!

Thanks!

inbetweenaisles

Oct 19, 2012
www.twitter.com
Great work. Running smooth. No FCS on camera. I do have one question. I have music on my internal storage but it isn't showing up on the music player or using root explorer. Any help is appreciated.

I also can't access my internal storage or like the internal storage is gone? Anybody have any ideas?

kmartburrito

Mar 17, 2006
Denver, CO
I also can't access my internal storage or like the internal storage is gone? Anybody have any ideas?

Something's wrong with root access after flashing today's 11/12 version. I'm seeing both internal and external storage though. I enabled root for apps and adb from the dev options menu, and still no go. I flashed a superSU zip from recovery, and root checker still says I don't have proper root access. Not sure what's going on.

Thank goodness, I was able to sideload my old version of TWRP recovery,boot back into it, and restore my saved backup. Not touching this thing with a 10 foot pole for a few days since that was a scary little bit of time there. :)

Anyone else lose root, or have any ideas as to why that might have happened?

I was seriously digging the ART compiler though, definitely felt faster scrolling around in things!

Last edited:

inbetweenaisles

Oct 19, 2012
www.twitter.com
Something's wrong with root access after flashing today's 11/12 version. I'm seeing both internal and external storage though. I enabled root for apps and adb from the dev options menu, and still no go. I flashed a superSU zip from recovery, and root checker still says I don't have proper root access. Not sure what's going on.

Thank goodness, I was able to sideload my old version of TWRP recovery,boot back into it, and restore my saved backup. Not touching this thing with a 10 foot pole for a few days since that was a scary little bit of time there. :)

Anyone else lose root, or have any ideas as to why that might have happened?

I was seriously digging the ART compiler though, definitely felt faster scrolling around in things!

I did lose root. Aw ****. And also my internal got wiped so no backup for me. Am I screwed?

Edit: I was using ART, and that's when root was lost. I switched back to Dalvick and everything worked fine again.

Last edited:

xblackvalorx

Oct 27, 2011
Still sending double texts on 11/12

This was an issue with 4.4 and gosms and is now fixed

Last edited:

mahootzki

May 29, 2011
Brooklyn
Love this ROM so far, thanks for your work. One of the issues on the Nexus 5 (which I'm returning for that reason...) is that you can't use voice and data simultaneously. That's the only issue I'm having with this ROM now too. Is this fixable?

Send from Brooklyn NY using a Galaxy S III

Jon.StatiK

Feb 9, 2010
Love this ROM so far, thanks for your work. One of the issues on the Nexus 5 (which I'm returning for that reason...) is that you can't use voice and data simultaneously. That's the only issue I'm having with this ROM now too. Is this fixable?

Send from Brooklyn NY using a Galaxy S III

I'm pretty sure Sprint's network doesn't allow voice+data simultaneously. Unless you're on a different network then I have no idea.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am creating this thread to keep the official cm10.2 thread clean. Flash at your own risk and the other usual warnings :D

fEI3.png

Working:
    RIL (Calls, SMS, MMS, and Data)
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    NFC?
    Wifi
    Audio
    External Storage

Not Working:
    Camera may cause reboots

ART is in the experimental stages and there is a reason google placed it under developer options... please do not use it... please do not complain about it... there is nothing I can do about it... please direct any complaints to google... have a nice day :D

Code:
    Changelog:

[B]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/B]

11/21/13
    [B]------ Common to all d2 devices -------[/B]
    # Conditionally revert Adaptive playback commits ← Netflix Fix
    # d2: Disable Adaptive Playback
    #Re-added SU on ART patch

[B]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/B]

11/20/13
    # camera: Add ZSL support for Samsung/Qualcomm cameras
    # d2: enable Camera2 overlays
    # DCTracker: upgrade stubbed apn to Qcril Standard.
    # Add back hardware key settings.

[B]------- CM Experimental -------[/B]
    #Add lockscreen shortcuts
    #Temporarily removed Swipe to Switch (I was lazy and forgot to add it into this build)

11/17/13

# Add back DurationTimer to fix camera.msm8960 load
    # Fix NT_MODE case statements
    # alsa_sound: Initial changes for basic FM featur
    # alsa_sound: Add support for Voip
    # alsa_sound: Enable support for LPA/Tunnel audio playback
    # Dialer: Update Icons to Kitkat
    # TelephonyProvider: Update Icons to KitKat
    # frameworks/av: Squashed commit of media features from CAF
    # frameworks/av: Fixup after squashed commit of media features from CAF
    # Telephony: Update Icons to Kitkat
    # Telephony: DcTracker: Fix CDMA APN Data issues-alleviates d2spr’s(probably not the only one) inability to consistently connect to data, CDMA and/or LTE connections
    # Telephony: check if the provisioning apn is actually empty before
    # audio: add support for MSM audio formats
    # audio: Define Proxy device
    # audio: audio enhancements for playback and recording.
    # audio: Support for MSM audio formats
    # camera: add support for samsung and htc camcorder modes
    # camera: allow setting video-size before recording starts
    # camera: Add options to better control video preview size
    # cdma: Restore SVDO after merge.
    # Fix Framebuffer console Oops / Fixes reboot KP
    # PhoneWindowPolicy: Fix NPE race condition by excessive screen on delay

[B]------- CM Experimental -------[/B]

#Forward ported quick settings tiles from cm10.2 (Fixed sync and data tiles fc'ing)
    #Swipe to Switch (In the status bar... swipe the gray bar at the bottom to switch to qs tiles and back)
    #Lockscreen widget options in settings menu forward ported
    #Fixed SU on ART

Instructions:
    I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE... YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE LATEST CWM WHICH IS 6.0.4.3!!! OLDER VERSIONS OF CWM AND EVEN THE LATEST TWRP WILL RESULT IN AN ERROR DURING INSTALLATION!!!

MAKE A BACKUP!!!!
    WIPE DATA!!!
    FLASH THE FILE!!!
    IF YOU HAVE AN ERROR DURING FLASHING RESTORE YOUR BACKUP, UPDATE CWM, THEN GIVE IT ANOTHER SHOT!!!
    ENJOY!!! :D

Downloads:
    11/21/13
    11/20/13

Gapps:
    Provided by Dhacker

Thanks to all of the d2vzw guys for having everything fixed so quickly and of course sharing the love :D:D:D:D
    Its not a bug its the mega bug of them all. The bug to end all bugs. It is the bain of my existence. Think not what your Dev can do for you, but what you can do to get rid of the voicemail conspiracy!!!

I died... Omg... Lmao... New build tonight... Working on 4 different projects simultaneously... But its the weekend so whheeeeee :D

nothing is more annoying than someone coming into a development thread, demanding fixes, without providing any logs, or any useful information of any kind..

all this gimmegimmegimme has become all too common on xda these days...smh...

i've been building from what hrubak has posted & will share a link once i've flashed to my own phone & confirmed it working. i'm no dev so i will not/can not provide any support. just thought it was only right to give back on a day like today. make sure to thank @hrubak & company for providing the necessary files b/c w/o them we wouldn't have 4.4 running on the d2spr.

*alright, flashed, booted, & running on my phone. Thanks to everyone who made this possible! - http://d-h.st/ppu
    Still working on getting the new build up... Gotta deal with some build errors... But for now I'm on my way to class

BTW... We got sensors fixed last night... New build will be up soon with a plethora of fixes... SU on ART for one