[APP]AOSP 4.3 Gallery with 3D - View jps and mpo in 3D

Search This thread

1ackass

Apr 12, 2012
Tallinn
This is the Android 4.3 Gallery(with Camera) app , with a twist for our evo 3D´s. It can view jps and mpo pictures in 3D!
I have modified it to have 3D mode and made it a standalone installable APK.

It should work on any android starting from ICS(although on ICS, Photo Editing doesn´t work).

It is based from https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Gallery/
And it is using HJ200´s 3D Library from here
Full source from here

Screenshots:
Screenshot_2013_10_13_19_22_33.png

Screenshot_2013_10_13_19_22_56.png

Download from here - https://github.com/1ackass/Gallery3D_EVO_3D/blob/master/Gallery3D.apk?raw=true

Bugs:
When rotating, the 3D Button might disappear(Press back button and reselect the image to fix it).
JPS images are showing both images/sides when viewing in 2D
You tell me.

To install it, just open the apk and install it. If it shows some error on installation, put it in System/app(Make sure you replace the original Gallery apk).

Credits:
Google
HJ200

Last edited:

HJ200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
Very very nice! I'm currently working on a new 3D tools lib which can decode the 2D (left) image from jps and mpo files, you might need this lib to generate nice thumbs. I'll let you know when I'm done

1ackass

Apr 12, 2012
Tallinn
@1ackass: I managed to update the Gallery2 from cm-10.2 with your 3D code. It compiles but 3D images are not showing in 3D and I dont see any button.

Here's the repo: https://github.com/Ro-Team/android_...mmit/f887c3acde931847517dcef8fe937230948b65b9

Can you have a look maybe I missed something?

10x
Hmm... Weird. I copied the project to Eclipse, modified to make it work without the android dependencies, and it showed 3d pictures just fine :confused: But can you give pull the gallery apk, so I could test it?

johnnyslt

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
Bucharest
Hmm... Weird. I copied the project to Eclipse, modified to make it work without the android dependencies, and it showed 3d pictures just fine :confused: But can you give pull the gallery apk, so I could test it?

Its easier for you to work on a precompiled apk rather than on the source?

Here's the apk:

Attachments

• Gallery2.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 211

1ackass

Apr 12, 2012
Tallinn
Its easier for you to work on a precompiled apk rather than on the source?

Here's the apk:

Nope source is better :p. But the weird thing is that your gallery apk works fine on ics with 3D mode. I am gonna go to jb and try again. (I might have something to fix this no 3D)

Sent from my shooteru using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vako13

Feb 17, 2014
CM11 tested

I've tested this gallery on EVO 3D CM11 mod ROM and no 3D button either. 3D images opened with his gallery shows only 2D.

Reactions: 1ackass

1ackass

Apr 12, 2012
Tallinn
I've tested this gallery on EVO 3D CM11 mod ROM and no 3D button either. 3D images opened with his gallery shows only 2D.

The gallery detects 3D images by the file type (jps or mpo) and on some roms it doesn't detect those files. I know it is a bit hackish, but the aosp gallery is very hard to modify.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

1ackass

Apr 12, 2012
Tallinn
liquidsmooth cm11 handles some 3d.
this app, the jmz switcher, all of hj200's apps that I've tested, and a few market apps, all work in 3d.
The physical switch doesn't seem to be recognized is all.

The problem with the 3D switch is that aosp roms doesn't detect the state of it.

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
The problem with the 3D switch is that aosp roms doesn't detect the state of it.

I wonder if it could be forced into the keymap? My optimus v had kernel triggers for all hard buttons, and some of them were missing from the keymap on early device folders. Like the headset button. Once they were mapped in, they worked fine. I'll do some dmesg and grep, and look for it.

//edit: funny, it's all in there, there's just nothing using it.

Last edited:
Reactions: hossman

Top Liked Posts