[APP][4.1+] M2D My Second Device

Search This thread

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
I looked at both posts and still don't understand what you say I don't understand.
I installed m2d manager on the S4 and on the watch, and both devices are connected by BT.
Yous say on the 1st post: "But not notifications only, with this Service Apps can exchange all kind of text messages between them and make actions in the remote device. All kind of actions that new Smartwatches like Sony Smartwatch and Samsung Galaxy Gear can be done with this project."
I just want to make the omate truesmart companion of my S4 (receiving notificafions and calls), if your software can do it, is it?
I'm french and perhaps I misunderstood something in your posts
Thanks beforehand for your answer.

If you want to receive notifications in your watch you have to install:

- m2d manager in both devices
- Voice for notifications in your S4
- m2d Notifications receiver in your watch

So far there is no module for calls developed.

Look for the links in first post.

Thanks

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
So voice for notify has to be installed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Still crashes.

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
So voice for notify has to be installed?

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Still crashes.

Yes,

m2d manager is the communication channel and the modules do things in both devices.

Is this working already?

Please tell me if it works ok.

Thanks

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
m2d media remote sender updated to version 1.1.0

- Now can send audio streaming from this device mic (it will stop at 2 minutes automatically)
- Bugs fixed

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
m2d media remote receiver updated to version 1.1.0

- Now can receive audio streaming from the other device mic (it will stop at 2 minutes automatically)
- Bugs fixed

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Still crashing in the latest. I'll get you a logcat.

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
New m2d manager version released!

And if you want to try more features...

I've release version 1.2.0 of m2d media remote sender and receiver.

New option enables you to manage one device from the other one. It's more a proof of concept than any valid thing, but I think is worth to try it.
The sender device must be rooted and with permissions in order this to work. I have to record a video.

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Developer Post:

Want to use M2D Manager for your own modules? Get rid of bluetooth connections and leave that for M2D Manager. Focus on your App.

In order to send a message between devices, the message goes first to M2D Manager with an Intent this way:

Intent i = new Intent("com.pacosal.m2d.manager.action.MSG");
    i.setPackage("com.pacosal.m2d.manager");

i.putExtra("action", "Your receiver package and filter");
    i.putExtra("data", "message");

sendBroadcast(i);

***********************************************************************************
    ** version 1.3.0
    ***********************************************************************************
    Added feature to ask m2d Manager for connection state

Register for this filter in your ExternReceiver:

<action android:name="com.pacosal.m2d.manager.action.CONNECTION" />

and in your class use this code:

if (intent.getAction().equals("com.pacosal.m2d.manager.action.CONNECTION")) {
    connectionState = intent.getBooleanExtra("connected", false);
    return;
    }

If you need to know the connection state, you can ask m2d manager with this code:

Intent i = new Intent("com.pacosal.m2d.manager.action.CONNECTION_STATE");
    i.setPackage("com.pacosal.m2d.manager");
    this.sendBroadcast(i);

** version 1.2.0

Added feature to send and receive binary files. Don't send binary files greater than 500.000 bytes.

To send:
    intent.putExtra("binary",byte[]) ;

To receive:
    byte[] dataBinary = intent.getByteArrayExtra("binary");

If you need sending greater files, send them with several messages and concatenate them.

** version 1.1.0

By default, M2D Manager stores messages if there is no connection between devices in real time, if for your App the message is only valid in real time, set the following flag. For instance for an instant action.

intent.putExtra("flagNoStore",true) ;

The action parameter include the filter broadcast that the receiver App must implement.
    The data parameter is a String message to send to your App. Could be any String text, including json

In order to receive the message in the other App (Could be the same App) M2D Manager send an Intent with the action text you sent before that you have to register in your manifest:

AndroidManifest

<receiver android:name="your_package.ExternReceiver" >
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="Your receiver package and filter" />
    </intent-filter>
    </receiver>

Class

public class ExternReceiver extends BroadcastReceiver {

public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {

// Do actions...

String data = intent.getStringExtra("data");

Log.D(TAG, data);

}

}

Remember including in Google Play description the sentence M2D My Second Device Module at the end in order that users can find your App from M2D Manager.

Thanks
    spell mistake :p
    concept is good,any chance of connection by internet rather than using Bluetooth,so that I can use it even when I m out?
    coz otherwise I will have to be in Bluetooth range to make everything work ..

Thanks for the mistake :eek:

The idea is wear always both devices, because the small one doesn't have SIM

Regards
    Pacosal my man,

Do both devices need to be running Android?
    Could this happen between an iPhone and a Gear?

Thanks!

Sorry my friend, but only Android