[APP][4.1+] M2D My Second Device

Search This thread

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
2 images attached!

The idea is to have a cheap device always in your car with GPS and Bluetooth enabled. No need SIM nor WIFI.

This module is like a console to set near you where you can see the GPS data fields:

- Speed
- Elevation
- Hour

Besides, if the mobile have m2d manager installed and your main device as well and they are paired, if you install Voice for Notifications App, you will be able to read your notifications in m2d CAR.

Maybe more features in the future.

Soon at Google Play.

Attachments

• 20140514_073210_Android.jpg
    20140514_073210_Android.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 20140514_073221_Android.jpg
    20140514_073221_Android.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 284
Reactions: Moon83

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
M2D CAR version 1.0.0 released!

In 2 hours live at Google Play.

This App works as a module of My Second Device service and needs the Voice for Notifications App in order to get Notifications.

Besides, it is an App that shows Speed, Elevation and Hour and notifications as well.

The idea is to have a dedicated device only for your car. This device must only have bluetooth and gps enabled. There is no need for wifi or sim.

You have to install:

- m2d manager in both devices (main device and car device)

- Voice for notifications in your main device (you can uncheck read notifications and this way only send notifications to your second device.

- This App in your device car.

How to proceed:

- Pair both devices by bluetooth. Run m2d manager in both devices and select main device in your car device. In a few seconds both will be connected.

If you use a tablet, you can receive notifications as well. Install m2d manager and m2d notifications receiver in your tablet and pair them as well. Select your main device in m2d manager.

Your main device will connect to one of them if is near. For example to your car device when you are in your car o to your tablet when you are at home.

Reactions: Moon83

chankafai

Jul 4, 2009
Can you try to support Android 2.3??
I have a old phone which is running Android 2.3, I hope I can reuse that phone and do not waste that phone...

Thanks A lot!!

fr4nkr0c

Mar 31, 2007
hi @pacosal.. where is the last version of m2f sender? i have 1.01 from google play... is the last version? please tell me the link ! thanks! great job with imacwear m7

SuperSZ

Feb 15, 2012
I was looking for this app, it would really help me (as it's described "If you live in an area with burglar problems, maybe is better not to show your last Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and show your Xperia U, for example." ). But it appears that it's not available anymore on google play store, can you reupload it please? It would be really useful to me. Thank you very much!

edit: Oh, I just found it. Don't worry.

Sender: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.m2d.notifications
Receiver: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.m2d.receiver

Last edited:

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
I was looking for this app, it would really help me (as it's described "If you live in an area with burglar problems, maybe is better not to show your last Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and show your Xperia U, for example." ). But it appears that it's not available anymore on google play store, can you reupload it please? It would be really useful to me. Thank you very much!

edit: Oh, I just found it. Don't worry.

Sender: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.m2d.notifications
Receiver: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.m2d.receiver
Use this intead: http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-m2d-notifications-sender-receiver-t2986778

Regards

Bono5150

Oct 16, 2016
Great job mann.. you are genius

You are genius man..
Thaks for the apps
I have already install it and works well
4 thumbs up

:good::good::good::good:

auldthief

Feb 21, 2011
New Bombay
New update supports full android smartwatches?!! WOW! Donation sent in app! You deserve a beer man! :)

please tell us more! It was already working well with my Finow Q1. Have you added any new features apart from new interface?
A few feature requests which I am sure you would already have got, but just putting it out there...

1. Since media player notifications are also available on the phone, Can you please add a way to control media playback from the watch?
2. Remote camera shutter. View and snap images from the watch.
3. Handsfree calling. Picking up/making calls, talking from the watch, caller ID on the watch etc.

Been hunting for so long for these features but you seem to be the only developer who shows promise!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Developer Post:

Want to use M2D Manager for your own modules? Get rid of bluetooth connections and leave that for M2D Manager. Focus on your App.

In order to send a message between devices, the message goes first to M2D Manager with an Intent this way:

Intent i = new Intent("com.pacosal.m2d.manager.action.MSG");
    i.setPackage("com.pacosal.m2d.manager");

i.putExtra("action", "Your receiver package and filter");
    i.putExtra("data", "message");

sendBroadcast(i);

***********************************************************************************
    ** version 1.3.0
    ***********************************************************************************
    Added feature to ask m2d Manager for connection state

Register for this filter in your ExternReceiver:

<action android:name="com.pacosal.m2d.manager.action.CONNECTION" />

and in your class use this code:

if (intent.getAction().equals("com.pacosal.m2d.manager.action.CONNECTION")) {
    connectionState = intent.getBooleanExtra("connected", false);
    return;
    }

If you need to know the connection state, you can ask m2d manager with this code:

Intent i = new Intent("com.pacosal.m2d.manager.action.CONNECTION_STATE");
    i.setPackage("com.pacosal.m2d.manager");
    this.sendBroadcast(i);

** version 1.2.0

Added feature to send and receive binary files. Don't send binary files greater than 500.000 bytes.

To send:
    intent.putExtra("binary",byte[]) ;

To receive:
    byte[] dataBinary = intent.getByteArrayExtra("binary");

If you need sending greater files, send them with several messages and concatenate them.

** version 1.1.0

By default, M2D Manager stores messages if there is no connection between devices in real time, if for your App the message is only valid in real time, set the following flag. For instance for an instant action.

intent.putExtra("flagNoStore",true) ;

The action parameter include the filter broadcast that the receiver App must implement.
    The data parameter is a String message to send to your App. Could be any String text, including json

In order to receive the message in the other App (Could be the same App) M2D Manager send an Intent with the action text you sent before that you have to register in your manifest:

AndroidManifest

<receiver android:name="your_package.ExternReceiver" >
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="Your receiver package and filter" />
    </intent-filter>
    </receiver>

Class

public class ExternReceiver extends BroadcastReceiver {

public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {

// Do actions...

String data = intent.getStringExtra("data");

Log.D(TAG, data);

}

}

Remember including in Google Play description the sentence M2D My Second Device Module at the end in order that users can find your App from M2D Manager.

Thanks
    spell mistake :p
    concept is good,any chance of connection by internet rather than using Bluetooth,so that I can use it even when I m out?
    coz otherwise I will have to be in Bluetooth range to make everything work ..

Thanks for the mistake :eek:

The idea is wear always both devices, because the small one doesn't have SIM

Regards
    Pacosal my man,

Do both devices need to be running Android?
    Could this happen between an iPhone and a Gear?

Thanks!

Sorry my friend, but only Android