[Q] HTC Desire HD upgrade to Jellybean gone wrong

Search This thread

lokoid

Feb 4, 2014
I've hit a brick wall on this and really need some help.
Last night I unlocked the bootloader on my HTC Desire HD.

I proceeded to the steps on Team Android page

Up to setp 10 everything was fine but when I went to RECOVERY, I just got a red exclamation.
ClockworkMod Recovery was not installed. I can't proceed with the JellyBean setup.

The phone cannot boot up as normal. I just get a blank screen. However, I can go into bootloader mode.

I tried a factory reset - no joy.

What should I do now? From hours of reading I've seen advice about flashing recovery and flashing rom. I don't have a recovery.img or a boot.img (other than the jellybean boot.img).
I don't want to mess this up any more. Would really appreciate any help I can get.

In Bootloader it says
****** UNLOCKED *******
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0029
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M

firstly you must download this TWRP recovery .img file..then turn on your phone into bootloader mode..then select FASTBOOT..then connecting your phone to pc until indicator in your phone is "FASTBOOT-USB" then copied the "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-ace.img" file to your adb folder..that are the same place as your adb.exe and fastboot.exe file on your pc...then open cmd from there..
and then typing "fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-ace.img" ..after that you can continued typing "fastboot reboot-bootloader" done...now you already had custom recovery on your phone..

now you can install/ flashing custom rom from the recovery but don't forget always flashing boot.img that are extracted from the rom.zip that you are installed through FASTBOOT..with typing "fastboot flash boot boot.img" then type.. "fastboot reboot"

done...

hope this help..