8" Slim Case with kickstand? find one yet?

Search This thread

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Has any-1 found a slim maybe a TPU case
With a kickstand. ..
yet for the 8" Galaxy tab3?
I dont want a folio (book) style.
Write back with what you've found and where
Thanks

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390788125451

I bought on when I got mine back in December, quality is pretty good, nice and sturdy.

So , thanks Krakerx..... tell us what is it made of?
The ebay ad doesn't state it's make up.
Ive got a TPU on mine and it STILL fits in my front pockets and DOES go in and out easy without hanging up.
Does YOURS still have pocketability? Does it hang up going in and out?
A TPU is flexible, but NOT the rubber sticky feel. It's sorta a slick feel with a few ridges and bumps built in.
A Silicone is too grabby and causes the pocket material to hang,,
A smooth plastic would be ok, I guess..
Can you tell us what it's made of? hard plastic? breakable? and does it ad alot of thickness??
thanks!!

krakerx

Dec 29, 2008
Long Island, NY
It's a hard plastic internal, covered by a rubber sleeve. Much like the Otterbox Defender series cases. Adds an about a 1/4" ridge about the screen, so you don't have to worry if you place the tablet face down. Total thickness is about 1/2". As far as pocketability, I couldn't tell you, my pockets aren't big enough, even before the case. I can tell you, I have it in and out of my work bag, and I have no issues with it. The IR port is still accessible, the SD card slot is not, you have to remove the case if you switch out the card a lot.

Here are some pictures with a monster can for scale

Attachments

• IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 297
  • IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 293
  • IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMAG0031.jpg
    IMAG0031.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 278
Reactions: IDisposable

krakerx

Dec 29, 2008
Long Island, NY
Not exactly the slimmest, but probably the best for protection. Only other case that's going to be slim and have a kickstand is probably going to be the Samsung's portfolio case, which does nothing to protect the tablet

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
thanks for the photos Krackerx.... me me... it's a bit too much bulk. especially the 'clips' that extend out at the ends of it.
I'll keep looking. Thanks again for the shots

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a hard plastic internal, covered by a rubber sleeve. Much like the Otterbox Defender series cases. Adds an about a 1/4" ridge about the screen, so you don't have to worry if you place the tablet face down. Total thickness is about 1/2". As far as pocketability, I couldn't tell you, my pockets aren't big enough, even before the case. I can tell you, I have it in and out of my work bag, and I have no issues with it. The IR port is still accessible, the SD card slot is not, you have to remove the case if you switch out the card a lot.

Here are some pictures with a monster can for scale