Moduul LG G Watch Dock - Aluminum, wood + uses LG charging brick

Search This thread

bananis

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney NSW
Hi G Watch owners,

Just thought you might want to check out our current Indiegogo campaign for a G Watch charging dock.
it uses the LG G Watch charging brick to create a desktop/bedside table stand so you can actually view and use the g watch while it's charging without using two hands.
Also acts as a pretty nifty bedside table clock.
It's made out of premium aluminum and timber for the high quality look and feel.

Check out the campaign if you get a sec.
Moduul G Watch dock - Indiegogo Campaign

Thanks,
Yianni
(long time reader and member of XDA)

In full disclusore, i am associated with the company launching this! Thanks for reading..
20140825164836-moduul-indiegogo-exploded.jpg

RunNgun42

Jul 14, 2010
You need to cut open a slot on the side so people with steel watch bands can connect.

YD4ZyGg.jpg

images

Last edited:

jason27131

Dec 10, 2011
22$ shipping outside of Australia completely killed this for me. The shipping is like 2/3 the base price. That's crazy.

bananis

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney NSW
Hey Everyone,
Thanks for the interest in the Moduul.
We've taken on some feedback and have opened it up so the Moduul now works with Closed loop watch bands.
Check it out on Indiegogo.. http://igg.me/at/moduul-gwatch-dock/x/8434738

We also now support the G Watch R!
More devices will be supported as we get details for charging methods and dimensions. stay tuned.

Thanks,
Yianni - Team Aerios.

20140904194733-Moduul-G-Watch-R.jpg

Charlus97

Jun 17, 2012
Bordeaux
charley.sedeau.com
Hey Everyone,
We've taken on some feedback and have opened it up so the Moduul now works with Closed loop watch bands.

More devices will be supported as we get details for charging methods and dimensions. stay tuned.

Thanks,
Yianni - Team Aerios.

Hey, glad to see you here :D But, as other members said, the biggest problem here is the 22$ shipping fees :/

I should go to Australia in 4-5 months, so i'll probably grab one from there, 2/3 of the price just for the shipping is literally too much for me :/

frap129

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2013
Hey Everyone,

Thanks,
Yianni - Team Aerios.

20140904194733-Moduul-G-Watch-R.jpg
I'd be very willing to get one if it didnt cost so much for shipping.

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
By the time this product is released, the G Watch will have been superceded by another device.
I don't know if you're already going to do this but... It would be a good idea to sell the stand, then have pieces that slot in. One for G-watch, one for Gear Live, one for G Watch R etc.

Sonic_44

Sep 30, 2010
Austin, TX
$6.99 off of eBay for the Braketron Nanotek stand (used to be at Best Buy). Cut a small slit on the side for a metal band with a Dremel tool, and the Nanotek sticky part sticks the charger in just the right angle. So even with buying a second charger for the watch from Google, this comes up to less than $30 for a clean looking watch stand!

Attachments

• 1412959405006.jpg
    1412959405006.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,646
  • 1412959421420.jpg
    1412959421420.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,642
Reactions: neckbonest

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
It's about $48 USD to get one moduul shipped to the us.

Would anyone be interested in starting a bounty esque thread where we could get enough people pledged, and say order 20 units? The website is stating only $25 aus to ship 20 units. And I'm sure shipping one of these as a first class package would be $2 or less. I dunno. I guess it's a lost cause.

At least a guy at shapeways has a design up for the g watch r. Not the original g watch tho.

My battery lasts 4 days and spends so little time charging anyway but I'm a sucker for this thing I swear lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi G Watch owners,

Just thought you might want to check out our current Indiegogo campaign for a G Watch charging dock.
    it uses the LG G Watch charging brick to create a desktop/bedside table stand so you can actually view and use the g watch while it's charging without using two hands.
    Also acts as a pretty nifty bedside table clock.
    It's made out of premium aluminum and timber for the high quality look and feel.

Check out the campaign if you get a sec.
    Moduul G Watch dock - Indiegogo Campaign

Thanks,
    Yianni
    (long time reader and member of XDA)

In full disclusore, i am associated with the company launching this! Thanks for reading..
    20140825164836-moduul-indiegogo-exploded.jpg
    $6.99 off of eBay for the Braketron Nanotek stand (used to be at Best Buy). Cut a small slit on the side for a metal band with a Dremel tool, and the Nanotek sticky part sticks the charger in just the right angle. So even with buying a second charger for the watch from Google, this comes up to less than $30 for a clean looking watch stand!