[ROM][KANG][16.07.2012] CyanogenMod 9 Milestone XT720 RC

Search This thread

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Got it boot and set up Google account.
Sensors don't work.
Change hp memory to 36 works much better.
Camera crashes .
No rebooting or freezing happening.
I will test build more tomorrow time to sleep 1:am

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

Reactions: Mioze7Ae

fox_die

Oct 20, 2011
HCMC
does having only 256mb ram have any effect on ICS performace ?
I mean, overall is it better than CM 7.2.0 in term of performace like snappier, more responsive, less lagging..?
I'll definitely try this rom when it hits beta, thank you and keep up the good work! :p

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
does having only 256mb ram have any effect on ICS performace ?
I mean, overall is it better than CM 7.2.0 in term of performace like snappier, more responsive, less lagging..?
I'll definitely try this rom when it hits beta, thank you and keep up the good work! :p

I like the way it looks, feels and performs so far. But this seems to be stretching the XT720 to its limits.
I'm confident that fjfalcon will make it run as good as possible, even with our low 256mb ram.

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium

Reactions: medalstone

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
fjfalcon: I see that you have cleaned up some stuff since the cm9 updates went from 112 to 105mb, and now even to 103mb.
I guess there's a lot of extra things in it that were not needed for our phone.
Thanks again for all your work.

Last edited:
Reactions: medalstone

R-D

Dec 19, 2010
The last build is already working much better, cant wait to see this evolve.

Tested the phone only once so far but it dropped during the call but the phone still thought it was connected and I could not end the call without resetting.

Have had a few instances where I get stuck at boot animation - rebooting again will bring it back usually.

Trebuchet always crashes as soon as I bring up the App drawer, if I am fast enough I can launch an app before it crashes. I can launch the browser/etc from the task bar normally.

CPU at default clock isnt too bad but it is very smooth at even just 850.

I also keep losing data connection, I've had to switch to wifi for now which is working good too.

Edit:
Camera is very good, there seems to be very little if any color banding in low light like in all the 2.x ROMS.

In portrait mode in camera all the menu items are ok, but in landscape mode they are all upside down (rotated 180 degrees the wrong way).

Last edited:

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
I love the progress on CM9. It seems that everyday, there's something new that has been fixed.

Any plans to change the bootanimation to a Cyanogen9mod theme ? I saw one that looks really nice.

Great work fjfalcon, as always!

Last edited:

R-D

Dec 19, 2010
I love the progress on CM9. It seems that everyday, there's something new that has been fixed.

Any plans to change the bootanimation to a Cyanogen9mod theme ? I saw one that looks really nice.

Great work fjfalcon, as always!

You can change your own bootanimation, lets leave theming and tweaks until after functionality is established. :)

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
The better boot animation is this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-5Av_EVpyI

But does XT720 is able to run it ?

That's the one I was talking about but, it had only the last part of the animation, and not the fast part at the beginning.
This one from your link looks even better.
Thanks for sharing.

But I agree that the bootanimation is not a priority right now. There are major things to fix first.

Last edited:

tvktmgm

Dec 23, 2009
Hi fjfalcon

CM9 new Version ngày 15/03 fix loi gì vay minh thay cm9 chay ok nhung Camera thi ko chup dc luc dc luc co khi treo may..Thanks

tvktmgm

Dec 23, 2009
Help CM9

CM9 new Version 15/03 What is wrong with intelligent fix instead cm9 vegetarian ok cameras capture test power is not available at the hanging garments .. Thanks

Reactions: c_urbanek

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
CM9 Bootanimation

Here's a good link to see how the CM9 bootanimation would look on our phone, plus the many different resolution versions:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1511501

Like I said before, it's not a priority but it looks so good. I feel like my phone would seem faster, if it can run it of course! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Links:
    build time: 16:55 16.07.2012
    Google apps

Description:
    This is build of cyanogenmod 9(ics) for milestone xt720.

What works and have been tested:
    Install
    Touchscreen.
    Phone
    Gallery
    SMS
    Gps
    Camera
    CamCorder
    HWA
    How to install:

There is no specific instructions, like any other mod.
    Root->Openrecovery->Install update-> 3 wipes -> install gapps.

Other Phones bootfix:
    lwxddlqkillapp's motoroi bootfix
    telnet777's xt711 bootfix

Biggest thanks go to Quarx, if not him - i won't do this.
    Also i wish to say big thanks to
    #milestone-modding@freenode
    #cyanogenmod-dev@freenode
    #motomagic@freenode
    People from this channels really very good devs. Thank you.
    Of cource thanks to CyanogenMod Developers team.
    Thanks to CyanogenDefy team(Epsylon3, maniac103, Quarx2k)
    Thanks to nadlabak.
    Thanks to our porting guys: j.y.daddy, lwxddg.
    Thanks to xvilka, Skrilax_CZ.
    Thanks to CyanogenModXT720 team: Mioze7ae, peshovec.
    Thanks to droid-developers.
    Thanks to telnet777 and lwxddlqkillapp
    And mchlbenner, thanks to you too ;)

Good luck
    ~_~ i'am also here.. and i wish to make new build.. )
    fjfalcon created branch jellybean at CyanogenModXT720/android_device_motorola_sholest just now
    :-[
    Ahhh I am really missing the development here, I used to really love trying out all the new progress we used to have every day and all the things going on and now it is all gone :-( Did we lose Mz for good now too? Its very sad but it was destined. I wonder how much I can sell my XT for now?

I'm still here. I'm slowly working on a cleaned up/unified CM7 build, but I'm a little short on spare time at the moment. I've also been trying to get to the bottom of the light sensor problem when running xt720mod.sbf, but nothing to report yet--I seem to obsess over unsexy things that take forever to solve. ;)

Oh, cool! XT720 forums show up on user cp again :)
    More log:
    got ics running )
    Well... at least i see bootanimation )
    Code:
     E/HAL     ( 3240): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]:  3240 could not load needed library 'libaudio.so' for 'audio.primary.omap3.so' (reloc_library[1314]:  3240 cannot locate '_ZN7android14AudioParameter11keyFMLaunchE'...
    So, now i'm going from work to home.