SD card issues

Search This thread

swapniljain

Oct 9, 2005
Brussels
zehave said:
hmm.. well on this guy whom is shipping from HK is selling it at 25 quid including shipping.. .trouble is i want it asap .. Heh... buying from him seems like 20 quid cheaper.. howeber have to wait for about 10 days or so.. . so he sez.. not to mention customs and duties.. ....
i just might shell out 44 quid then...

I think you have not taken into account £13 mandatory insurance....

zehave

Oct 11, 2005
Ouch! :oops:
i DID overlooked that insurance bit.. Bleh...
Real lucky .. thanks mate.. guess its safer paying alittle bit more extra huh? :eek:

zehave

Oct 11, 2005
OUCH!1 :oops:
i overlooked that insurance bit...
guess it's safer paying the little extra ...
atleast it gets here sooner... 8)

zehave

Oct 11, 2005
finally got my 512 gb kingston memory.. ( didn't have the cash for a 1gb one.. .damn phone bills.. . heh.. )
however on the phone only shows 471 mb of user memory on the SD card? :shock:
is this normal??
if is it.. i think i should had waited for a 1gb one.. ¬_¬

DAz999

Aug 13, 2005
South-West
RE: SD Card

I use a zynet 1gb SD card x68 (multi layer)and it only locks in TT 5.1 when I recieve a call, i just pop the SD in and out or turn BT GPS on and off and this fixes it. everything else works fine, video etc.

My friend has a Qtek 2020i and he has a Transcend 1gb 80x (single layer) and his works the same as mine.

I wish 02 and the like would pull their finger out, trying to blame SD cards is a bit rich as they work in plenty of other devices. I reckon it must be a design flaw in Alpine, but of course they wouldn't admit to that!

Charlychar

Oct 7, 2005
Re: RE: SD Card

DAz999 said:
My friend has a Qtek 2020i and he has a Transcend 1gb 80x (single layer) and his works the same as mine.

Your friend's 2020i with a transcend 1Gb 80x has loccks? Please confirm this.

What SD of 1Gb is working well?

Thank you!

DAz999

Aug 13, 2005
South-West
RE: Transcend

I can confirm that his Transcend 1gb single layer does lock when receiving calls on his 2020i in TomTom 5.1, he also has a Bluetooth GPS Unit.

I have tried all the tricks on various forums, no joy, as I said, pop SD or turn GPS Off/On seems the only solution. :cry:

I have also noticed , that if I am running GPSinfo connected to BT338 to set Waas/Egnos. If I try and watch a video (Stored on my SD card) it keeps flicking out of full screen mode (WMedia player 10) and then freezes.

Which is not a problem as I only run GPSinfo for a few seconds, but it does seem to point to an issue between the Alpine SD hardware and the bluetooth hardware, maybe there is a shared componant at fault, which may point to a power issue?

The bad news is if it is an Alpine hardware problem, then there will be no software fix. That is probably why the sellers are fudging the issue, the Alpine has been out long enough for them to have found a software solution, of course they are not going to admit a hardware design flaw!

Charlychar

Oct 7, 2005
I have a sandisk 1 gb. I find freezes when I activate many POIs is it possible? Without POIs no freezes and receiving calls and messages. Also I did a trip of 250km with pois activated and charging all the time. It worked much better.
May be this two things are the same for you?.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hmm.. well on this guy whom is shipping from HK is selling it at 25 quid including shipping.. .trouble is i want it asap .. Heh... buying from him seems like 20 quid cheaper.. howeber have to wait for about 10 days or so.. . so he sez.. not to mention customs and duties.. ....
    i just might shell out 44 quid then...