[GUIDE][NEW] Gettig fastboot to work on any windows and any USB Port
This is a guide on how to get fastboot to work on any windows and any USB Port such as USB 3.0.
I have an ASUS N550JV that is running windows 8 64bit and only has USB 3.0 ports and I have successfully used fastboot on it.
I don't take any responsiblities for bricking your Phone/PC/Notebook although it has no risks at all. SO do as the instructions below and get yours to work too.
Here are the steps to do it:
1. Installing HTC Drivers on your windows:
* 1. a) If you are on windows 8 follow the instructions here
. You can also download the drivers for windows 8 from the Attachments or Dev-Host
* 1. b) If you are on windows 7 or XP just download this .exe file from the Attachments or Dev-Host
and run it.
* 1. c) Restart your PC/Notebook
2. Relating to your USB port choose one below
* 2. a) If you have USB 2.0 ports on your PC/Notebook go to fastboot in your phone and plug it to your PC/Notebook. If "Fastboot USB" is shown on your phone's display without pressing any key, then you don't need to follow the steps below.
* 2. b) If you only have USB 3.0 port on your PC/Notebook follow the steps below.
* 2. c) If you want to use USB 3.0 on windows 7 follow the steps below
3. Restart your PC and go to boot options.(Mine is by pressing the F2 key repeatedly before showing windows boot animation)
4. Go to Advanced> USB Configuration> XHCI
and disable it. If you can't find it ask from your manufacturer about how to do it.
5. Restart your PC and enjoy
for the HTC Drivers on win 8.
Me (Taher Di)
for searching alot and combining two guides.
If it worked for you just press the Thanks button.
HTC One X 32G
Rom : ViperX 4.0.4
HTC-DEV Unlocked bootloader.
HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Rom : ViperS JB 3.1.2
HTC-DEV Unlocked bootloader & S-off.
Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman
Rom : Stock
Kernel : Can't flash kernel ( Fastboot Disabled .If anyone can help pls PM )