SD card damage, from 2gb --> 500mb.. does anyone know how to fix it? ive used AParted

Search This thread

kaiserlourdes

Feb 14, 2014
Quezon City
SD card damage, from 2gb --> 500mb.. does anyone know how to fix it? ive used AParted

SD card damage, from 2gb --> 500mb.. does anyone know how to fix it? ive used AParted in partitioning.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
download minitool partition wizard for windows

use it to delete any partitions on your sd card
create a new partition of fat32
then once it created and you want to use it in your phone just reformat it on your phone from your phone settings/storage (need to press unmount sd card first)

if your sd card is still in working order it will work

note doing this will delete any data you have on your sd card

Reactions: kaiserlourdes

kaiserlourdes

Feb 14, 2014
Quezon City

then once it created and you want to use it in your phone just reformat it on your phone from your phone settings/storage (need to press unmount sd card first)

If you have card reader more better

Use minitool and delete the partion

thanks for replying.. i deleted it.. and reformat and back to 2gb again..

i partition again, 1490mb->fat32, 512mb->ext2

im using link2sd..

im wondering how can i install a 100mb app, when my internal memory is 29mb free..

it says not enuf free space..

shyamSGY

Mar 16, 2014
thanks for replying.. i deleted it.. and reformat and back to 2gb again..

i partition again, 1490mb->fat32, 512mb->ext2

im using link2sd..

im wondering how can i install a 100mb app, when my internal memory is 29mb free..

it says not enuf free space..

You must Link apps to your second partion.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
then ill set to install in external?

i hav galaxy gio too.. both partitioned.. and yes, for games :)

well you can look at the manifest - you will need to resign the app if you change it

also the game must be for armv6 and android 2.3.6 or below unless you are running cm9 then 4.04 or below (but cm9 currently has no audio and I dont know if games run on it) - it wont install at all if the game is for amv7 only

and a game of 100mb is probably hd or armv7 only so even if you do get it installed the chance of it running smoothly on a galxy y 5360 is slim

kaiserlourdes

Feb 14, 2014
Quezon City
well you can look at the manifest - you will need to resign the app if you change it

also the game must be for armv6 and android 2.3.6 or below unless you are running cm9 then 4.04 or below (but cm9 currently has no audio and I dont know if games run on it) - it wont install at all if the game is for amv7 only

and a game of 100mb is probably hd or armv7 only so even if you do get it installed the chance of it running smoothly on a galxy y 5360 is slim

i set automatically install and linked apps to SD card by link2SD...

probably most games, but ill try it on gio not on my galaxy y. :)

thanks! HIT

shyamSGY

Mar 16, 2014
What?? You want to install A 100mb game in SGY?? I am sure you are going to have a bad time..even if you Have cf3d :p

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

i set automatically install and linked apps to SD card by link2SD...

probably most games, but ill try it on gio not on my galaxy y. :)

thanks! HIT
At first it installs in internal memory,then only link2sd links it To second partion,even though you ticked Auto-link.

kaiserlourdes

Feb 14, 2014
Quezon City
What?? You want to install A 100mb game in SGY?? I am sure you are going to have a bad time..even if you Have cf3d :p

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

At first it installs in internal memory,then only link2sd links it To second partion,even though you ticked Auto-link.

going to install it on my SG gio. :)

but i cant coz it still installs in internal memory eventhough i manifest it ti install in external.

in my friends i thinks its SG mini pocket, i saw his internal memory was 2.20GB..

mine was still 178mb.. even i partition 512mb...

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
going to install it on my SG gio. :)

but i cant coz it still installs in internal memory eventhough i manifest it ti install in external.

in my friends i thinks its SG mini pocket, i saw his internal memory was 2.20GB..

mine was still 178mb.. even i partition 512mb...

you mistake physical internel storage with virtual internal storage

just becase you have a 2nd sd card partition of xyz doesnt mean your internal storage increases - it doesnt - it stays exactly the same - this is physical storage - it never changes

what you are doing is creating virtual internal storage on your sd card - apps installed here act like they are on physical internal storage

you still need a large ammount of physical internel storage to install the app before it is moved/linked to virtual storage plus data is still stored on physical storage

kaiserlourdes

Feb 14, 2014
Quezon City
you mistake physical internel storage with virtual internal storage

just becase you have a 2nd sd card partition of xyz doesnt mean your internal storage increases - it doesnt - it stays exactly the same - this is physical storage - it never changes

what you are doing is creating virtual internal storage on your sd card - apps installed here act like they are on physical internal storage

you still need a large ammount of physical internel storage to install the app before it is moved/linked to virtual storage plus data is still stored on physical storage

thanks for that info, now i know that i cant install it.. sad..

but is it possible to increase internal memory? i checked my friends phone again and it really is 2.20GB internal memory

SG mini pocket..

Like what marcussmith said, it is virtual storage. Once he removes the SD card, the internal storage will return to its actual value.

If you REALLY want to increase internal storage legitimately, you will need to break the phone apart and replace the storage devices within. It would be better to buy a new phone than go through all the fuss just to increase physical legit storage and also the cost of buying the new storage might be enough to buy another phone... :p

And also you must find a storage device that fits into the casing of the phone. Wouldn't it be awkward using a phone with the chipsets bulging out of the phone casing?

Sent because I <3 Aerith :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SD card damage, from 2gb --> 500mb.. does anyone know how to fix it? ive used AParted in partitioning.

Use minitool and delete the partion
    i know but it must installed first before linking right?

so how can i install a 100mb app, when my free internal memory is 29mb

you cant if the apps manifest is set to install on internal

what app would be 100mb anyway other than a game that probably wouldnt run on galaxy y anyway
    then ill set to install in external?

i hav galaxy gio too.. both partitioned.. and yes, for games :)

Like what marcussmith said, it is virtual storage. Once he removes the SD card, the internal storage will return to its actual value.

If you REALLY want to increase internal storage legitimately, you will need to break the phone apart and replace the storage devices within. It would be better to buy a new phone than go through all the fuss just to increase physical legit storage and also the cost of buying the new storage might be enough to buy another phone... :p

And also you must find a storage device that fits into the casing of the phone. Wouldn't it be awkward using a phone with the chipsets bulging out of the phone casing?

Sent because I <3 Aerith :D