Make Application storage from 1 GB to 2.5 GB as per your requirement in Micromax A117

Search This thread

kumar87

May 19, 2013
New Delhi
Worried about the application storage in Micromax A117 Magnus (or any MTK6589 with 4GB memory) device. Here is the solution.:D

Steps:-
Note : Please make a backup of installed apps in your apps and contacts, messages you may require to factory reset your phone

Do it on your own risk, Me and nor Xda responsible for any thing happened to your device.

1 extract this file it contains 3 folders
2 first open driver folder and install the vcom drivers (only for xp/vista/7)
3 switched off your phone and take out your batter from it
4.now open sp_flash_tool folder and run Flash_tool.exe
5 click on scatter-loading and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc file from "Micromax a117 ebr files" folder for 2.5 GB and for other storage requirement select form EBR.rar file uploaded below. Just replace ebr1 and ebr2 given in first attachment by the new ebr files in second attachment
6 click on download on sp tool a popup will appear just ignore it and select yes
7 now connect your phone using usb cable
8 sptool will detect your phone and a yellow bar comes at bottom of sptool
9 don't disconnect your phone until a green circle would appear (it just take 5 seconds after phone detected by sptool)
10 after the green circle appear click on x and disconnect your phone and put the battery and restart your phone.

Files Attatched

Hit thanks if you like

Last edited:

kumar87

May 19, 2013
New Delhi

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-37-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-37-48.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-38-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-38-21.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,822
  • Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-38-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-38-33.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,784
Last edited:

shivangtyagi

Sep 26, 2010
DELHI
I have a question.. Will i have to format after flashing this or simply flashing it and restarting will do ?
I have canvas magnus on stock jb.
Ebr 1 is data ? And ebr 2 is internal sdcard ?
Please help.. Noob..

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
I have a question.. Will i have to format after flashing this or simply flashing it and restarting will do ?
I have canvas magnus on stock jb.
Ebr 1 is data ? And ebr 2 is internal sdcard ?
Please help.. Noob..

Yeah same here, do I lose all of my data when I flash all of this? How do I prevent my data from being lost???

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
No yaar. It will not do anything to your data. I have done that.

So what do I click in SP tools once I've opened the scatter file?

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I plug it in, then after a few seconds it makes the "hardware disconnect sound"???

Last edited:

navtab

Mar 29, 2013
Delhi
So what do I click in SP tools once I've opened the scatter file?

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I plug it in, then after a few seconds it makes the "hardware disconnect sound"???

Make sure drivers are installed rightly. It happens sometimes but don't worry. Keep trying. It will be all fine.
Follow all steps mentioned in the post 1.

RSM10

Oct 18, 2015
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Is it safe, I mean if I will use your ebr files will it effect my system.
How much will be the internal memory left to be used(if left)?
And If I wish to install the stock rom using sp tools will it revert back to original settings or not.
Please clarify.

Sent from my Micromax A117 using XDA Forums Pro.

XGZ360

Feb 7, 2015
HELP!

I had increased storage to 2.46GB successfully and for the past week, my storage suddenly dropped to 134MB available with 717MB occupied although it's showing that 2.46GB is the total available memory.

It's like it reverted to its original storage but still showing 2.46GB.
I flashed it again, but still remains the same.
Please help. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

gcmulia

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Kumar87,

I am trying the above procedure given by you. upto point number 5 I did. But I didn't understand the 5th statement.
"click on scatter-loading and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc file from "Micromax a117 ebr files" folder for 2.5 GB and for other storage requirement select form EBR.rar file uploaded below. Just replace ebr1 and ebr2 given in first attachment by the new ebr files in second attachment".
I clicked on scatter-loading and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc file from "Micromax a117 ebr files" folder for 2.5 GB. It worked and a list was displayed. Now what about "other storage requirement"? Where is that?
Please resolve.

Waiting for your reply

Ganesh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Worried about the application storage in Micromax A117 Magnus (or any MTK6589 with 4GB memory) device. Here is the solution.:D

Steps:-
    Note : Please make a backup of installed apps in your apps and contacts, messages you may require to factory reset your phone

Do it on your own risk, Me and nor Xda responsible for any thing happened to your device.

1 extract this file it contains 3 folders
    2 first open driver folder and install the vcom drivers (only for xp/vista/7)
    3 switched off your phone and take out your batter from it
    4.now open sp_flash_tool folder and run Flash_tool.exe
    5 click on scatter-loading and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc file from "Micromax a117 ebr files" folder for 2.5 GB and for other storage requirement select form EBR.rar file uploaded below. Just replace ebr1 and ebr2 given in first attachment by the new ebr files in second attachment
    6 click on download on sp tool a popup will appear just ignore it and select yes
    7 now connect your phone using usb cable
    8 sptool will detect your phone and a yellow bar comes at bottom of sptool
    9 don't disconnect your phone until a green circle would appear (it just take 5 seconds after phone detected by sptool)
    10 after the green circle appear click on x and disconnect your phone and put the battery and restart your phone.

Files Attatched

Hit thanks if you like
    works great, but internal almost vanished..
    Is it possible to have only 1 gb swap or only 500 mb swap???
    is it working??

Why unhappy logo attached to the rom the read:>?
    is it working??

Why unhappy logo attached to the rom the read:>?

Yeah working great
    works great, but internal almost vanished..
    Is it possible to have only 1 gb swap or only 500 mb swap???

yes it's possible if you want i can make it 4 u