[ROM][5/5][4.2.2] - CleanROM 2.3 -★| Aroma | Smooth | Stable | CLEAN! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CJeep

Jan 5, 2011
Scott, thanks. I have to say this is fast and stable. Stock kernel for me so far.

While I really like it, I'm now all about CleanROM, so I do hope you make a more full featured version, as I tend to really like the choices you make.

Bravo sir!

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
Re: [ROM][1/21] - CleanROM Lite Edition 1.0 -★| Clean, Lite, Stable, and Fast! |★-

WOW, WinMo? What device? Those were the good 'ole days! :highfive:

No wait, flip phones were the good ole days, lol :angel:

Touch Pro2... But I've and I'm sure you been around since the palm 700wx, HTC titan, touch pro and touch pro2. I really didn't start flashing ROMs until the touch pro tho.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
YOu can make ROMS without learning the "make" command. This is the stock ROM reverse engineered. Takes less time than AOSP and is the most stable :highfive:

Im sure some one can but I really think that may be a bit excessive. Its a stock based ROM, with minimal Google apps, that has been tweaked and tuned to leverage the true hardware capabilities of the devices. Its very Clean, fast and stable. No themes on the ROM at all. I also added an extended power menu to that allows to reboot and reboot to recovery. No other visual changes except the speed ;)

Learning AOSP is quite simple and actually easier to work with since all of the code is in front of you in raw form, if you ever want to learn the quick way pm me.

situman

Jun 1, 2011
For some reason the AOSP browser doesn't sync correctly so all my bookmarks didnt transfer over. No problem in Chrome, except I hate using Chrome with a passion. Laggy and not intuitive. If you can somehow fix the AOSP browser, it would be great. Otherwise, the rom is flawless and smooth and stable too.

dhd#1

Aug 26, 2011
AW: [ROM][1/21] - CleanROM Lite Edition 1.0 -★| Clean, Lite, Stable, and Fast! |★-

I have no GPS Signal on this great Rom :(

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Furioustylez

Jun 27, 2011
Re: [ROM][1/21] - CleanROM Lite Edition 1.0 -★| Clean, Lite, Stable, and Fast! |★-

I have no GPS Signal on this great Rom :(

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk 2

Download GPS test from the market to see if that works, if not you're going to have to probably have to reflash. Ive been using this rom since it's been out and GPS has always been working on this rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012

Just flashed this today. Very smooth and fast. Using ktmanta kernel. No problems!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Scott, thanks. I have to say this is fast and stable. Stock kernel for me so far.

While I really like it, I'm now all about CleanROM, so I do hope you make a more full featured version, as I tend to really like the choices you make.

Bravo sir!

Indeed I will! This is a "get my feet wet" ROM like any new device I start off 1.0 with a lite offering... Then by version 2.0 it has progressed to a full fledged aroma offering...

Touch Pro2... But I've and I'm sure you been around since the palm 700wx, HTC titan, touch pro and touch pro2. I really didn't start flashing ROMs until the touch pro tho.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TP2! TP was a good phone. I started out with the Apache, device right before Titan. Made my first Public ROM for the Titan using DCD's kitchen... And from there... The rest is ROM history, lol.

Learning AOSP is quite simple and actually easier to work with since all of the code is in front of you in raw form, if you ever want to learn the quick way pm me.
If you know a quick way to set up a repo then hell yeah!I have always been tempted to give it a whirl but never got past doing kernels.

I'll send you a PM Jak.

For some reason the AOSP browser doesn't sync correctly so all my bookmarks didnt transfer over. No problem in Chrome, except I hate using Chrome with a passion. Laggy and not intuitive. If you can somehow fix the AOSP browser, it would be great. Otherwise, the rom is flawless and smooth and stable too.
Interesting... I will take a look when I get home.

Just flashed this today. Very smooth and fast. Using ktmanta kernel. No problems!

Very good then!

Whats everyones fav kernel so far? I havent even had the time to test those yet.

-Scott

dust.

Jul 18, 2011
It's between KTManta or Franco's kernel. I'm running Franco's right now and it's great though I have been getting a lot of random reboots lately... don't know if that's a kernel issue, ROM issue, or just an issue with 4.2. Haven't tried the newest release(s) of KTManta so I don't know how much it has improved. :good:

Scott

It's between KTManta or Franco's kernel. I'm running Franco's right now and it's great though I have been getting a lot of random reboots lately... don't know if that's a kernel issue, ROM issue, or just an issue with 4.2. Haven't tried the newest release(s) of KTManta so I don't know how much it has improved. :good:

Havent had one reboot on this ROM and I had ran it a week before release. Stock Kernel though...

Are you over clocking at all?

Last edited:

duarian

Jul 19, 2012

Been running Franco's kernel since R1 and never had any random reboot. Don't think I did on a stock kernel either so maybe I'm just lucky!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

CJeep

Jan 5, 2011
I to lost my GPS. Don't use it much, so I did not notice. Maybe I'll try a clean install again.

dust.

Jul 18, 2011

Havent had one reboot on this ROM and I had ran it a week before release. Stock Kernel though...

Are you over clocking at all?

No I am not. I am thinking that it may be app related too? Not sure since every time I start loading multiple apps it seems to bug out and reboot.

Scott

Been running Franco's kernel since R1 and never had any random reboot. Don't think I did on a stock kernel either so maybe I'm just lucky!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

I dont think its luck, it shouldnt be happening. Only one report doesnt make it a ROM bug. We need to look into this more...

I to lost my GPS. Don't use it much, so I did not notice. Maybe I'll try a clean install again.

Yeah, I just noticed its not working too! WTH!?!?!

No I am not. I am thinking that it may be app related too? Not sure since every time I start loading multiple apps it seems to bug out and reboot.

Could be! Very possible...

Gonna go look at this GPS stuff... This has me concerned...

Scott

Downloading now will be back shortly after flash

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Good to go Scott. GPS fixed.

Thanks Steve

I missed a symlink in the updater script for the GPS files... Whoooops!

I will post a new ROM and this patch for those that dont want to download the entire ROM again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CR-1-N10.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience with the ability to choose the features and functions they want, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest Google Stock ROM, Jellybean 4.2.2 Base, and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM is Fast, Lite, Clean, and STABLE!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • Support for Newbs and Verterns alike is given at www.scottsroms.com regardless of post count!

features.png

• Aroma Installer with choice of the following options:
      • Launcher: Stock, Nova, Apex
      • Google Apps: Play Store, Gmail, Search, Wallet, YouTube, Talk, Music, Maps, Street View for Maps, Play Movies and TV, Google+, Movie Studio, Google Ears Widget
      • Misc Apps: Adobe Flash, ES File Explorer, Ad Blocking Host File, DropBox, Android Terminal Emulator, QuickOffice Viewer
    • Unsecure boot image with init.d support!
    • Extended Power Menu!
    • AOSP Browser!
    • Performance and Stability that is nothing short of Legendary!
    • Do not install Gapps, just install what you want from the Google Play Store!

changes.png

Version 2.3 - 5/5/2013
    • Note: This is just a general app refresh. No major changes.
    • Updated: All apps
    • Changed: Made Google Ears Selectable during install
    • Corrected: An error in build.prop

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
    • If on a ROM other than CleanROM then I highly recommend a factory reset in recovery!
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Pick Options
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

thanks.png

• All people who support my work!
    • The entire Admin Team at Scott's ROMS!

(Tapatalk / XDA App Users use your web browser to see the links or Download from PC!!!!
    I don't recommend downloading from a mobile device!)

MD5.png

C324D0853D30E5A72FAB16E32ECCEE68

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    CleanROM 2.2.5+ (Android 4.2.2) Addons

Tablet UI for CleanROM 2.2.5+ (Android 4.2.2)

nexus10tablet.jpg

SlimBar for CleanROM 2.2.5+ (Android 4.2.2)

The default size: :(
    Lx3sWQM.jpg

And the slimmed down version: :)
    tUvQldS.jpg

The MODs I've created come in two sizes: Silm (40dpi) & Extra Slim (34dpi) These MODs work for both Standard UI & TabletUI :highfive:

Instructions: Flash via Recovery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well guys, I have opted to discontinue development on this device.

Thanks for everyone who gave feedback, made mods, etc.

I consider this ROM community goods and if you would like to continue to use it as a base for your own ROM then by all means feel free to.

I just ask that you give appropriate credit.

Thank you!

-Scott
    CleanROM 2.3 is Out!
    CR-1-N10.png

changes.png

Version 2.3 - 5/5/2013
    • Note: This is just a general app refresh. No major changes.
    • Updated: All apps
    • Changed: Made Google Ears Selectable during install
    • Corrected: An error in build.prop

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected! :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

This is just a general app refresh. Minor edits. No huge changes!

Enjoy!

-Scott
    Add On's / Patches

• Tablet Mode UI Patch by brGabriel can be found HERE!