Adobe flash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the new version http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.37/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    Neither the stock browser nor Chrome works with flash, but there are a handful of browsers that do. Personally I use Firefox when I have to do something with flash, but I use Chrome for everything else.

Tip: make sure to enable plugins in the settings of whichever browser you decide to use.

As far as the new version - I don't know anything about it. I'll have to check that out.

stock browser works fine with flash
    I use stock browser when wanting to use flash content. Flash works flawlessly.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    What's the state of adobe flash support on this device?

Theres supposedly a new version of adobe flash player, including for android, including for "Androud 4 and above"
    http://arstechnica.com/security/201...-update-for-attacks-on-windows-mac-users/#p3n

I definitely installed an apk named adobe flash installer ics only days ago after flashing stock rooted MA5, and there is a flash player settings icon in my app drawer, although it just goes to a web page not to a local app, and adobe flash does not appear anywhere in market, not even in "my apps". And when I go to the link "To see what version of Flash your computer is running.", it says "You have version 11,1,115,36 installed."

It shows in Titanium backup too as 11.1.115.36 installed.

Yet when I go to the download page:
    http://www.adobe.com/m/flashplayer/android.html
    It just says sorry you need flash installed.

According to some of the comments on that Ars article the version numbers are questionable so maybe I somehow already have the latest version or maybe the article got the numbers wrong.

But basically, what is the state of flash on this device? Is it just that the stock browser doesn't support it even if it's installed? Does Chrome or some other browser work?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
    i wouldn't care about this subject at all, except the NHL websites all use f*cking flash for the highlight/fight vids. annoying. ;)

/rant

install NHL GameCenter and FakeGPS. it's a winning combo. I suggest being one with the Chinese.

I assume you should be fine with that using a US NHL subscription. I have an international one

Here is the setup working. I'm just doing the HDMI out to my HDTV

---------- Post added at 05:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

There is a nice thread in the Intneral GN2 on this topic, and the guy posts a direct link for the APK from Adobe.

As the other guy, you need to use a Flash friendly browser. I'm use Boat, since it's a light browser and works. The other two that would work, that I know of are Firefox (mentioned earlier) and Dolphin. If you can get it to work, I found Dolphin, on my Evo4G, worked best with Flash. Firefox worked, but was really so to load. Boat works fine, but I haven't thoroughly tested it.

Overall, I find Flash experience and performance to be site dependent Some sites, works like a charm. Others, well..., they're less than desirable with odd issues that came up such as no picture if you go full screen.