[ODIN][Radio] I545VRUAME7

Search This thread

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
Yeah I want both too. I'm just stock rooted also so I think should work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It should work on tw roms using the new base. Not sure about roms based on the older base.

As I said earlier. If you want to tinker PM me for the link.

I'm not posting it here because I don't want to deal with the fallout and multitude of people complaining that it doesn't work right with XYZ rom and asking how to revert. I had it up for half an hour before and it generated ~40 PMs

Last edited:
Reactions: shawnten

blue79

Jun 24, 2009
It should work on tw roms using the new base. Not sure about roms based on the older base.

As I said earlier. If you want to tinker PM me for the link.

I'm not posting it here because I don't want to deal with the fallout and multitude of people complaining that it doesn't work right with XYZ rom and asking how to revert. I had it up for half an hour before and it generated ~40 PMs

I thought this too would work, but I tried flashing both the modem and the NON-HLOS.bin. Then I flashed I545VRUAME7. Wifi worked but I had no audio...

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

noobnl: i need a test build with me7 modem and hlos img
[10:45am] noobnl: test and confirm the modem breaks your call audio in cm
[10:45am] noobnl: then install my experimental

http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.com/job/...20130718-EXPERIMENTAL-jfltevzw-hdvoicefix.zip

I tried the test build on the new me7 modem and hlos.img. No Audio and the phone kept crashing...

sdsurferbob

Jul 28, 2008
Portland, OR
To revert to MDK, do we need to flash the whole revert file as an MD5? Or can I extract the modem file and just flash it, same as I did the ME7?

My thought being if I didn't flash any updated HLOS to update, do I have to flash it as part of the revert file?

EDIT: arcanexvi answered this for me in IRC, which was yes. I flashed only the modem.bin of the MDK revert package this morning and everything went perfectly

Last edited:

nicholi2789

Mar 19, 2013
Newport
So I thought I would give this a try last night. I flashed the modem.bin. I can confirm that it does indeed maintain a more stable 4G signal. Though it seems to sacrifice signal strength to keep you in 4G. In places where my 4G signal would be about -85 dbm it's now about 110. But I get it in places that I didn't previously get it. Like my back porch was always 3G only, but now I get 2 bars of 4G consistently. It very rarely drops to 3G anymore.
On another note though I am getting noticeable battery drain. I was getting killer battery life with Beans build 5 and it's stock kernel. But now I'm dropping battery like nobody's business. It seems it's using more juice to maintain that 4G signal instead of dropping to 3G again. I think I will flash the revert.

bik2101

Feb 14, 2011
So I thought I would give this a try last night. I flashed the modem.bin. I can confirm that it does indeed maintain a more stable 4G signal. Though it seems to sacrifice signal strength to keep you in 4G. In places where my 4G signal would be about -85 dbm it's now about 110. But I get it in places that I didn't previously get it. Like my back porch was always 3G only, but now I get 2 bars of 4G consistently. It very rarely drops to 3G anymore.
On another note though I am getting noticeable battery drain. I was getting killer battery life with Beans build 5 and it's stock kernel. But now I'm dropping battery like nobody's business. It seems it's using more juice to maintain that 4G signal instead of dropping to 3G again. I think I will flash the revert.

I can confrim this also about battery drain at least. All was fixed with reverting back to previous radio

krazykevin76

Apr 3, 2009
Could you use something like juice defender to turn the radio off when you are not using the phone. would this help the battery drain issue? The better 4G coverage sounds nice at the sacrifice of a little speed but I don't know if I would like the battery drain

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
All a matter of circumstance. I dig the more solid 4g. I haven't noticed any drops in speed. And I never even come close to draining the battery. I have a wireless charger at my desk at work. A lot of times I leave for home with a 100% charge, lol. And I have a 12000 mAh power bank for travel. Never understood why people don't charge at work then ***** about battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

krazykevin76

Apr 3, 2009
All a matter of circumstance. I dig the more solid 4g. I haven't noticed any drops in speed. And I never even come close to draining the battery. I have a wireless charger at my desk at work. A lot of times I leave for home with a 100% charge, lol. And I have a 12000 mAh power bank for travel. Never understood why people don't charge at work then ***** about battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

Well, some of us can't charge at work for one, and two, I'm not at work 24/7 or near a charger hardly every. Might as well have a land line if you gonna always be by a charger. Battery life means more to some than you. And if my battery life sucks, I'll *****.

manofcolombia

Jun 19, 2013
Virginia Beach
My battery life is fine... Granted I'm on chronic kernel but still oc to 2.1 and getting 16 hours with 5 hours on screen time

Mr. Barlow

Aug 18, 2010
After reverting to the DK version, I'm not getting any Wifi, the wifi settings is stuck on "Turning Wifi on..." Can anyone help me out?

arcanexvi

Aug 22, 2010
Hoffman Estates, IL
After reverting to the DK version, I'm not getting any Wifi, the wifi settings is stuck on "Turning Wifi on..." Can anyone help me out?

I am stuck with the same issue but this after flashing Beans ME7 OTA pre rooted.

Doesn't have to do with the radio. The hlos file handles wifi which I'm sure you haven't flashed otherwise you wouldn't have audio.

Mr. Barlow

Aug 18, 2010
I am stuck with the same issue but this after flashing Beans ME7 OTA pre rooted.

Full wipe and re-flash your ROM, it fixed it for me.

Doesn't have to do with the radio. The hlos file handles wifi which I'm sure you haven't flashed otherwise you wouldn't have audio.

Not entirely sure what the problem was, I only flashed the modem and on the next boot, wifi didn't work, downgraded and did a full wipe and that did the trick.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usual warnings: I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone blah blah blah

I yanked the radio out and flashed it via ODIN from the update that's been floating around for those that want to play with it. Flashed it on mine and doesn't seem to have caused any issues (at least on CM). After a day's worth of testing I am noticing that I do get better reception in areas that are trouble areas for me normally.

Note: CM didn't like the new DSP in the NON-HLOS.bin and gave me no audio. I reverted back to just using the new modem.bin file for now and the revert file here can be used if needed. This will restore you to the old HLOS and modem. Just flash the modem.bin below by itself without the HLOS file if you just want the radio updates.I have removed the HLOS file and instructions for the time being until developers update ROMs to be compatible. Using the updated modem is fine by itself.

- Download File

- Flash modem.bin in ODIN under PHONE and wait for PASS! (ODIN did seem to hang for a moment while the phone processed. Don't panic)

- Reboot (if you didn't have it set to do so in ODIN)

- Profit?

Post your results/findings to help other users :)

Note: If your phone has rebooted and hasn't cleared "reset" into "pass" in ODIN it's not the end of the world. As long as it was successful flashing (lower left corner of ODIN) and is currently booted into android after reboot, you're fine.

Updated Radio: http://www.mediafire.com/?jm2d34gb88jx32m
    Revert File: http://www.mediafire.com/?242ruwpbqtcssd0

MD5 of updated Radio: 168FB171A19362678B73409C90F0DD61
    MD5 of Revert package: 7232DCCB4C00A940B24B8FB1163D7FF0
    So I am on MDK still...is it a bad idea to try this radio out if I am not on ME7? I am on Hyperdrive

No, you can try out the two and decide which one is better
    here are flashable.zip files you can flash in recovery, much easier IMO

MDK

ME7

(modem = radio)

credit to hlxanthus for the files.
    Can someone do Flashable zip with radio,I want try to flaf it on sprints4, via odin it chek cheksums.

These are in order of release. The second of course is the version of the modem from the OP. For people who don't like the new radio, just flash the MDK version. This is ONLY the modem.bin for each. I have tested both as working.

These are loaded through Goo.IM so if you download them directly to your phone and the GooManager app it verifies MD5 automatically. Either download within GooManager and my name, or from the below links and choose GooManager as the download option when prompted.

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_MDK.zip [MD5=167fcdd5bd57e4dc78946a63c8c69d46]

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_ME7.zip [MD5=02147307d65ea815fa9ba8d800d7aac9 ]
    I am willing to give this a shot since you mentioned it helped with your signal in your apt. In my case my location is kinda problematic because of how close it is to Verizon's home network, but I am physically located within the extended network. So in my apartment my signal fluctuates quite a bit, and more so depending on which room I am in (my living room must be close enough to get the home network, but my bedroom is just outside of it's reach).

**Just got done and here's the results - I was able to flash the modem.bin you posted on my stock rooted phone and right off the bat things seem to be better signal wise. After rebooting the phone there were no issues that I can see or find, everything seems to be functioning correctly. Phone calls seem to sound a little better (I have no idea if it's a fluke because of the hour or the new radio), and data hasn't been impacted at all.

I also noticed a small improvement in the signal strength readings, but I will keep monitoring it to make sure it's not a random fluke.
    No, you can try out the two and decide which one is better
    here are flashable.zip files you can flash in recovery, much easier IMO

MDK

ME7

(modem = radio)

credit to hlxanthus for the files.
    Worked great! Flashed ME 7 radio last night without Odin!

You should add this option to the OP! :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2