HELP Boots into recovery, can't install new ROM

Search This thread

remmystar

Aug 6, 2013
Charlotte
So, I tried flashing the 4.4 Beanstalk ROM that's on LGOGP Original Development forum from my external sd card, but CWM aborted the installation. It read:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E: Can't open /external_sd/Beanstalk-4.4.205-20131231-e980.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

When I rebooted my phone, the screen showed the LG screen a couple times and then just booted back into recovery.
I wiped data, cache, and dalvik.
I've tried installing other ROMs, but with no luck.
I can't boot my phone into anything but the recovery.

Thanks

buff31

Apr 28, 2011
Boston
fix soft brick

I assume you did not make an android backup.... If not, you will probably have to go back to stock rom. The best method is to use Madmacks' Fix Soft brick here in Q and A on page 3.

roshandes

Nov 7, 2012
mumbai
this is a common error... do one thing friend.. download TWRP & flash it over CWM.. then reboot recovery.. you will get new working recovery..

Note : in the current situation Please don't flash other versions of CWM over CWM.. first flash TWRP & then if you require flash back to CWM

If you require : http://d-h.st/HNa Link credits: @ballshanglow

Last edited:
Reactions: remmystar

remmystar

Aug 6, 2013
Charlotte
this is a common error... do one thing friend.. download TWRP & flash it over CWM.. then reboot recovery.. you will get new working recovery..

Note : in the current situation Please don't flash other versions of CWM over CWM.. first flash TWRP & then if you require flash back to CWM

I flashed TWRP over CWM and everything went smoothly, rebooted my phone and ended up in TWRP. When I tried flashing a ROM, it said that it couldn't open the .zip file.

Any ideas?

Edit: My phone no loner boots. All I get is the LG screen.

Last edited:

roshandes

Nov 7, 2012
mumbai
I flashed TWRP over CWM and everything went smoothly, rebooted my phone and ended up in TWRP. When I tried flashing a ROM, it said that it couldn't open the .zip file.

Any ideas?

Edit: My phone no loner boots. All I get is the LG screen.

hi, that means your problem has been resolved.. try to flash any different zip file

remmystar

Aug 6, 2013
Charlotte
hi, that means your problem has been resolved.. try to flash any different zip file

Well now I can't boot into anything, all I get is the LG screen. I'm trying to flash back to stock using LG FlashTool, but I get this:

Step : TYPE_WPARAM_UPGRADE_ERROR
CleanModelDll() : Free Model.dll
_DetachDLL Call
_DetachDLL Call End
Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
¿©±â´Â Retry ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

I have no idea what's causing this

roshandes

Nov 7, 2012
mumbai
Volume Up + Power Button.. because i too faced the same problem at a time but mine was resolved after doing the same step..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.