4.2 Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

abowlofsoda

Oct 11, 2010
I have been having lag issues since upgrading to 4.2

I been lurking around the post looking for answers but nothing I've tried has worked so far. There is lag everywhere- from the lockscreen to opening an app to closing an app to pauses and freezing in browsers (i use 4 diff browsers with no real preference), and tonight I was frustrated enough with the slowing buffering in the YouTube app that I'm now posting this.

If I don't fix this soon I'm just going to sell it. I put up with lag on my Samsung Fascinate for 2 years and I thought those days were behind me. Ugly lockscreens I can live with- lag I CANNOT.

I tried rebooting after update. I even shut down and let it sit awhile an hour later.
I tried clearing the cache from the new option in Settings
I tried some app from the market that adds blank files and delete them (cant remember what its called right now) EDIT: Its called Forever Gone and its in the Google Play store.

I don't have time to read thru tons of postings to find the answers- so hopefully I can get consolidated answers in this post.

I've never rooted or ROM'd this device. Its been flawless since the day I bought it until the update. I am not looking for people to chime in saying theirs works great. I just want helping on getting this device back to buttery smooth please.

EDIT: Thanks to idevice12345 post, I found that my lag problem stemmed from Google Current's sync feature. Turning that off in Google Current's settings and rebooting has fixed 99% of my lag. Hopefully that helps others-- getting help around these forums is a nightmare. Self appointed knuckleheads trying to derail our information highway.

Last edited:

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com
Holy hell NO ONE CARES!!!
STOP HITTING THE NEW THREAD BUTTON OVER YOU NOT LIKING 4.2!!!
ITS SO DAMN ANNOYING.
For god sakes I've seen like 5 of these threads pop up today.
There is this new thing, its called google. Use it.
http://bit.ly/RNlVWH
Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but you obviously didn't look at the thousand other useless threads about this same damn thing.

I don't have time to read thru tons of postings to find the answers- so hopefully I can get consolidated answers in this post.
My god.

Last edited:

abowlofsoda

Oct 11, 2010
ITS SO DAMN ANNOYING.
Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but you obviously didn't look at the thousand other useless threads about this same damn thing.

My god.

I like 4.2 I just don't like the lag. I looked thru the threads for a couple days now. Just haven't dug deep as it takes alot of time. I can google too. Your the one whos damn annoying right now- I'm just looking for help, not complaining. Look at my post, it even says I need help. Thanks for the worthless post tho.

p.s. I clicked your link. I'm not trying to downgrade- I'm trying to fix the lag. Can you google that one for me? I'm too lazy.

Reactions: PromaneX

veeman

Apr 7, 2012
Minnesota
Hey mate, this isn't a "Post your question and we'll spoon feed you answers" forum. Saying that you don't have time to look for answers won't cut it.

As for lag, try to do a clean install.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Reactions: abowlofsoda

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com
I like 4.2 I just don't like the lag. I looked thru the threads for a couple days now. Just haven't dug deep as it takes alot of time. I can google too. Your the one whos damn annoying right now- I'm just looking for help, not complaining. Look at my post, it even says I need help. Thanks for the worthless post tho.

p.s. I clicked your link. I'm not trying to downgrade- I'm trying to fix the lag. Can you google that one for me? I'm too lazy.

This is XDA Developers, not XDA Lets create a new thread because I'm to lazy to look around for an answer.
I'm not going to spoon feed you. There are plenty of threads and posts out there that can be plenty of help. You just got to get off your ass and find them.
Here is your help.
Go.
Look.
For.
The.
Damn.
Answer.

Reactions: abowlofsoda

abowlofsoda

Oct 11, 2010
What are you guys the forum police?

I been around XDA a long time for a few of my devices. I came here for help. I don't know why I have to preface that with a bunch of stipulations (I did a couple, I HAVE looked for answers and listed what I tried for 2 days now). I don't have hours and hours to dig for weeks thru tons of postings. Like I said, I LOOKED for 2 days now.

I am genuinely asking for HELP. I don't want to downgrade- I want real post about what to try. I'm sorry that it is offending people. Your frustratred with my post and I'm frustrated just asking for help.

You guys are so uptight. Just want to hear from people with similar experience and workarounds or whatever it takes. I'm contemplating a factory restore but I have everything so dialed in the way I like it that i'm saving that as a last resort.

Reactions: PMOttawa

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com
Go to Google currents and go to settings. Now click disable background apps then reboot. Viola

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-trolling-or-trolling-62772e.jpg

veeman

Apr 7, 2012
Minnesota

I been around XDA a long time for a few of my devices. I came here for help. I don't know why I have to preface that with a bunch of stipulations (I did a couple, I HAVE looked for answers and listed what I tried for 2 days now). I don't have hours and hours to dig for weeks thru tons of postings. Like I said, I LOOKED for 2 days now.

I am genuinely asking for HELP. I don't want to downgrade- I want real post about what to try. I'm sorry that it is offending people. Your frustratred with my post and I'm frustrated just asking for help.

You guys are so uptight. Just want to hear from people with similar experience and workarounds or whatever it takes. I'm contemplating a factory restore but I have everything so dialed in the way I like it that i'm saving that as a last resort.

Do you know what backing up **** is? Use titanium backup to backup everything.

Sent from my Nexus 7

idevice12345

Apr 15, 2012
I just watched a video of a guy doing that and his nexus was buttery smooth

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com

Okay, since your pretty much begging at this point, try this, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kovit.p.forevergone&hl=en. If that doesn't help download stock 4.2 and backup your apps and re flash 4.2 and re install your apps one by one to see if one of them is causing the lag.

abowlofsoda

Oct 11, 2010

I saw that after my post and im at the rebooting part. But thanks. You really need to find a different hobby because you look like the troll to me. I posted this to the General forum and as far as I'm concerned its the appropriate place to look for help.

I am baffled that I am getting blasted for this. I re-read my first post again and besides sounding a little snotty because I wanted to get straight to the point (which I did), I don't see where anyone could think it was a hate on 4.2 thread.

Again, am asking for help. Thanks.

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com
I just watched a video of a guy doing that and his nexus was buttery smooth

I can guarantee, background sync is not causing his lag.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

I saw that after my post and im at the rebooting part. But thanks. You really need to find a different hobby because you look like the troll to me. I posted this to the General forum and as far as I'm concerned its the appropriate place to look for help.

I am baffled that I am getting blasted for this. I re-read my first post again and besides sounding a little snotty because I wanted to get straight to the point (which I did), I don't see where anyone could think it was a hate on 4.2 thread.

Again, am asking for help. Thanks.

You should look at my post again. I was replying to someone with that picture.

abowlofsoda

Oct 11, 2010
Do you know what backing up **** is? Use titanium backup to backup everything.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Ya I know titanium backup and I use it but it doesn't do it all. Look I'm not new here or some idiot. I don't know why your trying so hard to jump my ****.
Do you just hang around blasting everyone you can to get your post count up?

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com
Ya I know titanium backup and I use it but it doesn't do it all. Look I'm not new here or some idiot. I don't know why your trying so hard to jump my ****.
Do you just hang around blasting everyone you can to get your post count up?

Seriously do you even want help? I posted something to help you and you haven't even seemed to see it.
BTW, I dont really think your argument works. VM doesn't need to make stupid posts to get his post count up. He has made plenty of legit posts to do that.

abowlofsoda

Oct 11, 2010
Okay, since your pretty much begging at this point, try this, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kovit.p.forevergone&hl=en. If that doesn't help download stock 4.2 and backup your apps and re flash 4.2 and re install your apps one by one to see if one of them is causing the lag.

Thanks. Yeah thats the program (Forever Gone) that I tried, that I mentioned in the first post. Just didn't know the name of it. I guess I could run it a 2nd time and see if that helps? Can't figure why a 2nd time would be nessesary tho- I'll try anything at this point.

abowlofsoda

Oct 11, 2010
Seriously do you even want help? I posted something to help you and you haven't even seemed to see it.
BTW, I dont really think your argument works. VM doesn't need to make stupid posts to get his post count up. He has made plenty of legit posts to do that.

I just hadn't tried the suggestion yet and I was testing from the other guys help. I do want help, but what I got was a couple of forum trolls who think they are Boss around here. At least thats how your coming across. I don't need to kiss anyones ass for answers. Your all I got at the moment and I'm working thru it. Your just refreshing and posting faster then I'm getting to it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ITS SO DAMN ANNOYING.

My god.
    I have been having lag issues since upgrading to 4.2

I been lurking around the post looking for answers but nothing I've tried has worked so far. There is lag everywhere- from the lockscreen to opening an app to closing an app to pauses and freezing in browsers (i use 4 diff browsers with no real preference), and tonight I was frustrated enough with the slowing buffering in the YouTube app that I'm now posting this.

If I don't fix this soon I'm just going to sell it. I put up with lag on my Samsung Fascinate for 2 years and I thought those days were behind me. Ugly lockscreens I can live with- lag I CANNOT.

I tried rebooting after update. I even shut down and let it sit awhile an hour later.
    I tried clearing the cache from the new option in Settings
    I tried some app from the market that adds blank files and delete them (cant remember what its called right now) EDIT: Its called Forever Gone and its in the Google Play store.

I've never rooted or ROM'd this device. Its been flawless since the day I bought it until the update. I am not looking for people to chime in saying theirs works great. I just want helping on getting this device back to buttery smooth please.

EDIT: Thanks to idevice12345 post, I found that my lag problem stemmed from Google Current's sync feature. Turning that off in Google Current's settings and rebooting has fixed 99% of my lag. Hopefully that helps others-- getting help around these forums is a nightmare. Self appointed knuckleheads trying to derail our information highway.
    Dude, you are really trying to start a flame war with the wrong dude.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

He tried to start one with me if you look back. But like I said before I ain't in your guys forum popularity contest. And don't tell me there isn't one because there obviously is. Are you guys admins here at XDA or just self appointed forum police?

I tried to prevent all these needless post in my first posting, when I was ASKING FOR HELP and now my thread is cluttered up full of a bunch of needless back and forth and you guys keep trying to make ME look like the badguy. I wish I could delete your postings and that guy your defendings postings so this thread can help me further and well as help others who have similar problems.

You 2 aren't helping my problem and I've still done nothing wrong but defend myself. I have every right to post here as you. I don't see any heirachy on whos who around here in the rules- it just seems to be all in YOUR head.
    I saw it, I just didn't reply to it. Will not GTFO. Lol. Go away dude.

Dude, you are really trying to start a flame war with the wrong dude.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Ppl are ****n ass holes over here on this thread wtf? Dude am having the same issues with mynes its completely stock boot loader locked got the ota and I absolutely love 4.2 but it lags way more then on 4.1.2 and it gets stuck every now and then

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

R.I.P English language.

Go to Google currents and go to settings. Now click disable background apps then reboot. Viola