Motorola CLIQ on Bluescreen Bootloader USB init... of death......

Search This thread

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
I have a Motorola CLIQ on the blue screen of death that reads BOOTLOADER USB INIT... and that's it.

Is there ANYWAY for me to fix this? re-flash the phone, re-load android OS, something....???? :confused:

Last edited:

adlx.xda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
flash shx firmware

you'll have to flash an shx firmware. look at ModMyMoto - Motorola CLIQ/DEXT - CLIQ & DEXT firmwares Superthread (sticky)

flash this fw w/ rsd lite:

Branding: T-Mobile US
Version: 1.3.18
Bootloader Version: 05.15
Requires RSD Lite 4.5.7.

Maturz

Feb 17, 2010
I have almost the same problem, but mine stays on White Motorola logo.

I wiped my cliq using adb shell wipe all command and now I can't re-flash on RSD Lite because it says "Please wait for all-TCI ready, and try again..."

When executing a adb shell command it returns this error: - exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

running adb devices returns:
List of devices attached
0391255714 device

Is there any way to access its internal storage and reflash?

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
I have tried reflashing the phone several times, it says it completes successfully - but always reboots in to this blue screen with bootloader usb init at the bottom.

any other suggestions?

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
Latest update: (and it's a bad one)

I downloaded tmo-morrison-viper-1.1.31-P3-rootedbythedude.shx file, flashed it using usb drivers 4.20 and rsdlite 4.5.7

It claimed it flashed successfully, but the phone never rebooted... just stayed on the blue screen with the bootloaded usb init on the bottom.

Now, I've tried to re-flash with either that same .shx file and it error's out. Then I thought maybe unrooting it would work so I tried tmo-morrison-viper-1.1.31-P3-supermonster-customer.shx and it error's out.

I originally tried tmo-morrison-viper-1.1.4-20091012-2014-cprintf-appsbl-P3-secure-supermonster-customer.shx, and it worked and flashed BEFORE today and BEFORE tmo-morrison-viper-1.1.31-P3-rootedbythedude.shx

At this point, the only thing that has changed is now whatever I try to flash, fail's immediately. It only power's on when the usb cable is inserted. I goes straight to the bluescreen with bootloader usb init on the bottom in white characters.

I'm pretty much STUMPED at this point.

Here is a screen shot of what RSDLITE shows when this cliq is connected. Anyone got any suggestions?

Last edited:

light24bulbs

Mar 27, 2010
Maturz i am having the EXACT same problem. RSD is saying TCI ****, phone boots to the white moto logo, adb won't work. i have NO idea where to take this. The only menu i've seen that looked promising was the recovery menu which you reach by holding camera during boot. By holding(no stickykeys) ALT and hitting L you can see its menu. The options are to run an update.zip( I can't find a single file it will accept as signed/not fail executing), wipe, or restart. The wipe does not fix this issue. PLEASE tell me if you fix your device, I've got a mirror with a keyboard and its a serious bummer. This problem occurred while flashing a rom. RSD ****ed up. Some claim they can get the charging firmware to mount something ADB can talk to by plugging the phone into the wall and then switching to the computer quickly..but i haven't been able to get this to work.

moxiot

Jun 1, 2008
i had this very same problem and i fixed it through rsd flashing the latest firmware. i lost root in the process but i don't have a brick anymore :)

Cordellnj

Feb 9, 2011
OMG I sumwhat did it!

Turn ur phone off, than at the same time press power, star button & pound button that reboots and start as usual HOWEVER when u turn off the phone it goes back to blue screen! I figured this much maybe now I can reinstall android 2.0 hmmm! Email me cordell@yahoo if u figured it out from there hop'e this help' ;0)

REDKOF

Apr 3, 2009
Turn ur phone off, than at the same time press power, star button & pound button that reboots and start as usual HOWEVER when u turn off the phone it goes back to blue screen! I figured this much maybe now I can reinstall android 2.0 hmmm! Email me cordell@yahoo if u figured it out from there hop'e this help' ;0)

Can you post the solution here?

johnwazhere

Mar 12, 2012
seattle
HELPPPP

Flashed the original firmware with red light and it failed now my phone stays with a black screen but the keys light up :'(

buddie024

Oct 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Bummer!

my phone only turns on when i connect it to the charger and it boots to a Black screen with a blue bar at the bottom that reads "Bootloader USB Init" no motorola logo.
has anyone else ran into this? i had the logo before i flashed "tmo-morrison-viper-1.1.31-P3-supermonster-customer.shx"

Someone help me! this was supposed to be a xmas gift for my sister but now it feels like paper weight. :eek:

GarciaGotti

Feb 13, 2013
Macon
my phone only turns on when i connect it to the charger and it boots to a Black screen with a blue bar at the bottom that reads "Bootloader USB Init" no motorola logo.
has anyone else ran into this? i had the logo before i flashed "tmo-morrison-viper-1.1.31-P3-supermonster-customer.shx"

what exactly happened? why did you have to flash?