Did I ruin my G2 (won't boot, can't reflash)

Search This thread

elitekill

Feb 8, 2014
So today I tried to install Omnirom on my rooted G2. I did all of the usual steps (using CWM) and then rebooted. It got stuck in a boot loop, and I realized I forgot to factory wipe/cache wipe after installing the rom. I went back to recovery and tried to wipe, but it got stuck on Formatting cache. I then noticed that CWM had problems wiping, mounting and accessing /cache. I searched around but found nothing to help me.

I then tried to unroot and return to stock using LG FlashTools and the device's Download Mode but everytime I try to flash the kdz file it fails on 47% with some "Page Error" followed by garbled Unicode characters...

Is there anything I can do?

elitekill

Feb 8, 2014
You are not dead but you have work to do. Go to this thread.
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

Good luck

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply and the link! I, however, don't have access to ubuntu, is there anyways to do this on Windows? Also, I can go to both Recovery and Download modes, if that helps.

super114

Dec 29, 2008
Croydon
Thanks for the reply and the link! I, however, don't have access to ubuntu, is there anyways to do this on Windows? Also, I can go to both Recovery and Download modes, if that helps.

If you still need a ubuntu, use a portable version of Ubuntu or run one from Virtua Machine. It's very difficult to boot one from your flash drive..