[ROM] (Flytouch 2, SuperPad, WWE10) Froyo

Search This thread

stragulus

May 9, 2010
This thread is for the custom Froyo rom for the Flytouch 2. It is a port of the first Flytouch 3/Superpad 2 Froyo rom, adapted to run on the flytouch 2. I will update this post whenever a new version has been released.

This rom will only run on tablets which display a version number in the bottom-right "Infotmic" screen when first turned on.. If yours doesn't display a number there, you will need to flash firmware v2852 first, see below in FLASHING V2852

INSTALLATION

Installation is slightly different from normal releases because it requires flashing in 2 steps. Luckily, it's really easy:

1. Download bootable SD-card image and unzip. Pick an image from the RELEASES section at the end of this post.

2. Write image to an SD-card that's at least 1GB in size using Win32DiskImager:

• Get Win32DiskImager here: https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer
  • In Win32DiskImager: When you open it, there is a button to browse the .img file and after that, at the right of this button there is a selector for the SD-card. Select it, then click write and it's done.
  • When finished, take out the card.

In linux, you just unzip the file and use dd to write it to the sd-card:

Code:
dd if=/path/to/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX # (where sdX is your scsi disk device, check dmesg)

3. Turn off tablet and put sd-card in TOP slot (between the 2 usb ports).

4. Turn on tablet. It will report that it is booting off the sd-card, and that it's flashing kernel + filesystems.

5. Take out the sd-card when the tablet asks you to do so (takes less than a minute). Put it in the OTHER sd-card slot (bottom one), and reboot the tablet by holding down the power for 10 seconds to turn it off, then press it again to turn it on.

6. You will now see the tablet booting with a *GREEN* screen. The screen will flash twice to indicate it's starting. The flashing itself will take longer than in the previous step, a few minutes. If succesful, it will automatically reboot, after which you're done and you're booting the new firmware! You'll see a different boot screen (equalizer on a black background)

7. After it has booted and you have unlocked the screen, reboot the tablet first thing! First boots in android always tend to be behave erratically. This is unrelated to this firmware and applies to all Android setups.

If step 6 fails (which is very unlikely), it will stay on the green screen and it will keep on flashing the screen. In that case, you'll have to turn it off. Most likely problem for this is a corrupt SD-card. See troubleshooting below.

Make sure to never put that sd-card back in the top-slot without erasing it first, as it will reflash your tablet!

TROUBLESHOOTING

• The 'green screen' keeps flashing!
    • The installer will dump a text file on the root of the sd-card which you can inspect. The file is called fail_reason.txt. If no such file exists, things are seriously wrong and the tablet couldn't even properly write to the sd-card. If using another SD-card, or rewriting the SD-card doesn't help, please upload the fail_reason.txt file here.
  • Flashing was succesful, but the system freezes at the android animation!
    • For this firmware to work, you need to have a recent version of u-boot. You can tell if you have this by looking at the INFOTMIC bootscreen you see when you turn on the tablet. If the bottom right corner does not show a version number, then you don't have it.See instructions below.

FLASHING V2852

You need to flash this firmware to install a new version of u-boot. To flash this firmware, you will need to connect your tablet to your PC using an USB A-A cable, OR create a bootable SD-card.

• Download firmware V2852: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3bkklw36b1414nd
  • Download and unpack IUW: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3572bd7zfjo0r0y
  • Start IUW
  • If you use an USB cable: Click 'Link USB' on the left, select 'easy burn' from USB Mode pulldown in the right. Connect tablet to PC with the tablet turned offf, then turn it on by pressing & holding the menu+home buttons, then pressing the power button until it turns on. Release the menu+home buttons after a few seconds. Windows should now detect a new USB device. Install the drivers that are in the iuw1.1/otg_driver directory.
  • If you create a bootable SD-card, Click 'boot disk' on the left instead. Select sd-card to flash on the right
  • Select the IUS file form the v2852 firmware under 'Choose a wrapped image'
  • Click 'burn' to flash the tablet or create the sd-card. If you created an sd-card, boot the tablet with the sd-card in the top-slot, between the 2 USB connections.

TODO
  • How to enable 3G support for USB dongles?

(**) Tested:

• wifi, ethernet port
  • battery status works, g-sensor works
  • touchscreen works, including calibration
  • HD video playback works (I recommend Meridian player)
  • Market works (full), Youtube works
  • angry birds works ( thought I'd mention it ;) )
  • The firmware has already been rooted! You can connect using adb over wifi, and type 'su' to become root. Find your IP address using the Android System Info app.
  • GPS confirmed

VIDEO

Video demonstrating how to flash the tablet after having created the bootable SD-card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kf4-Vbba8#t=3

RELEASES

Last edited:

stragulus

May 9, 2010
Hi everyone.
I just made a personal version of system.tar.gz, and I thought it could be usefull for someone.

Most considerable changes:
  • Calendar and contacts synchronization now working again.
  • Simple stock froyo keyboard, without chinese characters.
  • Replaced youtube with the old working version.
  • Market updated to last version (no paid apps, though.).
  • Default launcher replaced with launcher pro, which is considerably faster.
  • Removed phone and telephony settings (see below)

Other changes:
  • Removed stock browser, replaced with dolphin browser HD.
  • Removed default file explorer, replaced with File expert (first free file explorer with working root that I found).
  • Changed alarm clock.
  • Changed calculator (but has wrong visualization).
  • Changed music player with music mod.
  • Added facebook, maps (+ navigation + latitude +places), chrome to phone, google search, google reader, terminal emulator, Titanium backup, voice search. adobe reader.
  • Maybe I deleted some other stupid flytouch stock apps, but actually I don't remember. :)

Warning, notes etc...:
  • All apps are free apps from market.
  • Phone apps (Phone.apk, TelephonySettings.apk) removed for test, due to suspected battery drain (Someone said so...), so:
    • Phone settings don't work (gives you force close when you tap on mobile settings menu)
    • Don't install if you use 3g adapters, as I think you won't be able to use them.
    • Maybe some future workarounds for paid apps on market won't work.
  • App2sd doesn't work. (Didn't even work before. I think there's some problem in the kernel with device mapper and crypto). I'll try to implement the fake app2sd that uses an ext partition on sd.
  • This is just a personal versionof stargulus' system files with apps I'm used to have on my phone, so maybe it won't fit you. :)

How to install:
  1. First important step: boot in recovery mode (back + home +power until you get in recovery menu), and wipe cache and data. This must be done. It also helps to have stragulus' calibration file installed correctly.
  2. Prepare the sd as described in the first post of this thread using the last Stragulus' sdcard image (v4, See link in this post).
  3. Go to "stage2" directory and replace system.tar.gz and system.tar.gz.md5 with the downloaded ones.
  4. Flash.
  5. The first boot will be quite long, but it's normal.
  6. While using the flytouch for the first time, it will probably lag and hang. Just reboot and it won't happen anymore.

File link: http://www.multiupload.com/Z9CONJVPQO

I hope this will be usefull. Advices are welcome. :)

Cheers! I welcome custom mods of the base rom. I'm willing to add them as alternatives to the first post by linking to the introductory posts. In this case, it looks like parts of it are suitable for integrating into the base froyo rom (e.g. calendar & contact sync fix). What exactly did you do to fix those?

barrr

Aug 18, 2005
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Wonderful, downloading now at 7.8K/sec (why sooooo slow?)

Is Google Sync fixed?

Thanks,

Barak

Later:

Well, if I add Verandi's MOD I get sync but I loose calibration option.
Still, I prefer the MOD with sync.

Thank you guys. Amazing Job !!!

1-5-2011

Please note that verandi has created a V5 mod that adds sync option without eliminating calibration.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13343444&postcount=54

Good luck.

Last edited:

nranger125

Apr 1, 2011
Market will not dowload

Well once again my hats off to you Straguls for a job well done I installed the version 5 rom with no issues however the Android Market still only displays the free apps and will not download and install any of the apps it states download unsuccessful any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:

_barsuk_

Jan 29, 2011
Zaporizhzhya
This rom will only run on tablets which display a version number in the bottom-right "Infotmic" screen when first turned on.

In my case loader version number is missing. But u0 is 0.6.1.2_1.4.587_OV2655 and u-boot from 2852. And all work fine.

Probably condition is flashing firmware 2852 in the tablet instead of only u0?

IMHO.
Because the firmware is full image and contained u-boot and u0. Flashing u0 need only if camera don't work with 2852 from full image. Of course, if the tablet has not been purchased already with firmware 2852 and above. Without this step you will get many reports of "fre-e-e-ezing" or "stop in android on screen" like in the previous thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: stragulus

jp08

Apr 24, 2011
hello
I have stitched from card Froyo V5
The tablet is loaded and asks calibration, but it does not work: (
Was 3245, but it has ceased to be loaded and I have updated on Froyo

I do not know what at me uboot how it to look? Probably to update it with sd?

Last edited:

jp08

Apr 24, 2011
Вообщем поставил Froyo (v5)
после прошивки при первом запуске появляется калибровка экрана, но на нажатия никак не реагирует
поставил назад 3245, на ней все нормально
Возможно ли это из-за загрузчика uboot, как можно посмотреть его версию и возможно ли обновить его с SD, т.к. возможности с ПК нету?

google translate:
In general set Froyo (v5)
after flashing at the first startup, a calibration screen, but clicking does not react
put back 3245, her everything is ok
Is this possible because of the boot uboot, as you can see its version and whether it is possible to update it with SD, because capabilities with a PC no?

stragulus

May 9, 2010
In my case loader version number is missing. But u0 is 0.6.1.2_1.4.587_OV2655 and u-boot from 2852. And all work fine.

IMHO.
Because the firmware is full image and contained u-boot and u0. Flashing u0 need only if camera don't work with 2852 from full image. Of course, if the tablet has not been purchased already with firmware 2852 and above. Without this step you will get many reports of "fre-e-e-ezing" or "stop in android on screen" like in the previous thread.

That could be true indeed! I thought those who fixed their problem only flashed U0, but maybe all of them actually tried to flash all of v2852 with the IUW tool. Upshot here is that it should be possible to flash the entire firmware using a bootable SD-card, e.g. not requiring an USB cable.

Can anyone confirm that creating the bootable SD-card for FW2852 using IUW as described in the first post fixed their install of the froyo setup?

Last edited:

jp08

Apr 24, 2011
If you create a bootable SD-card, Click 'boot disk' on the left instead. Select sd-card to flash on the right
Select the IUS file form the v2852 firmware under 'Choose a wrapped image'

After Burn a card sd the empty
This way does not work:(
Used Win7 x64 and virtual WinXP x86

molecular2

Dec 4, 2010
St.Austell, CORNWALL
Excellent Work

Many thanks stragulus!!!!!!!:D
Now I once again have a usable Pad - the Calibration works perfecly!!!:D

My route to Froyo was from 3245 to v4. I HAD to flash U-Boot-Nand FIRST. This gave me the Infotm code in the bottom R.H.corner. The only problem was with the calibration.

Again MANY THANKS. Please continue to develop for the Pad.:D

stragulus

May 9, 2010
After Burn a card sd the empty
This way does not work:(
Used Win7 x64 and virtual WinXP x86

Hmm. I do now recall that someone tried all those methods before to no avail. When I flashed this firmware, I think I did:

* Flash all of FW2852 (over USB)
* Found out that it didn't work 100% as it still booted an older ramdisk
* So after that, flashed U0 with u-boot-nand.bin. That triggered the 2-minute tablet going crazy on first boot.
* Then flashed all of FW2852 again, and now it worked.

Soo.. I think bottomline is, if you haven't seen the tablet go crazy for 2 minutes, it probably didn't work. Question is, is just flashing U0 once with u-boot-nand.bin enough..? It appears this does not work for everyone!?

Reactions: dgcruzing

verandi

Mar 20, 2008
Trieste - Treviso
Cheers! I welcome custom mods of the base rom. I'm willing to add them as alternatives to the first post by linking to the introductory posts. In this case, it looks like parts of it are suitable for integrating into the base froyo rom (e.g. calendar & contact sync fix). What exactly did you do to fix those?

Hi! :)
I replaced GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk and GoogleCalendarSyncadapter.apk with the ones from my phone. I am 98% sure I replaced only these two, because I didn't note down the names.

Now I'm trying to solve the next problem I have in the list: I can't leave the pad in standby, as it drains the battery like it was awake.
Yesterday I had a look at proc/wakelocks file to see which processes are requesting wakelocks.
Comparing this file to others around the net and the one of my phone, I found out that some processes were active during standby (they had 0 value in sleep_time row).
Now I haven't here my flytouch, so I can't be precise (I'll edit this lines next days), but I remember that some processes and powermanager were never sleeping (in all other wakelocks files, powemanager was sleeping on standby but main process not, so I think powermanager is faulty and main process not.).
Powermanager is a class contained in system/framework/services.jar so I tried replacing this file with my phone's one. It worked as the wakelocks file was showing that powermanager began to sleep on standby, but I had no improvement in battery life on standby, as, I'm quite sure, the other processes prevent the full sleep of the device.

To you and everyone who reads this: can you give me a help?
Can you fully recharge the flytouch, then disconnect the power supply, note down the start time, live it in sleep mode and then measure how long it takes to get discharged?

It tried myself today: unplugged at 16.30, left it in standby, died at around 19:20 ---> 2h50m of battery power on standby.

(If you also can tell me how long it stays on when you use it, and what kind of use you made, I would really appreciate too! :) )

Last edited:

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
Hail to Stragulus.. unlocking the beast!!!!

stragulus,

as usual.. I am riding on someone else's brilliance.. thanks for the update..
Will load it up tonight when get home from work..

My only wish is app2sd...

it has made such an improvement to my Evo with ability to load programs in..
So if someone wants to come up with a fix.. I am sure you will make many internally grateful!!!!

Edit after flashing:

Flashed the clean version WITHOUT verandi addons..
the Calibration works perfectly
feels fast and clean..

had problems with launcher pro .. and Titanium backup..
for some reason using Launcher pro it would not allow Titanium to see the sdcard.. thus couldnt restore my backups..
Played round for a while.. upgraded to Titanium 3.6.1.1 same thing..

went in and wiped Dalvik cache.. still no go..

have shut down launcher pro and installed ADWlauncher (almost the same as launcher pro)
walla.. now Titanium is seeing the SDcards and backup.. confirmed that it restored backed programs and data..

Market is working for me.. just wondering if we can port market from Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo - RLS 5 into this rom..
as this may be the workaround that will get past the only free apps showing.. I am using it on my Evo and in China..
so usually only get to see free apps.. but with MWTPT I am getting all apps.. I do understand there is a app floating round that is suppose to be able to reset Market in to thinking it is in a zone that will allow it to show all apps.. may need it to load in to this Rom..

Will put it through its paces and report back over the coming week..

Last edited:

_barsuk_

Jan 29, 2011
Zaporizhzhya
It tried myself today: unplugged at 16.30, left it in standby, died at around 19:20 ---> 2h50m of battery power on standby.

(If you also can tell me how long it stays on when you use it, and what kind of use you made, I would really appreciate too! :) )

Hmmm. This time is extremely low for standby mode. I use kernel from 3245. With this kernel battery indicator won't work properly but OS works more stable.

Also I removed Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk. I don't need 3g modem. And 3g modem still does not work with this firmware.

With full charged battery I disconnected charger from tablet at 22:00 (in my local time). Now is 5:25 in my local time and tablet has ~4% battery indicator. From my experience tablet shut down after 5-10 minutes. All this time tablet is in standby.

barrr

Aug 18, 2005
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Verandi

Excellent work and thank you for the Google sync fix - it makes my wowpad WOW!!!
Can you please add these files to the V5 version? Without them there's no sync. If I add your V4 files to the V5 rom there's no calibration. I wonder what else is lost !!!

Thanks,

B

elfo63

Feb 12, 2009
Great job. Thank you about that. I've a little question.
I've updated my Flytouch with you sdcard V5. Everything works fine, but i can't get the connection with USB 3G dongle. How i can do ?
There's a program to get the connections ?
I've tried with "quick setting" but nothing happens.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you about that.
Best regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for the custom Froyo rom for the Flytouch 2. It is a port of the first Flytouch 3/Superpad 2 Froyo rom, adapted to run on the flytouch 2. I will update this post whenever a new version has been released.

This rom will only run on tablets which display a version number in the bottom-right "Infotmic" screen when first turned on.. If yours doesn't display a number there, you will need to flash firmware v2852 first, see below in FLASHING V2852

INSTALLATION

Installation is slightly different from normal releases because it requires flashing in 2 steps. Luckily, it's really easy:

1. Download bootable SD-card image and unzip. Pick an image from the RELEASES section at the end of this post.

2. Write image to an SD-card that's at least 1GB in size using Win32DiskImager:

• Get Win32DiskImager here: https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer
    • In Win32DiskImager: When you open it, there is a button to browse the .img file and after that, at the right of this button there is a selector for the SD-card. Select it, then click write and it's done.
    • When finished, take out the card.

In linux, you just unzip the file and use dd to write it to the sd-card:

Code:
    dd if=/path/to/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX # (where sdX is your scsi disk device, check dmesg)

3. Turn off tablet and put sd-card in TOP slot (between the 2 usb ports).

4. Turn on tablet. It will report that it is booting off the sd-card, and that it's flashing kernel + filesystems.

5. Take out the sd-card when the tablet asks you to do so (takes less than a minute). Put it in the OTHER sd-card slot (bottom one), and reboot the tablet by holding down the power for 10 seconds to turn it off, then press it again to turn it on.

6. You will now see the tablet booting with a *GREEN* screen. The screen will flash twice to indicate it's starting. The flashing itself will take longer than in the previous step, a few minutes. If succesful, it will automatically reboot, after which you're done and you're booting the new firmware! You'll see a different boot screen (equalizer on a black background)

7. After it has booted and you have unlocked the screen, reboot the tablet first thing! First boots in android always tend to be behave erratically. This is unrelated to this firmware and applies to all Android setups.

If step 6 fails (which is very unlikely), it will stay on the green screen and it will keep on flashing the screen. In that case, you'll have to turn it off. Most likely problem for this is a corrupt SD-card. See troubleshooting below.

Make sure to never put that sd-card back in the top-slot without erasing it first, as it will reflash your tablet!

TROUBLESHOOTING

• The 'green screen' keeps flashing!
      • The installer will dump a text file on the root of the sd-card which you can inspect. The file is called fail_reason.txt. If no such file exists, things are seriously wrong and the tablet couldn't even properly write to the sd-card. If using another SD-card, or rewriting the SD-card doesn't help, please upload the fail_reason.txt file here.
    • Flashing was succesful, but the system freezes at the android animation!
      • For this firmware to work, you need to have a recent version of u-boot. You can tell if you have this by looking at the INFOTMIC bootscreen you see when you turn on the tablet. If the bottom right corner does not show a version number, then you don't have it.See instructions below.

FLASHING V2852

You need to flash this firmware to install a new version of u-boot. To flash this firmware, you will need to connect your tablet to your PC using an USB A-A cable, OR create a bootable SD-card.

• Download firmware V2852: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3bkklw36b1414nd
    • Download and unpack IUW: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3572bd7zfjo0r0y
    • Start IUW
    • If you use an USB cable: Click 'Link USB' on the left, select 'easy burn' from USB Mode pulldown in the right. Connect tablet to PC with the tablet turned offf, then turn it on by pressing & holding the menu+home buttons, then pressing the power button until it turns on. Release the menu+home buttons after a few seconds. Windows should now detect a new USB device. Install the drivers that are in the iuw1.1/otg_driver directory.
    • If you create a bootable SD-card, Click 'boot disk' on the left instead. Select sd-card to flash on the right
    • Select the IUS file form the v2852 firmware under 'Choose a wrapped image'
    • Click 'burn' to flash the tablet or create the sd-card. If you created an sd-card, boot the tablet with the sd-card in the top-slot, between the 2 USB connections.

TODO
    • How to enable 3G support for USB dongles?

(**) Tested:

• wifi, ethernet port
    • battery status works, g-sensor works
    • touchscreen works, including calibration
    • HD video playback works (I recommend Meridian player)
    • Market works (full), Youtube works
    • angry birds works ( thought I'd mention it ;) )
    • The firmware has already been rooted! You can connect using adb over wifi, and type 'su' to become root. Find your IP address using the Android System Info app.
    • GPS confirmed

VIDEO

Video demonstrating how to flash the tablet after having created the bootable SD-card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kf4-Vbba8#t=3

RELEASES

Hi everyone.
    I just made a personal version of system.tar.gz, and I thought it could be usefull for someone.

Most considerable changes:
    • Calendar and contacts synchronization now working again.
    • Simple stock froyo keyboard, without chinese characters.
    • Replaced youtube with the old working version.
    • Market updated to last version (no paid apps, though.).
    • Default launcher replaced with launcher pro, which is considerably faster.
    • Removed phone and telephony settings (see below)

Other changes:
    • Removed stock browser, replaced with dolphin browser HD.
    • Removed default file explorer, replaced with File expert (first free file explorer with working root that I found).
    • Changed alarm clock.
    • Changed calculator (but has wrong visualization).
    • Changed music player with music mod.
    • Added facebook, maps (+ navigation + latitude +places), chrome to phone, google search, google reader, terminal emulator, Titanium backup, voice search. adobe reader.
    • Maybe I deleted some other stupid flytouch stock apps, but actually I don't remember. :)

Warning, notes etc...:
    • All apps are free apps from market.
    • Phone apps (Phone.apk, TelephonySettings.apk) removed for test, due to suspected battery drain (Someone said so...), so:
      • Phone settings don't work (gives you force close when you tap on mobile settings menu)
      • Don't install if you use 3g adapters, as I think you won't be able to use them.
      • Maybe some future workarounds for paid apps on market won't work.
    • App2sd doesn't work. (Didn't even work before. I think there's some problem in the kernel with device mapper and crypto). I'll try to implement the fake app2sd that uses an ext partition on sd.
    • This is just a personal versionof stargulus' system files with apps I'm used to have on my phone, so maybe it won't fit you. :)

How to install:
    1. First important step: boot in recovery mode (back + home +power until you get in recovery menu), and wipe cache and data. This must be done. It also helps to have stragulus' calibration file installed correctly.
    2. Prepare the sd as described in the first post of this thread using the last Stragulus' sdcard image (v4, See link in this post).
    3. Go to "stage2" directory and replace system.tar.gz and system.tar.gz.md5 with the downloaded ones.
    4. Flash.
    5. The first boot will be quite long, but it's normal.
    6. While using the flytouch for the first time, it will probably lag and hang. Just reboot and it won't happen anymore.

File link: http://www.multiupload.com/Z9CONJVPQO

I hope this will be usefull. Advices are welcome. :)

Speed Problems with Flytouch2 and Froyo

For those of you who suffer from low speed and slow response I recommend Auto Killer - free from AppStore. It has an amazing effect on the Flytouch2 with this ROM. Doubled my free RAM from average of 24M to 48M and more. I installed SysTray Monitor and I am displaying my RAM so I see the change immediately. The unit response is so different now.
    This rom will only run on tablets which display a version number in the bottom-right "Infotmic" screen when first turned on.

IMHO.
    [ROM] (Flytouch 2, SuperPad, WWE10) 2.2#4325

Opened a new thread for it..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19677762#post19677762