My attempt to kill the softkeys

Search This thread

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
This is looking improbable. You can disable them but they just pop back on when you touch the screen. I wish they weren't tied in.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
This is looking improbable. You can disable them but they just pop back on when you touch the screen. I wish they weren't tied in.

They're not that tied in, when using screen filter it shuts them off until they are used again. But I get what you are saying.

Sent from my Nexus Slide 4G

matrixzone5

Jan 12, 2011
landing
I'd still want to see it

~E.R.A.

I tell u want tomorrow I gotta take my phone apart to mod the back plate of my screen to get rid of the giggly screen disorder (check my thread for instruction will link later if u guys want) ill record it and see if it boots it prolly will I don't see why not.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
I tell u want tomorrow I gotta take my phone apart to mod the back plate of my screen to get rid of the giggly screen disorder (check my thread for instruction will link later if u guys want) ill record it and see if it boots it prolly will I don't see why not.

By all means, go ahead. Just, don't open it up because I asked. :O

~E.R.A.

matrixzone5

Jan 12, 2011
landing
I am making this post in resonse to a request to see if this phone will boot okay with the capacitive button unplugged. Im happy to report that it does and works flawlessly im currently running aokp *not this does not only turn off the "lights" it completly disables the buttons.
Im going to upload a video soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXNJOXTgbJU

Last edited by a moderator:

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
I am making this post in resonse to a request to see if this phone will boot okay with the capacitive button unplugged. Im happy to report that it does and works flawlessly im currently running aokp *not this does not only turn off the "lights" it completly disables the buttons.

i don't have 3d glasses :(

And with turning 3d off if looks fuzzy :(

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
I wish the vid was a complete teardown to show how you got to that point. Overall it looks simple enough.

b16flybye

Sep 4, 2011
Twin Cities
I can remove the screws in the casing but how does the screen pop away from it? Did you just let the wire for the lights hang or is the wire removed completely?

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
no but they are really bright at night time.

and voodoo color doesnt affect them so they just dont look right with the awesome low gamma offsets some of us use. they look washed out like on a stock kernel. ruins the whole theme of the phone. i still havent gotten used to not using them, cuz i switch between roms so much, but id love to at least be able to disable the lights.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'd still want to see it

~E.R.A.

Id say for those of us who plan on keeping our epics for the next couple years, this should be a focused topic. Either disabled, or controlled, I know for sure something can be done with them. I'm going to start tackling this tomorrow. School always takes up my time :/

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
    It'd be pretty sweet to be able to disable the lights, as long as they are still usable.. I've had this phone long enough to know where the buttons are. :)
    From a linux based standpoint there is only one legitimate option. That is to run your script and then wear gloves which hamper the output of static electricity from your fingertips, so that you can surgically apply DUCT(or your preferred brand/type) TAPE over said lights without them turning on, in which case your script works, and peoples woes go away. :)

Trololol.