update with a rooted dna

Search This thread

rootntootn

Dec 28, 2011
Curious, as I have seen conflicting points-Can the update from verizon be installed to a rooted phone or not? How about from the stock Verizon rom (de-bloated) on a rooted phone, or relocking the phone/back to stock and getting it? I thought I read that if you get the update on a stock DNA you can no longer unlock it with the present methods, is that true or false? Anyone know for sure? Lastly what does the update get you?

Reactions: CrazyRussianXDA

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
You need to have stock Rom and recovery to update.

And if you update a DNA that has never been unlocked before then you won't be able to unlock your DNA. But if you've unlocked before then your fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Curious, as I have seen conflicting points-Can the update from verizon be installed to a rooted phone or not? How about from the stock Verizon rom (de-bloated) on a rooted phone, or relocking the phone/back to stock and getting it? I thought I read that if you get the update on a stock DNA you can no longer unlock it with the present methods, is that true or false? Anyone know for sure? Lastly what does the update get you?

As long as you have unlocked your bootloader before the ota visit this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2152993 and it will tell you how to re-unlock and update the firmware and unlock, but make sure you have your original Unlock_code.bin file before you proceed because if you take the ota and you havent unlocked your bootloader before you will be stuck for a long time

cstmeyers

May 3, 2011
As long as you have unlocked your bootloader before the ota visit this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2152993 and it will tell you how to re-unlock and update the firmware and unlock, but make sure you have your original Unlock_code.bin file before you proceed because if you take the ota and you havent unlocked your bootloader before you will be stuck for a long time

Of all the times I don't spend hours researching, this is one of them where I screwed myself. I had my bootloader unlocked before the OTA and I am going to be "stuck for a long time". LOL I read several articles (not here - my own idiocy) on the OTA update and the "how tos" on going back to stock to get it, etc etc... Not one mentioned to reunlock after performing the RUU, then doing the OTA..... didn't find out I was screwed until the CID couldn't be read and the my Unlock_bin failed. So this is what it feels like again to be on a bloated phone, full of VZW crap..lol

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Of all the times I don't spend hours researching, this is one of them where I screwed myself. I had my bootloader unlocked before the OTA and I am going to be "stuck for a long time". LOL I read several articles (not here - my own idiocy) on the OTA update and the "how tos" on going back to stock to get it, etc etc... Not one mentioned to reunlock after performing the RUU, then doing the OTA..... didn't find out I was screwed until the CID couldn't be read and the my Unlock_bin failed. So this is what it feels like again to be on a bloated phone, full of VZW crap..lol

You should still be able to flash your token and re unlock your bootloader even after the OTA

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

cstmeyers

May 3, 2011
You should still be able to flash your token and re unlock your bootloader even after the OTA

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

I tried a couple of times but it kept failing. I'm not sure if I am missing a step but I think I was doing it correctly. I will try it again when I get home from work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to have stock Rom and recovery to update.

And if you update a DNA that has never been unlocked before then you won't be able to unlock your DNA. But if you've unlocked before then your fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app