[Q] Everything I need to know about putting the M8 on beast mode?

Search This thread

LegoFarmer

Nov 14, 2012
Hello! I am coming from a Galaxy SIII and my upgrade is due in October, I am happy to come back to HTC by getting this phone. My intention is to root, unlock bootloader, S-off and flash away. I have read a lot and so far what it seems like is all I need to do is use weaksauce temp root, then run firewater to unlock bootloader and S-Off. Unfortunately, I have read that the newer revision of the VZW M8's won't work with firewater and that I must buy SunShine, which I guess is okay because it isn't too much money. Am I on the right track? This is just quite different than what I went through on my DINC or GSIII, All replies welcome and thank you.

Reactions: boazlaz

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Hello! I am coming from a Galaxy SIII and my upgrade is due in October, I am happy to come back to HTC by getting this phone. My intention is to root, unlock bootloader, S-off and flash away. I have read a lot and so far what it seems like is all I need to do is use weaksauce temp root, then run firewater to unlock bootloader and S-Off. Unfortunately, I have read that the newer revision of the VZW M8's won't work with firewater and that I must buy SunShine, which I guess is okay because it isn't too much money. Am I on the right track? This is just quite different than what I went through on my DINC or GSIII, All replies welcome and thank you.

Yes, pretty much on the right track. Firewater most definitely will not work by then so SunShine if it still works by then will be your only option unless someone else makes an S-OFF/BUnlock/Root.

Just keep researching until you're confident with what you're going to be doing and you'll be just fine, feel free to ask more questions though!

Reactions: BadUsername

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
You're on the right track, if firewater doesn't work you have to use sunshine, but your process is right.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, pretty much on the right track. Firewater most definitely will not work by then so SunShine if it still works by then will be your only option unless someone else makes an S-OFF/BUnlock/Root.

Just keep researching until you're confident with what you're going to be doing and you'll be just fine, feel free to ask more questions though!