Mango vs iPhone 4S

Search This thread

RoboDad

Mar 6, 2008
Boise, ID
I agree that this will be a very useful thread for many people. Here's hoping everyone can keep it civil :).

I would, however, advise caution when using anecdotal evidence in support (or criticism) of features on either platform.

For example, regarding flashlight apps, it is true that there are now flashlight apps that work well on both phones. However, there are some currently supported WP models that do not feature an LED flash, and therefore cannot use any LED flashlight app. By contrast, all currently supported iPhone models do feature an LED flash, and therefore can use any flashlight app.

Also, you mentioned that you are unable to use A2DP on your iPhone. While I can't offer any advice to resolve your problem (not owning either an iPhone or a Pioneer 7000BT), I can say that there is ample evidence on the Internet that shows that the iPhone has offered A2DP support since iOS 3.0. However, there are some discussions out there about Pioneer users having issues, so there may be some specific incompatibility between the two brands, or possibly a bug in the A2DP implementation on one or both devices that causes them to not pair correctly.

As for the static temperature display on the iPhone weather app icon, it is a rather poor choice of icon design on Apple's part there. The icon is completely static, but is designed to look like other icons that feature a "live" badge. However, there is a free app in the app store called Fahrenheit that does provide that missing feature.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

I think Angry Birds on iOS/Android has significantly more levels.
Correct. The iOS version includes 288 levels, compared with 225 on WP. Also, iOS offers an in-app purchase of "The Mighty Eagle", a special bird that apparently can be used for a "total destruction" feature in the game.

And, of course, there are the Seasons and Rio variations of the game available on iOS that are absent on WP.

morpheuszg

Nov 25, 2007
Duesseldorf
Also, you mentioned that you are unable to use A2DP on your iPhone. While I can't offer any advice to resolve your problem (not owning either an iPhone or a Pioneer 7000BT), I can say that there is ample evidence on the Internet that shows that the iPhone has offered A2DP support since iOS 3.0. However, there are some discussions out there about Pioneer users having issues, so there may be some specific incompatibility between the two brands, or possibly a bug in the A2DP implementation on one or both devices that causes them to not pair correctly.

Yep, you can use some BT devices with the iPhone and they will play music, but the overall compatibility is quite bad on the iPhone. I own the Sony Ericsson MW600(which is great btw!). It works with the iPhone but it doesn't display the title and you can't ffw or rwd and also the call button doesn't work. BT on iPhone is more or less a matter of luck.

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
Here's some differences.

-Don't need an app to check Facebook posts or IMs
-Don't need an app to check movie showtimes etc
-Don't need an app to live scan music and barcodes etc.
-Don't need an app to find indoor maps and directions for certain malls.
-Don't need an app to find nearby places and restaurants.
-Don't need an app to have a complete public business phone book in my phone
-Don't need an app to do probably 75% of what people use apps for.

ROCOAFZ

Jun 5, 2007
Here is some additions (some of which are posted previously but i wanted to make sure they were described so the op understands what we mean)

Me hub - don't forget this as it shows status and built in messenger + facebook wall
Picture hub-
Group texting- not sure if iphone has this
Xbox achievements and live titles
Bing vision for scanning barcode lookup built in with mango (i did notice though that shopsavy app for wp7 shows more local results

Bing music lookup where it will tell you what song is like shazam but built in
Voice search for internet which also integrates with maps. Hold voice, say address, press map button above web search and choose direction or local scout

Local scout built in to find eat and drink places near you - swipe left then to find events.

Camera under lock screen - I think iphone just got this but WP7 has a dedicated camera button

WP7 - edit notes in exchange 2010 meetings. Iphone can view it but cannot edit from what i have found. Makes my boss mad during meetings as i always have edit it for her with my phone lol.

WP7 pinnable email folders (Since mango) and linked inbox (not sure if iphone does this) I pin an email folder for my boss, directors and staff which i rely on heavily at work since i am the IT.

WP7 - supports full version of web outlook via browser (not lite version). handy if you need to access other office calendars. Not sure if latest iphone browser does

HTML5 native in browser lets you browse and play youtube if you sign up for html5 trial. Not sure if latest iphone does this.

Both support reading texts out loud although wp7 has it default disabled. ( don't want every text read to me especially when at work so that is fine with me lol)

WP7 - bigger fonts for those that don't want to squint. I didn't realize this till i recently looked at an iphone. The icons are so small along with text. Live tiles are so much easier to read. i used to be used to the smaller icons with wm6.5 but i must have gotten used to the bigger fonts.

I'll post more as i think of it

Last edited:

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
I agree that this will be a very useful thread for many people. Here's hoping everyone can keep it civil :).

I would, however, advise caution when using anecdotal evidence in support (or criticism) of features on either platform.

For example, regarding flashlight apps, it is true that there are now flashlight apps that work well on both phones. However, there are some currently supported WP models that do not feature an LED flash, and therefore cannot use any LED flashlight app. By contrast, all currently supported iPhone models do feature an LED flash, and therefore can use any flashlight app.

As for the static temperature display on the iPhone weather app icon, it is a rather poor choice of icon design on Apple's part there. The icon is completely static, but is designed to look like other icons that feature a "live" badge. However, there is a free app in the app store called Fahrenheit that does provide that missing feature.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Correct. The iOS version includes 288 levels, compared with 225 on WP. Also, iOS offers an in-app purchase of "The Mighty Eagle", a special bird that apparently can be used for a "total destruction" feature in the game.

And, of course, there are the Seasons and Rio variations of the game available on iOS that are absent on WP.

Minimum Hardware Requirements for Windows Phone 7 does require a 5 MP camera with a flash. Are there phones that implement the flash using something other than an LED? If you know of some. Please list, so that I can mention that in the post. I will update the post to indicate that users that require an LED Flashlight app should make sure the phone has an LED flash.

Regarding my Pioneer 7000BT and A2DP. My Fuze, Tilt2, and Quantum all connected without any issue. Only my iPhone cannot connect to it. I will update the post to reflect that some blue tooth headsets can pair with the iPhone using A2DP. Users should verify this.

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
I believe that it exists exclusive app in marketplace in the US.

Arcane's Tower Defense is an exclusive WP7 game.

Added piece that some games are available only for WP7 and some are available for iPhone that aren't available. I suspect that the list on both side is too large to manage.

Wp7 certainly feels smoother and the apps that aren't simply ports seem to run smoother on wp7. Words by post for instance is much smoother on wp7.

Some apps run smoother on iPhone too. I may add something regarding this, but I haven't noticed a significant difference. In my opinion, both devices run apps very smoothly.

Nice objective comparison!

I own a quantum as well and I love it.

Perhaps one difference you can point out is that on wp7 you have choices of different hardware (like a physical keyboard if that's important to you)

Added this to the advantage list.

I think Angry Birds on iOS/Android has significantly more levels.

Foursquare for iOS5 allows for the Radar feature (http://blog.foursquare.com/2011/10/12/the-real-world-now-in-real-time-say-hi-to-foursquare-radar/) which, like Glympse, won't be possible until Microsoft provides a background location service.

Other apps affected by the lack of background location services include GPS and the run tracker type apps.

Maybe you should include a section about multitasking in general.

Added details about background tasks and location updates.

Here's some differences.

Added this with a link to your post. When a free app does exist and integrates well, it's not a huge advantage to have it built in, but it is still an advantage.

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
Here is some additions (some of which are posted previously but i wanted to make sure they were described so the op understands what we mean)

Me hub - don't forget this as it shows status and built in messenger + facebook wall
Picture hub-
Group texting- not sure if iphone has this
Xbox achievements and live titles
Bing vision for scanning barcode lookup built in with mango (i did notice though that shopsavy app for wp7 shows more local results

Bing music lookup where it will tell you what song is like shazam but built in
Voice search for internet which also integrates with maps. Hold voice, say address, press map button above web search and choose direction or local scout

Local scout built in to find eat and drink places near you - swipe left then to find events.

Camera under lock screen - I think iphone just got this but WP7 has a dedicated camera button

WP7 - edit notes in exchange 2010 meetings. Iphone can view it but cannot edit from what i have found. Makes my boss mad during meetings as i always have edit it for her with my phone lol.

WP7 pinnable email folders (Since mango) and linked inbox (not sure if iphone does this) I pin an email folder for my boss, directors and staff which i rely on heavily at work since i am the IT.

WP7 - supports full version of web outlook via browser (not lite version). handy if you need to access other office calendars. Not sure if latest iphone browser does

HTML5 native in browser lets you browse and play youtube if you sign up for html5 trial. Not sure if latest iphone does this.

Both support reading texts out loud although wp7 has it default disabled. ( don't want every text read to me especially when at work so that is fine with me lol)

WP7 - bigger fonts for those that don't want to squint. I didn't realize this till i recently looked at an iphone. The icons are so small along with text. Live tiles are so much easier to read. i used to be used to the smaller icons with wm6.5 but i must have gotten used to the bigger fonts.

I'll post more as i think of it

I had read that the iPhone supports HTML 5, but I am currently not seeing it render a project that does render on the iPad. I will need to verify this later.

It seems that I can edit notes in appointments fine on my iPhone.

Adding:
I am not seeing a way to launch the Camera with the iPhone when the screen is locked.

Although the iPhone does support a linked inbox, it does not support multiple linked inboxes or pinable inboxes. On my Windows phone, I keep my exchange accound seperate. Then, I link all my personal ones together.

Going to add something about the picture hub. It is an advantage to not need to know where the picture came from to see it one location.

Going to add something about the Me hub and integration with Facebook and Twitter.

Not Adding:
The iPhone does support group texting.

I ate to much Turkey today and am tired, so I am going to do this tomorrow.

Thanks for

Reactions: scoobysnacks

RoboDad

Mar 6, 2008
Boise, ID
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Windows Phone 7 does require a 5 MP camera with a flash. Are there phones that implement the flash using something other than an LED? If you know of some. Please list, so that I can mention that in the post. I will update the post to indicate that users that require an LED Flashlight app should make sure the phone has an LED flash.
That's exactly the issue. The HTC Mozart (and I think there may be others, but I'm not positive) use a Xenon flash that is incompatible with ANY flashlight app. The description of Flashlight-X even mentioned that model by name.

Regarding my Pioneer 7000BT and A2DP. My Fuze, Tilt2, and Quantum all connected without any issue. Only my iPhone cannot connect to it. I will update the post to reflect that some blue tooth headsets can pair with the iPhone using A2DP. Users should verify this.
Yeah, it does sound like Apple really dropped the ball on A2DP. It sounds like some products pair perfectly with it, while others have varying degrees of incompatibility. Definitely worth noting.

RoboDad

Mar 6, 2008
Boise, ID
I am not seeing a way to launch the Camera with the iPhone when the screen is locked.
With iOS 5, they added the ability to launch the camera from the lock screen. Press the home button to wake the phone, and a camera icon appears next to the unlock slider. Tap the icon, and the camera app opens. It does take one more tap than on WP, but time-wise, it appears to be similar (since you have to hold the WP camera button for 2 seconds to auto-open it).

They also added the ability to use the volume up button as a quick shutter release once the camera is open.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Isn't there an official HTC flashlight app?

I think there is for the HD7, but it uses an LED flash.

Reactions: JVH3

sayonical

Dec 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I was comparing my HTC Radar 4G with my friends iPhone 4S at thanksgving dinner today.

The iPhone has no dedicated camera button. I think though you can use the volume keys to snap.

Siri is more advanced than Tellme in terms of context questions where was Tellme is more task driven (Open apps, call/text contacts)

Both support hotspot/wireless tethering

Bing has several integrated features : Voice search, OCR Vision for reading text, barcodes, or codes and book/cd covers, music search a shazam like feature and Local Scout to find interesting places nearby.

Bing Maps has free turn by turn navigation though you have to tap the screen for the next turn -_-

Built in free Office suite.

iCloud and Skydrive are comparable. Can someone detail their differences?

iOS has folders. Windows Phone as HUB which takes folders a stop further - music apps integrate nicely into zune showing now playing in the panoramic pivot. Photo apps go to Pictures hub and Games in xbox live hub. Also the homebrew community has implemented the iOS version of folders on wp7

weijoon

Here's some differences.

With a BIG QUOTE: US only. I'm not trying to start flame, I love my mozart and I really wish MS will open their service to as many countries as possible.

VKris

Nov 5, 2011
Dubai, UAE
Accessories

iPhone has the biggest collection of accessories and compatibility with 3rd party hardware - can control home theater AV receivers, BMW has an app which lets you unlock/ lock car and find your car in a crowded parking lot (positioning in the map).

Although many look at iPhone as a toy or media player, it has some of the best business features in today's smartphone range. possible to USB sync with Outlook, apps like Cisco mobile are used by many large corporations to reduce cost.

iPhone 4S also runs Bluetooth v4.0, which I guess will see more usage in the future. All WP7 devices today are only on v2.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: vetvito

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
IPhone
Multiplayer games
In game voice chat
able to trade game items with other players
notification bar with widgets
browser has a forward button and find on page function
iTunes match
Integration with all apple products including apple tv
"cut", copy, and paste
Video mms
emoji texting and icons
Safari reader and reading list
advanced photo editing options
Unified notifications with access from the lock screen

Last edited:

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
wp7cartoon.jpg

Reactions: diaryno286

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
With iOS 5, they added the ability to launch the camera from the lock screen. Press the home button to wake the phone, and a camera icon appears next to the unlock slider. Tap the icon, and the camera app opens. It does take one more tap than on WP, but time-wise, it appears to be similar (since you have to hold the WP camera button for 2 seconds to auto-open it).

They also added the ability to use the volume up button as a quick shutter release once the camera is open.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

I think there is for the HD7, but it uses an LED flash.

Good to know about the camera on the iPhone when locked. Adding this to similarities.

I also have verified that both support HTML 5.

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
^ to a certain extent. Go to mobile Ebay on both devices and you'll see what I mean. When there try and swipe the bottom row and you'll see.

JVH3

Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
IPhone
Multiplayer games
In game voice chat
able to trade game items with other players
notification bar with widgets
browser has a forward button and find on page function
iTunes match
Integration with all apple products including apple tv
"cut", copy, and paste
Video mms
emoji texting and icons
Safari reader and reading list
advanced photo editing options
Unified notifications with access from the lock screen

I added most of this, with these exceptions

iTunes match (thinking this is more of differences) since apple has iTunes and Windows Phone 7 has Zune. Unless iTunes match is different than iTunes.
emoji texting and icons - (not sure what this is)
Safari reader and reading list - (not sure what this is.)

If you explain a little more about why they are advantages or what they are, I may add them. I haven't fully explored everything on my iPhone.

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
no problem.

Itunes Match is like Google Music, its the new feature where it plays your music from the cloud if its not on your device.

emoji is these:
TS2404_01--emoji-001-en.png

on our phones they show up as blocks.

Safari Reader and List:
Two of the many new features iOS 5 brings to you, as well as my personal favorites, are the Reader and Reading list features added to Safari.

The first of the two is Reader. Reader essentially takes an article from a Web page and removes all distractions. Distractions like ads, site navigation, address bar, etc., which really lets you focus on the content. It looks a lot like an article in PDF format.

The second feature in this how to is Reading List. Reading List is a lot like Instapaper but it’s built right into Safari for iOS5. What it does is let you take an article, webpage, or anything you want to save that you can access in the browser so that you may read it later. The webpage/article is put in a convenient list that can be synced across all of your iOS devices via iCloud.
link

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is dedictated strictly to specific advantages / disadvantages / differences / similarities of Mango compared to the iPhone 4S.

READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD

Both platforms have strengths. Both have weaknesses.

It will also be dedictated to differences in some core applications.

Some applications are not available to both platforms. Those will also be identified.

I will be reserving the first 5 posts to update specific differences.
    I will also be reserving the next 5 posts, in case I want to expand to additional differences or comparisons.

I currently own an LG Quantum with Mango and an iPhone 4S. The Quantum is my personal phone. The iPhone was provided by work. I am not restricting the comparison to 1st generation Windows Phone hardware, but it is all I have to test with. Mango is Mango though, with few exceptions.

I actually really like both phones.

Post #2 dedicated to advatages of Windows Phone.
    Post #3 dedicated to advatages of iPhone 4S
    Post #4 dedicated to application differences.
    Post #5 dedicated to application availability.

Please post replies with information you would like to see added to the posts.
    Please post replies with other things you would like to see compared.

Keep all posts on topic. Be respectful. Do not bash other users or their posts.

I do not have an Android device. This thread is not a comparison to Android. Posts about android will be considered off topic and should not be responded to.

Keep in mind the forum rules and rule 15 regarding staying on topic.

As I discover information, I will update the 1st 10 posts as needed. Also, based on user posts, I will update the 1st 10 posts, if I am able to verify the information.

This thread is about specific advantages and disadvantages. So, when posting, please provide specific details. It is also intended to not be opinion based. Some opinion will be unavoidable, but facts should always be given. When posting for something to be added, it is also helpful if you can come up with the line to add to describe the advantage. I can usually do this, but copy and paste is alot easier.

Again:

This thread is about identifying specific advantages / disadvantages / differences / similarities between the two. Specific being the key.

General statements serve no purpose and only clutter the thread. There are 11000+ views of this thread. If everyone posted general opinions, the thread would quickly lose value and no longer be maintainable by me. I would be forced to close it or not maintain it.

I welcome and encourage posts that identify specific advantages / disadvantages / differences / similarities between the two platforms. Of course the first 10 posts should always be checked first to see if they have already been identified.

Thanks

JVH3
    pretty hard to keep as OS that now has 52% of the market off topic.

It like trying not to mention Windows when talking about Mac and linux.

There are other threads for Android comparisons and discussions.

There was a post by N8ter before my post of the link to the forum rules quoting post #15 that was removed because it was about Android and nothing to do with the topic of thread. Just a deliberate attempt to hyjack the thread.

Threads aren't chat rooms. They have subjects. This serves the purpose of keeping information organized in a usable way.

If you want to discuss Android, find or create a thread pertaining to the aspects of Android that you want to discuss.
    iPhone 4S is way ahead and Mango version is nowhere near to it. iOS has excellent touch calibration with new feature that is Siri app which is an intelligent bot.

Lets hope any further posts from you are better, because this was a horrible post. This is not an opinion thread. The guidelines of the thread are clearly posted. The only thing somewhat proper was your mention of Siri, but Siri was already mentioned and included in the iPhone advantage list, so your comment added absolutely no value.

All I kept thinking of after reading this was the great Billy Madison Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

better quality link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    Mango Advantages

1. Pairing with blue tooth headsets and car stereos is more consistant. Although the iPhone 4S supports A2DP to play music. The iPhone 4S will not automatically pair to play audio through my Pioneer 7000BT. My Mango phone does. The iPhone does automatically pair to support phone calls through bluetooth. There are also some A2DP devices that the iPhone fully supports, but not all. Even when my iPhone 4S is paired with my car stereo for music, the car stereo controls do not work to control the track. This is because the iPhone 4S does not support AVCRP for many devices.

2. Large tiles make it easy to operate with one hand using your thumb. Live Tiles also have larger text making things easier to read. Clicking the icons on an iPhone is not as easily done in a one handed if you have big thumbs.

3. The people hub. A whole post could be dedicated to this. Post dedicated to the People Hub There was also a good write up on this at wpcentral WPCentral - People Hub Overview

4. A back button. Many screens on the iPhone put a back type button on it. It generally is in the upper left. It does not usually say back. And it is not always there. It is up to the app dev to put it in.

5. Many common tasks do not require a seperate app. See Post #23 for some examples. Most of these tasks have free apps available for iPhone, so it is not a huge advatage. But the integration of all this is very nice on Windows Phone 7. Facebook, Twitter, Linked In.

6. Choice of hardware. Some phones have a physical keyboard, such as the LG Quantum. No iPhone has a keyboard. The new Nokia 900 has a screen that is also good in sunlight like the iPhone.

7. Linked Inbox or multiple linked inboxes for selected accounts without linking all accounts. You can keep your work email in a seperate pinable account than all your personal accounts. This is very useful so the indicator will let you know if you have an email that is for work. And other non work emails will increment the indicator on the other tile or tiles.

8. Picture hub - Gives access to all you pics, including facebook pics and facebook contact pics. There was also a good write up on this at wpcentral WPCentral - Picture Hub Overview

9. Me hub - lets you update facebook status and see facebook updates that you care about.

10. (this was a duplicate, so I removed it, but left it in it's place rather than renumber)

11. Browser allows pinch to zoom when rendering a site usintg HTML5 and Canvas. (Tested with both using a site internally developed at the company I work for.) Ironically the web application was designed for the iPad. I can actually use it with Windows Phone 7, but everything is too small on the iPhone to be useful. I cannot share the URL. Work would not like that. Of course, since it is targetting the iPad, it works well on it.

12. Seperate list that shows unread mail. iPhone only gives and indicator by each unread message. This makes reading your unread mail easier.

13. Live Tile indicators for email and messages are not unread messages, but amount of new messages since you last pressed the tile to see the messages. (I don't need to mark 50 messages as read to get rid of the notification). Seeing the list is enough to clear the indicator. You can still see which ones have not been read.

Some advantage pointed out by sayonical here Post 31

14. Micorosoft Office is included at no extra charge.

15. Turn By Tap directions. Although you need to tap, it will recalculate if you deviate from the route after a tap.
    Some OEMs such as HTC and Nokia provide applications built in to do tap free Turn by Turn directions. With the iPhone a 3rd party not built in app is always required to accomplish this.
    Both HTC Locations and Nokia's app also provide offline navigation.
    HTC Locations offline mode is free for 30 days, but Nokia's app is free with a Nokia phone.
    HTC Locations online mode may be free after the 30 days. Someone that is using it for more than 30 days or can no longer use it after 30 days, please post so I can update this.

16. Bing integrates alot of functionality, such as barcode reading, music identification, applications for your search, local scout. (There is a Bing app for free for the iPhone by Microsoft, but it's included with Windows Phone)

17. Ability to edit meeting notes to meetings that you did not create. The edits are for you only, but do make the update in exchange. Post 41

18. SIP Keyboard (on screen) is bigger and changes the display to reflect the case A vs a, so you know what you are going to type. Useful when entering passwords.

19. Built in AM/FM Radio. Data is not needed to get music. Useful when at work on a company plan with data limits and WiFi Restrictions. Also useful an health clubs to listen to the audio for the TVs. Also, see Post 41

20. Automatic word suggestion when typing. Shows a list of words to pick. The iPhone automatically corrects words and suggests a single word.

21. Tell Me - It has similarities to Siri, but there are some things Siri does better, just like there are some things Tell Me does better. I am putting this as an advatage for both. I will use a post to outline some differences.

22. Zune Pass

23. Unlimited Sky Drive space for Photos for Free.

24. Ability to directly share a photo in Facebook, while viewing the photo and not first being in Facebook. details: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20815029&postcount=99

25. Ability to set the fetch frequency and enable or disable push email on a per-account basis. iPhone fetch frequency is a setting for all accounts. With the iPhone, you can have multiple push accounts and multiple poll accounts. But the poll accounts all poll at the same frequency. With Windows Phone, I can have one account poll every hour, another poll every 15 minutes, and another be a push account.

26. (For Windows users only) Pictures taken on a Mango phone display properly on Windows computer's default programs. Windows 7, Vista, and anything earlier do not properly support the rotational information in the EXIF information on jpegs. It does actually support EXIF, just not the rotational information when rendering. iPhone uses EXIF to set the rotation. Also, no web browser other than Safari supports EXIF for orientation. Although the fault lies with Microsoft for viewing in the OS, the result is extra work to make the pictures taken from an iPhone display with correct orientation on Windows machines. Other programs can be used to view the pictures and there are lossless ways to rotate them. Nonetheless, it is still additional work to view them on Windows computers. Less work for those you share with is an advantage.

27. Ability to use full website without being redirected to a mobile version. On the iPhone, some sites redirect you to the mobile version. And there is not a way to use the full version unless the site provides a link to it. Not all sites provide this. There are apps for the iPhone (JourneyLite and Mercury are 2) that allows full browsing after telling it to simulate IE9.

28. Multiple User Groups - link to post with details - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21419216&postcount=153

29. Bing Maps can find some old established addresses correctly that the iPhone Maps cannot. (note Bing Maps is available for free on the iPhone, but Siri and most, in not all, integrations will not use it). (I will edit this if anyone can post a verifiable address that Bing incorrectly finds, but the iPhone maps correctly finds.) discusssions on this start here

30. Ability to snooze an appointment. With the iPhone, if you have a meeting scheduled for 2:00 PM and are set to be reminded 15 minutes before, you will get notified at 1:45 PM. But there is not way to snooze for 10 minutes and get notified again at 1:55 PM.

31. Rescheduled appointments from Exchange work properly. The iPhone asks if you want to rescheule the meeting or all meetings, even though the original rescheduler defined this when rescheduling.

more to come
    This thread has made it four pages so there is no point in going off topic now.