[Q] Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 WiFi Connection Problem

Search This thread

Battlezone

May 18, 2014
Oxford, UK
Hi All, I've bought one of these beauty's and am well pleased with it. However I have come across a small but annoying problem that I hope someone can help me out with.

At initial set up I connect to my home network. This works absolutely fine. When I set the tablet to connect to my tethering hotspot on my S4 that is when problems occur. It connects initially but then shows disabled. The same now happens with the home network. The home network is via a HH5 which has both 2.4GHz & 5GHz. enabled. Telling the device to forget each of the AP's and reconnecting them does not work. Other devices (W7 PC's, the telly & another S4 ) can connect to my tethering hotspot without any problem.

wmarcin

Jan 13, 2010
For me, adding the Note to the static DHCP List in my router settings (trendnet TEW-652 BRP) seemed to do the trick. Some people also recommend changing 802.11 mode to single (g or n) as opposed to mixed (g and n), and changing IP to static in the Note Wi-Fi settings.

... Note Pro 12.2 (900) ...

arikdahn

Nov 30, 2013
Mine's doing same thing. Turn off DHCP in wifi settings of 12.2 Pro and use a Static IP way the hell up there on the range so one of your dynamic devices doesn't grab it.

This tablet is such a piece of crap. Been trying to sell it forever. Definitely the worst display on any of the newest-generation Samsung devices. Plus it has these retarded problems with completely rudimentary technologies.