[Q] A dock or some way to use external monitor, keyboard, and mouse?

Search This thread

The Lepricon

Apr 29, 2008
HI all,

I've been realizing lately that my Nexus 5 does just about everything I need anymore. I hardly ever need a PC for anything except for the full size monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Now, I think I can use USB OTG and connect a Mouse and keyboard. But, is there a way to connect an external monitor as well?

I see that there is a Docking station for Samsung Galaxy phones that seem to do what I'm asking, here:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EDD-S20JWEGSTA

I've googled but cannot figure out if there is anything out there that would work for my Nexus 5. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TheAtheistOtaku

Oct 18, 2011
Buffalo
externally powered USB hub. I used my friends once, had a hdmi output also and it worked flawlessly. (and by externally powered, i mean one that draws power from an outlet, not the phone itself)

METDeath

Jun 15, 2010
HI all,

I've been realizing lately that my Nexus 5 does just about everything I need anymore. I hardly ever need a PC for anything except for the full size monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Now, I think I can use USB OTG and connect a Mouse and keyboard. But, is there a way to connect an external monitor as well?

I see that there is a Docking station for Samsung Galaxy phones that seem to do what I'm asking, here:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EDD-S20JWEGSTA

I've googled but cannot figure out if there is anything out there that would work for my Nexus 5. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best bet is Bluetooth keyboard/mouse and use a HDMI out dongle and plug the phone into a wall outlet.

cmullen

Apr 4, 2014
For android 4.4.2 and up use Chromecast for video& audio with HDMI monitor with speakers and Bluetooth for keyboard and mouse. Need sw app Andromium OS and/or Kodi too.

Last edited: