[ROM] Barebone SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3

Search This thread

HingWah

Nov 2, 2011
HingWah, can you still boot to the blue CWM? If you can, flash the ROM again, don't do anything else (there is no need), reboot, let it sit on the logo for few minutes (3-5), connect with ADB and pull logcat with "adb logcat -d >logfile.log". Post the log file someplace.

Ok here is what I did.

I got the phone back to Stock KJ6 with Odin.
Used superoneclick to root it.
Installed SGS Flasher with Basic with a Twist SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3.
Reboot, let it sit for 10mins after Linda finished converting files.
Reboot into Blue CWM, flash ROM-sms-T959V-GB2.3.6-antsvx.1.1.2.
Reboot system on CWM menu and now stock on Galaxy S 4G logo.
Waited 10mins still on logo. Plug phone to computer ran adb logcat
and I get "-waiting for device -"

:crying::crying:

tvotony

Oct 30, 2010
I for some reason lose connection when on 3G. I need a fix

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

eb13

Mar 26, 2012
Denver
Ok here is what I did.

I got the phone back to Stock KJ6 with Odin.
Used superoneclick to root it.
Installed SGS Flasher with Basic with a Twist SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3.
Reboot, let it sit for 10mins after Linda finished converting files.
Reboot into Blue CWM, flash ROM-sms-T959V-GB2.3.6-antsvx.1.1.2.
Reboot system on CWM menu and now stock on Galaxy S 4G logo.
Waited 10mins still on logo. Plug phone to computer ran adb logcat
and I get "-waiting for device -"

:crying::crying:

Sounds like when you're flashing that system isn't getting mounted or you have a really bad download of the rom... I would say redownload the rom and check the md5... repeat the steps you did before but before you flash the rom go to mounts &storage in recovery. Set the first 4 like this (in order) unmount, mount, mount & unmount then go back to install zip and flash the rom...

HingWah

Nov 2, 2011
Sounds like when you're flashing that system isn't getting mounted or you have a really bad download of the rom... I would say redownload the rom and check the md5... repeat the steps you did before but before you flash the rom go to mounts &storage in recovery. Set the first 4 like this (in order) unmount, mount, mount & unmount then go back to install zip and flash the rom...

When I check in the mount and storage it must "read"
Mount cache
Unmount data
Unmount sd-card
Mount system
???
Because my first option, it reads "mount efs"

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
HingWah, weird problem. Will your phone boot after you go back to stock (with ODIN) and then just flash the 1.1.3 kernel and try to reboot? In this case you'd be on ext4 kernel but still running stock ROM. With that we at least separate kernel vs ROM problem. Would be interesting to check the partitions after linda is done (adb shell mount) and look at the file system to see if all files are there.

Has anybody else tried going from RFS to this ROM? I never tried this, I'm on ext4 since I don't remember when.

HingWah

Nov 2, 2011
HingWah, weird problem. Will your phone boot after you go back to stock (with ODIN) and then just flash the 1.1.3 kernel and try to reboot? In this case you'd be on ext4 kernel but still running stock ROM. With that we at least separate kernel vs ROM problem. Would be interesting to check the partitions after linda is done (adb shell mount) and look at the file system to see if all files are there.

Has anybody else tried going from RFS to this ROM? I never tried this, I'm on ext4 since I don't remember when.

With stock ROM KJ6 and your kernel it works fines... no trouble at all running.

I tried different kernel to see if that helps and still no go. The UMMU didnt work either. I even tried to set it the other way to see if it's my misunderstanding which is MUUM lol but still no luck.

invario

Feb 14, 2009
flashed this over ICBNB and it went in fine. thanks antonx!

jsut wish the FB SNS integrated account was still there. it's nice seeing FB profile pictures loaded up for the contacts. the facebook app doesn't do that with the sync.:(

tanw42

Mar 11, 2012
Hey man, same thing bugged me when I flashed it to AOKP but I found this great app called Facebook contact sync.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.weednet.contactssync&hl=en

This really helped me alot and gave me pics ! You can even set like frequency of pic updates and there's an option to sync only when on Wi-Fi. Check it out. It's a real must-have tool for anyone who cannot get their pics updated via Facebook.

Reactions: invario

invario

Feb 14, 2009
Thanks, but figured it out. I just restored a backup of "SNSAccount 1.0" and "SNS 1.0" through Titanium and it worked!

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
I was just wondering does this rom have the scrollable toggles in the notification drop down

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Barebone SGS4G KJ6 ROM

Features
  • Will not wipe your programs or data, /data is preserved upon install
  • Heavily debloated. Most essentials apps are still there (like WiFi Calling)
  • No extra programs added, you need to add your own
  • ODEXed to save space in /data
  • CarrierIQ is completely removed
  • Extended Power Menu (including Screenshot)
    [*]Extended Quick Panel (10 buttons, including Data toggle)
  • 1% battery (horizontal)
  • CRT-Off
  • Time zone version 2012b
  • /etc/hosts to cut ads out of the box (keep up to date with AdAway or similar)
  • Few conservative presets in build.prop and init.d
  • Basic with a Twist 1.1.3 kernel included

Amazing what you kind find out on your own when you try... and also read!

goodintentions

Aug 14, 2010
Apologies for asking my question here. I couldn't find a q&a thread and I couldn't find an answer to my question.

After flashing this rom, I can't have speed above E (which is 2g). How do I get back to my 4G speed?

stephen_w

Jul 24, 2011
Memphis
Have you verified it's the ROM? Try flashing another ROM or go back to stock to see if 4G comes back. If not make sure your SIM card is seated well and/or not faulty.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
Finally got around to flashing this and this rom is great so far it flies but when I go to download an app from the play store it will download all the way but it won't install

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
Finally got around to flashing this and this rom is great so far it flies but when I go to download an app from the play store it will download all the way but it won't install

What is the play store version, has it updated itself to 3.7.13? There are some weird problems with this update, there are quite a few threads on the internet about it. If you already have this version you may want to downgrade the market (uninstall its updates.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Barebone SGS4G KJ6 ROM

Use at your own risk, I take no responsibility for anything that may happen to your phone because of this ROM.

Here is a ROM that I made for myself, but what the heck, let's share. This ROM is very stock-like with just few usability mods.

Features
    • Will not wipe your programs or data, /data is preserved upon install
    • Heavily debloated. Most essentials apps are still there (like WiFi Calling)
    • No extra programs added, you need to add your own
    • ODEXed to save space in /data
    • CarrierIQ is completely removed
    • Extended Power Menu (including Screenshot)
    • Extended Quick Panel (10 buttons, including Data toggle)
    • 1% battery (horizontal)
    • CRT-Off
    • Time zone version 2012b
    • /etc/hosts to cut ads out of the box (keep up to date with AdAway or similar)
    • Few conservative presets in build.prop and init.d
    • Basic with a Twist 1.1.3 kernel included

Notes
    * Don't get confused about ODEXing, it's actually better to run and saves quite a bit of space in /data.
    * Some Google apps (Maps, Streets, Voice) and Adobe Flash are removed from /system. Install them from market. Benefit - they can be moved to SD card this way.
    * Original Swype is removed, is somebody needs it flash this.
    * In case you need it, use this thread to add some bloat back.
    * Factory Reset is removed from Settings->Privacy, use CWM if you ever need to reset all data.
    * KJ6 modem included. Use this thread to flash a different modem if needed.

Install
    Flash with CWM. Wait until the system boots up, then wait few more minutes for it to settle.

Download
    v1.1.3
    v1.1.2
    v1.1.1
    v1.1.0
    v1.0.8

Changelog

Removed "Mobile data connection disabled. Connect?" popup on boot

Removed Factory Reset from Settings->Privacy
    Updated kernel

Fixed voicemail notifications not working without Visual Voice Mail installed

CIQ is properly removed
    Some neutral cosmetics (logo, animations)
    Minor update to the kernel

Fixed slow stock browser scrolling

Extended Quick Panel

Added Screenshot to power menu

Removed DriveSmart and Software Update from Settings menu

Put original framework-res.apk certificate back

Added power menu mod

Original public release
    does it have a screenshot option from the power menu??
    Nope, never bothered with power menu. I don't reboot the phone too often and to say the truth don't even remember when last time I needed to take a screenshot. I use ShootMe and QuickBoot when I need to, they both do the job just fine.

Yes, power menu is fully modded now, including Screenshot option.
    Added Quick Panel mod. 10 toggle buttons total to make exactly two pages. It's easier to scroll with 10 than 12, you don't overshoot to the 3rd page. Set the order of buttons to my own liking, don't ask me to change it.

Tried to add a mod where you can edit and move buttons, but it's too buggy.
    I updated the link. I actually took it down on purpose, wanted to look at something but never had time.

I was troubleshooting an error message during boot time, so I traced it to the CIQ trying to execute some on-boot code, which was removed by Krylon. Strangely the original code itself doesn't do much, it's initilizing a broadcast receiver with an empty onReceive method. Removing this was a moot point, it probably didn't do much. I disabled the BOOT_COMPLETED permission for the service to avoid the error message.

So I looked at the CIQ more closely. What I found is a little peculiar. The main CIQ code is integrated quite deeply into the framework, it cannot be removed easily, there are just too many calls that send various metrics to the CIQ Agent. The main CIQ classes are not in the framework.jar, they are in ext.jar. Probably that's why nobody noticed them and never tried to modify them. What is strange that many calls seem to be not implemented. For example the sumbitMetric is an empty method, shouldSubmitMetric always returns zero, etc.

It's possible that T-Mobile decided not to use CIQ on our phone (at least extensively), but instead of removing it completely just plugged few calls.

I'm removing the "CIQ removed" description because it's actually not removed, although may not be doing much.
    Couple recent changes:

- Added Screenshot to Power menu. Had to remove the menu title as well to fit it all on one page without scrolling. Screenshot functionality is using built-it ScreenCaptureService.

- DriveSmart and Software Updates are removed from Settings menu.