[PROGRAM] Command Line for Windows Mobile 6.1

Search This thread
I was looking for an easy installation of a command prompt for my windows mobile device (I keep it around as a hobby device) and I could not find a clear, concise, not to mention easy setup. So, I decided to create one of my own. I have assembled a modified version of the command prompt power toy, and a registry toggle script into one convenient installer. Instructions are included below:

Prerequisites:
Windows Mobile 2003, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1
MortScript - For the Toggle

Instructions:

After installation, delete the "setup.dll" files, you don't need them

Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line

Then, you may select the "Command Line" shortcut, and enjoy!

After exiting the Command Line, select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut once more to toggle the command line off, this will
prevent the command line from displaying at awkward moments, when commands are being issued to your device.

This setup has been tested/working on a Delll AXIM X51v, running a customized version of LennySH's WM6.1 ROM
with enhancements, and a SIP from VGAKeyboard.

2013 EDIT: I recently got back to this idea, and I have found a couple programs commonly used in the command line: Ping, and IPConfig. Just place the contents of the attached ZIP in the "WINDOWS" directory, and you will be able to invoke these through the command line.

Happy Hacking:cool:

XDALogo_Avail.png

Attachments

• CMD.png
    CMD.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 3,446
Last edited:

BorisMKD

Jan 10, 2012
Gevgelija
I was looking for an easy installation of a command prompt for my windows mobile device (I keep it around as a hobby device) and I could not find a clear, concise, not to mention easy setup. So, I decided to create one of my own. I have assembled a modified version of the command prompt power toy, and a registry toggle script into one convenient installer. Instructions are included below:

Prerequisites:

Instructions:

Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line

After exiting the Command Line, select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut once more to toggle the command line off, this will
prevent the command line from displaying at awkward moments, when commands are being issued to your device.

This setup has been tested/working on a Delll AXIM X51v, running a customized version of LennySH's WM6.1 ROM

XDALogo_Avail.png
Dude, this is awesome. My device is Omnia i900 with WM 6.5.3, I was wondering will this work on this device? Which cab should I download if its workin? Command Line or Command line for Windows Mobile?
And where to install? Device or My Storage?

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. Ok I got it, its the same file (LOL, stupid me). Feedback is following these days! :)

Last edited:
Dude, this is awesome. My device is Omnia i900 with WM 6.5.3, I was wondering will this work on this device? Which cab should I download if its workin? Command Line or Command line for Windows Mobile?
And where to install? Device or My Storage?

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. Ok I got it, its the same file (LOL, stupid me). Feedback is following these days! :)

Install directly into your device's memory.

haga15

Oct 15, 2009
opening mscr file error

"... Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line..."

After running CMD Toggle I get a "No application associated" error. How can I run a .mscr file ?

MortScript Needed!

"... Next, when activating the progeram, you must first select the "CMD Toggle" shortcut in the "Command Line" Folder
in your "Start Menu/Programs" subfolder - this will toggle the registry, and allow you to display the command line..."

After running CMD Toggle I get a "No application associated" error. How can I run a .mscr file ?

You must have MortScript installed first...

You can get it Here: http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?module=download&action=list&entry=18

First of all, thanks for your application. It works fine on a very old i-mate 9502 of mine. Nevertheless, please, if possible, turn the fonts much bigger, or, at least with their sizes selectable, because on a 2.8" screen it is virtually impossible for an old man to read anything. :D

I think you'll need to adjust your device's resolution manually... I have made no changes to the size of the displayed text.

I think you'll need to adjust your device's resolution manually... I have made no changes to the size of the displayed text.
The fonts shown in your app top bar are fine. The tiny fonts are shown on the open terminal window; command iputs echoes and outputs from the system are really small. No other cab files I installed so far produce such small texts. Thanks, anyway.

D

Deleted member 1890170

cmd.exe uses system font. If not content with its size / shape, then you have to change system's font settings. :)

Reactions: casouzaj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Prerequisites:

Instructions:

2013 EDIT: I recently got back to this idea, and I have found a couple programs commonly used in the command line: Ping, and IPConfig. Just place the contents of the attached ZIP in the "WINDOWS" directory, and you will be able to invoke these through the command line.

XDALogo_Avail.png
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    cmd.exe uses system font. If not content with its size / shape, then you have to change system's font settings. :)