The Useless Thread- Off Topic Lounge

Search This thread

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
OH YEAH I HAVE A BUG ON MY PHONE THAT I NEED HELP WITH

Now I know that I just all-caps'd it but when I take photos with the flash on, it's exposure isn't even in the whole phone.
There's actually a definitive line you can notice.

Anyone else get this problem?

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus
OH YEAH I HAVE A BUG ON MY PHONE THAT I NEED HELP WITH

Now I know that I just all-caps'd it but when I take photos with the flash on, it's exposure isn't even in the whole phone.
There's actually a definitive line you can notice.

Anyone else get this problem?
Is this the line you're talking about?

e93eaec797e4f75be334e0d78971c6df.jpg

I got it in one of the different modes, can't remember which one though.

Message has been Baconized

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
Is this the line you're talking about?

e93eaec797e4f75be334e0d78971c6df.jpg

I got it in one of the different modes, can't remember which one though.

YES This is the line!
So it's not my device only
That's cause for concern.... Hmmmmm though when I use flash in Clear Image I don't get it.
I think it's there when we use flash on auto mode sometimes
But I actually remembered it when I was using Miui earlier, tried taking a picture and it had the line.
Ended up reverting to PAC cause I didn't find the off screen gesture options for Miui. No double tap to wake? I barely use my Power button. That's reserved for rebooting and taking photos lol
Double tap to wake and double tap status bar is really convenient

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus
YES This is the line!
So it's not my device only
That's cause for concern.... Hmmmmm though when I use flash in Clear Image I don't get it.
I think it's there when we use flash on auto mode sometimes
But I actually remembered it when I was using Miui earlier, tried taking a picture and it had the line.
Ended up reverting to PAC cause I didn't find the off screen gesture options for Miui. No double tap to wake? I barely use my Power button. That's reserved for rebooting and taking photos lol
Double tap to wake and double tap status bar is really convenient
The only custom Rom I've run are the CM nightlies, but only briefly before returning to CM11S. That's the first time stock Rom has been my go to, but it just kinda works like it should..

Anyway, I pre-ordered the Nexus 9 today :D

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
Those are the only two networks in my country lol There's a rumor of a third network that's coming but I don't have any info on that topic.

I have wifi at home, though we pay about... $40 USD for 10megabits/s (which sucks cause download speed is really 1.1MB/s)

And the wifi at my University is extra ****ty because of all the people using it. Main reason why I want data lol though I have classes only 3 days for the week..

1.1 MB/s is good considering a 10 mbps line yields at best 1.25 MB/s

8 megabits (Mb) equals 1 megabyte (MB)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
1.1 MB/s is good considering a 10 mbps line yields at best 1.25 MB/s

8 megabits (Mb) equals 1 megabyte (MB)

The wifi isn't all that bad but the traffic is kinda sucky all the time. Over 170 ping for Dota 2, I end up lagging a lot. Plus it's somewhat unreliable. Recently it's been dropping for no reason.
The price is kinda high too. We're paying the same price that Time Warner Cable has for their 15mbps for, but my internet speed is 10mbps.
Doesn't seem like much of a difference but I'm sure it's noticeable.

Anyway, it's Divali or Diwali in our country today. So Divali/Diwali greetings to all of you :eek:

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
The wifi isn't all that bad but the traffic is kinda sucky all the time. Over 170 ping for Dota 2, I end up lagging a lot. Plus it's somewhat unreliable. Recently it's been dropping for no reason.
The price is kinda high too. We're paying the same price that Time Warner Cable has for their 15mbps for, but my internet speed is 10mbps.
Doesn't seem like much of a difference but I'm sure it's noticeable.

Anyway, it's Divali or Diwali in our country today. So Divali/Diwali greetings to all of you :eek:
Look at it like this: at least you have WiFi. Not a whole lot of people out there do. ;)

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
What do you guys think about the RAW image option?

I don't know how to edit photos on my PC plus I don't have the software installed either so it wouldn't make a big difference for me. I'm good with the Clear Image auto exposed and balanced setting we have already.
But I do like that we have the option to process these images ourselves, and by watching the video from Tek Syndicate on Youtube, I see the changes that can be made and how it really affects the image.

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
I already have a 60" 1080p tv but a 150+ inch screen projected on my living room wall sounds intriguing. Movie nights would be awesome! But I may get the ps4 instead. Then the projector later on. Kind of promise the Xbox 360 to my son. Plus I don't trust my wife buying electronics for me. A ps4 would be easy for her to pick out..lol.

Reactions: fredzen14

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
Amazon Firestick $39 2x ram, 4x memory, dual core, and faster streaming than Chromecast. But can I do the things I'm able to do with Chromecast?

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
Both of them are great options for those who cut the cable. I can basically watch anything I find on the internet then stream it to my big screen(or hd projector..) either from my PC or mobile device. I really don't need Netflix, Hulu, or any paid video streaming service. Only bill I have to pay is for internet.

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
Both of them are great options for those who cut the cable. I can basically watch anything I find on the internet then stream it to my big screen(or hd projector..) either from my PC or mobile device. I really don't need Netflix, Hulu, or any paid video streaming service. Only bill I have to pay is for internet.

I'd actually build a gaming PC if I had the money to buy an HD projector or a PS4 LOL

That new Pentium Anniversary Edition is a BEAST although it's a dual core.
Plus GPU's are fairly cheap now. I have a 32" LED Sceptre TV that I use as a monitor for my laptop so a mid range DDR5 GPU would be great (about $120-$150 USD)
A cheap build to play 720p games should be about $300 - $350 USD

By the way guys how much do you think a 17.3 inch HP DV7 equipped with an i7 (quad) 2.4-3.4ghz with 2gb nVidia GT635M (DDR3), 8gb RAM and a 1tb HDD goes for these days?
I really want to sell my laptop, I just don't know if I'm under pricing or over pricing it.
I want to ask for about $700 (cause it's used a little)

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
Hey guys, sad to say that I've given up my OnePlus One and bought into Samsung (I know, not the smartest thing to do)
I'd like to see this thread used more often though, it was on page 9!

Anybody got any thoughts and views on OxygenOS 5.0 for the OnePlus One? I like how it looks so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The USB/charging cable is funny-looking and a bit short :)

I actually like the USB charging cable, wish it longer in length though. A bit short and just long enough to put it on my desk. I like how the package was uniformly red
    Now I know that I'm new to this device and it's forum but I'm so used to having a random place to post literally anything that was on my mind about my current device in it's forum that I thought it would be a great idea to start a replica thread for this device :)

I hope this proves to be useful and helps strengthen the OnePlus One's community and get users acquainted with each other and their various views and opinions.

And please, remember the forum rules and always remember to be respectful to each other.

Have a great day :fingers-crossed:
    I got to play with my phone all the way from Paris to Marseille without my wife even batting an eye.. The trick is to buy lots and lots of wine.. ;)

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Eat the pasta, rinse, repeat.

Transmitted via Bacon