Bluetooth problem with your car? Please read

Search This thread

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
Bringing back this thread... I'm getting a Kenwood DNX9980HD unit installed in my Mitsubishi this afternoon and I wanted to see if anyone had this unit and whether or not it works with the Charge.

mrdiode

Jan 2, 2011
Year: 2010
Make: Hyundai
Model: Genesis Coupe 3.8 Touring

BT connection intermittently cuts out when streaming audio

triton302

Feb 7, 2010
NoVA
Bringing back this thread... I'm getting a Kenwood DNX9980HD unit installed in my Mitsubishi this afternoon and I wanted to see if anyone had this unit and whether or not it works with the Charge.

Anyone that is wondering this as well, it works fine. The only thing I haven't tested is the audio playback from the phone over BT, but the unit makes and receives calls just fine, and the phone's address book loads perfectly.

lonndoggie

May 31, 2011
Failing for me. Droid Charge (my third!), Nissan LEAF.

My OG Droid and my wife's Droid 2 Global both work perfectly (I haven't tried music playback with her phone, but it's fine with the old Droid).

With the Charge, it'll pair, but upon receiving a call, it'll drop BT audio, which made me think the call was dropped, but it wasn't. Comical for the folks on the other end, who could hear me fussin' and cussin' while I tried to figure out what was going on, but I couldn't hear them.

I've tried the workaround to kill the pb service, which seemed to work...except that I couldn't get music playback to work when I tried it last night. Which may have been partially due to another Charge problem, which is that the SD card becomes unusable for media playback: You can see music and video files, but all players refuse to play them. Played havoc with a custom ringtone I was using--calls would come in silently, 'cause the ringtone couldn't be played. After my BT music playback attempt, I noticed I couldn't play music at all (or local videos). A reboot fixed that. I'll try the BT music playback later today, see if it's OK now.

This phone could be great...if it wasn't so buggy.

EDIT: Playing music works (except for the occasional skip) when the "kill the service" workaround is used, and when the SD card hasn't gone missing.

Last edited:

mwales

May 13, 2009
1997 chevy astro
2006 ford freestar

Both with sony xplod aftermarket headunits. Here are some observations i have made.

I think that when it senses wifi connections, it will cause your a2dp stream to drop out for a second or two. My drive to work has a few miles of rural roads where it would be fine the whole time, but as soon as i got into a resedential neighborhood it would start to give my drop outs. It seems to be a lot better behaved now that i turn wifi off while driving and listening to my a2dp streams.

I have occasional issues with the initial pairing, but it is cured 99% of the time by toggling bluetooth on and off.

I also used to have problems with all the media decoders start not working all of a sudden until i rebooted the phone. I had no idea what event caused this to happen, but it happened 3 or 4 times. After some frustration and googling, i found a forum post where someone with a samsung phone said they were having the same problem, and it only started happening for him after he installed the twitter application. I uninstalled twitter, and the problem has not repeated for me since.

rgarrett101

Oct 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have a Droid charge myself and ran into some bluetooth issues and with mine personally found out that it was the 4G LTE signal that was messing with the bluetooth. I went to settings/wireless/mobile network/system selection and turned the LTE off. Since then all has been well. I have a pioneer bluetooth enabled radio and blueant earpiece that was having the exact same issues. So just putting my thoughts in on this matter.

Edvard_Greig

May 7, 2007
Denver
Make: Volvo
Model: XC60

Generally works, although there is no audio streaming, just Headset profile connection. Periodically the connection will disappear, but generally works.

zzeyfzz

Aug 12, 2011
No fancy car
Jabra2 bluetooth speaker

When I dial out, the person on the other line hears nothing but I hear them just fine. I turn on only what I need so no data connections are interfering with it. It always is connected and pairs fine. I always try bluetooth first, but usually it doesn't work, and I end up resorting to speakerphone.

The microphone used to cut out on me on my phone with regular phonecalls through the actual phone, but that has since resolved.

rand4ll

Jan 16, 2011
Mine works fine with microsoft sync in my f150...streaming audio, calls both ways, phonebook download and voice commands

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

troyk9

Sep 6, 2011
Dnx 9880 hd

I love the screen on my Charge and Love being able to watch my Netflix movies streamed in brilliant color but I am very disappointed with the bluetooth capability. I have a DNX 9880 HD and I can DL only the incoming calls, outgoing calls, and missed calls to my head unit. It will not D/L the phonebook nor will it make direct calls from the head unit. I must call using my phone then let the head unit pick up the call in use. Also I had to disable the LTE network and set the phone to cdma because of the constant signal loss from auto switching between networks. Now I still suffer signal loss frequently but not as frequently. Great screen but terrible guts :( Can you hear me now? No .... :( I hope Verizon and Samsung fix this phone soon.

beavermjr

Dec 29, 2009
Albany
Honda accord
2010 coupe with sat radio.

Paired fine initially. I must reboot the phone and manually connect every time i start car. Simply turning bluetooth off and back on does not help as manual connect fails.

Once a week the phone forgets that it has paired with the car and I'm forced to repair with the car. I have installed all the upgrades available and still have problems. If this is a problem never addressed by Samsung, I'll switch models down the road.

I used to have an LG 8600 dumb phone that connected perfectly every time.

Last edited:

SoCalNewb

Oct 5, 2010
Year: 2009
Make: Acura
Car Model: TL 3.7 Tech SH-AWD
Phone Model: Droid Charge

Issues: With the stock ROM, I experienced Intermittent pauses when playing music over Bluetooth (A2DP profile). Music is stored locally on phone, so the issue is not related to cell network streaming. This issue was resolved when I flashed Gummy Charged 2.0 FE, imosenon lean kernel 2.1, EP1W radio, and V6 supercharger.

Very interested in what is causing this. My thunderbolt, DroidX, and Droid Incredible had no such issues on the stock ROM.

metalco

Oct 20, 2011
Chicago
Year: 2011
Make: Jaguar
Model: XJ L SC
Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2, i777 (AT&T) rooted, Stock Rom, 2.3.4 UCKH7

Problem: Won't auto connect. Receives a phonebook access request from car. Does nothing with it. Won't auto connect. I have to connect by selecting the paired device and on occasions turn bluetooth off and on to get it to connect. Once connected pretty much everything works although music through bluetooth low volume.

My BlackBerry Torch 9800 however worked PERFECT with all features on the same car.

The Samsung does work and autoconnect on my 2008 Lexus GX470 and my Clarion Head Unit in another car.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

year: 2011
Make: Jaguar
model: xj
requires manual reconnect each time I start the car
Hi,
same here with my Samsung Galaxy S2. Have you found a solution. I never had the problem with my Blackberry.

2011 Jaguar XJ L SC

metalco

Oct 20, 2011
Chicago
Problem Solved, Auto Connect SGS2 to Jaguar XJ now working

:) Problem solved, read on:
This seems to apply to a variety of other vehicles, namely Jaguar, Mercedes, Audi, some BMW, Nissan and Subaru.

You can get your phone bluetooth auto connect to your vehicle by trying the following:

Attention, I believe this works for rooted phones only.

Get a app such as Titanium Backup Pro or MyToolbox.
under System Apps freeze "Bluetooth Share".

Now my phone automatically connects to my Jaguar XJ and all features seem to work. Having gotten around to check the phonebook yet. But all recent number log show and all seems to work.

I am posting this here as this information may help the Samung engineers to id the cause and possible implement a solution.

Attention: I believe that may only work for rooted phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BMW - Samsung Charge Phone Book BlueTooth Workaround

Fix for this is counterintuitive. When you start your phone or restart bluetooth go to Settings>Applications>Running Services. Look for the Service "BluetoothPbapService". tap it, then hit stop. This removes it from the list. The phone pairs and uploads the phone book without problems until you either stop and restart bluetooth or turn your phone off. I am looking for a developer who can automate this process with an app without rooting the phone. Hope this helps.
    For rooted users:

go to /system/app/bluetoothpbap.apk and rename to bluetoothpbap.apk.bak. reboot your phone and pair again with your car.

This worked PERFECTLY for me, it works exactly the way it should now and the phonebook/everything is all good. :D :D :D
    Issue solved for me

Somebody on another forum pointed me to the Bluetooth Phonebook app available on the Play Store from from android-rsap. It solved the problem of contacts not getting imported from my DROID Bionic. It cost only and there's a trial version you can try for free. But beware: the trial version deliberately corrupts the imported phone numbers -- use it only to verify that it will solve your problem. If it doesn't work, unpair your phone so that the corrupted numbers are no longer in your vehicle's directory. If it does work, buy the paid version and resync.

Vehicle: Toyota Prius 2012
    Phone: DROID Bionic
    Android version: 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

Finally I found what was the problem.... the munber of contacts... if you gather Google, Facebook, Linkedin, etc the number of contact increase dramatically then your car is not able to load them all and disconnect.
    I selected google contact only and now everthing is fine
    :good::good:
    by the way I have tried Bluetooth Phonebook and was useless for my problem
    Do you have a problem with your bluetooth on your Samsung device working correctly with your vehicles bluetooth? Does it get disconnected? Does it not even pair? Does the problem seem to be occurring with the phonebook being downloaded? If you are encountering this or any other bluetooth related problems with your Samsung device. Please post the following like below:

Make: BMW
    Car Model: M3 Coupe
    Phone Model: Droid Charge

I'm in contact with a software engineer at Samsung, we need to get this issue PROPERLY resolved. This issue is not with our car manufacturer (as Samsung like to put the blame on them), but instead with Samsung. Numerous models of their phones do not successfully pair or only temporarily hold a pair with vehicle installed bluetooth kits. I believe this to be a problem with the Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) on Samsung devices specifically as all other model phones successfully pair with my vehicle.

Please post in this thread if you are encountering or encountered any issues!
    2007 Mercedes Benz S550
    Droid Charge

Sent From My VooDood Charge