Cyanogen Rom 6 RC1

Search This thread

dusty_nz

May 5, 2008
This thread was initially an inquiry on the Cyanogen Rom however is now a Rom thread so here we go.

Background on the Rom is here http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about

On the Hd2/Leo mod see here http://pastebin.com/BBf1hr50

INSTRUCTIONS

Cyanogen Mod RC1 - Leo build by Zego WITH ADOBE FLASH and 3G WORKING

There is a new nice build called CM6-HTCLEO (Cyanogen Mod RC1 - Zeto)
It needs a lot of prep work to get to good working order, then its really good.
I have also managed to get adobe flash working. (It doesn't work out of the box)

This build
(after all the steps) have gps, camera (with proper flash exposure), camcorder, camera flash/led/torch, adobe flash, nice look and most other goodies available.

Here are the steps

1) Download cm6-htcleo.7z from:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kzo7fxi2hp917s8

2) Download phone button (keypad) fix:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qrs4w0kd470keqm

3) Download MTU fix from:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tqggvgrzb79gm24
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JL368N3N

4) Download Cotulla 23 July nospeed zimage from:
http://cotulla.pp.ru/leo/Android/Cotulla_zImage_CABDET_NOSPEEDDY.rar

5) Extract the cm6-htcleo.7z file and put the cm6-htcleo to your sd card root.

6) Extract the cm6-htcleo_keypadfix.7z file and put the FOLDER NAMED root UNDER cm6-htcleo folder in your sd card. (Not to sd card root folder. I really mean a folder named root. You will see it in the archive)

7) Extract the cm6-htcleo-datafix.zip file and put the FOLDER NAMED root UNDER cm6-htcleo folder in your sd card. Just merge them. (Say yes when windows asks) Credit: ElBartoME

8) Extract Cotulla_zImage_CABDET_NOSPEEDDY.rar
and put zimage file to cm6-htcleo folder and overwrite.

credit: cotulla

9) ONLY DO THIS STEP IF YOU CANNOT BOOT (linux complaining about mmcblk0): Open startup.txt with notepad and
replace the line
set cmdline "rel_path=cm6-htcleo"
with:
set cmdline "rel_path=cm6-htcleo loop_partition=mmcblk0"

credit: dusty_nz

10) Run clrcad and haret as usual but from cm6-htcleo folder. Once Android has booted start terminal app.

11) write
su
and press enter. It will ask for superuser permission. Tap allow.

12) write
mount -o rw,remount /system
and press enter. You should not get any response or error.

13) Now launch ES File Manager and tap \ on top left.
Navigate to /system/app and find

com.adobe.flashplayer apk file and delete it.

14) Power off your phone in a normal way and reboot to Android CM6.

15) Go to Market and install Adobe Flash 10.1 Beta 3 (use your gmail account)
Done!

Notes:
-FIRST BOOT WILL TAKE A LOT OF TIME! BE PATIENT. IT WILL TAKE A LOT LONGER THAN YOUR USUAL BUILDS.
-ADOBE FLASH does not work out of the box. You have to reinstall it but since it was cooked in to the rom as system app and you can't uninstall it, you need to mount /system directory read/write and delete flash so you can install it again. This time it works properly.
-You may not be able to boot if you do not edit the startup.txt
-You may not be able to wake up if you do not replace the zimage with the older 23 july one. You can use 25 july panel on off zimage if you CAN wake up from sleep. It depends on hd2 lcd panel type which is more than one.

Optional: Install Launcher Pro and make it default home screen to get a smoother experience.

After ALL these operations, this seems like the most functional build.

Cyanogen is normally a mod for android and someone named zego turned it into a hd2/leo build. A lot of stuff was missing and there was no central infromation. That was what I did. You don't need to read 6 pages to get this build working this good now.

I recommend disabling live wallpaper. Static wallpapers are faster. Formatting sd card beforehand and using a class 6 sdhc card is also recommended.

I don't have time to package all this stuff into a build. Maybe someone who does above steps can package it in a new single file and put to megaupload/mediafire (mskip/Mark?) For now you have to do it yourself. You will like the end result.
Packagers please don't call yourselves devs and give credit to original hard working people. Donation is also recommended.
I am sorry if I forgot to give credit to anyone.

I got all this information by reading all the pages of this thread and some more. Now you don't have to.

From makavelitha

Good
+ Successfully booted on the first try
+ Camcorder is finally working with the original HTC app (i hope someone will port this to the other android builds)
+ Flashlight is finally working with the original HTC Flashlight App
+ No SOD or GSOD with cotullas zImage 25.07 (maybe i have a Sharp Panel?)

Bad / Problems
- Bad Performance (especially at scrolling)
- Can't Download anything from the Market, i get always the message that my Storage Card is full, i've checked it and android shows me 0mb left on my SD Card, but i have more than 4GB free on this Card (it was working in all other Android Builds)
- Needs time to boot-up
- No or Bad Battery Management (already optimized in other Android Builds)
- USB Storage not working (already working in other Androids)
- Bluetooth finds other devices but can not be paired
- Compass works but it doesn't show magnetic north.
- Low volume issue is already known. During a call other party hears echo of his own sound when speaker is on. No echo in normal mode.

Performance Tweaks
Update I:

Using Cotulla zImage 7/25/10 makes a huge difference in speed!
The only thing still sluggish is scrolling through the apps....

Otherwise from that this is a very good build. Nice pre installed apps, good out-of-the-box build.

Update II:

Changing the application drawer to "Horizontal" like on the Galaxy S eliminates scrolling speed issues when scrolling through the apps.

Last edited:

dreambo

May 5, 2010
I am running it at this moment, it boots correctly until android froyo wizard.

It runs correctly for a minute and SOD :mad:
Ah it wake up, great :)

For the first time in the leo android world, the camera works :)

I give you more feedback later ...

Update:
- GPS works perfert
- Reboot not work, like other builds
- Import contact from SD not works :(

perhaps the one based on RC2 will be better, where have you find the links for this build ?

Last edited:

idcom

I can't get this to boot.
Initrd keeps looking to mount /mnt/sdcard against /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 and falling over. I only have the one FAT32 partition on my sdcard which normally is at /dev/block/mmcblk0.

Also should I be extract the .tar.gz file into the CM6 directory or put it up at the root of the sdcard.

Thanks.

m4ck

Oct 14, 2007
I can't get this to boot.
Initrd keeps looking to mount /mnt/sdcard against /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 and falling over. I only have the one FAT32 partition on my sdcard which normally is at /dev/block/mmcblk0.

Also should I be extract the .tar.gz file into the CM6 directory or put it up at the root of the sdcard.

Thanks.

Try replace cmd cmdline

nordicfastware

Oct 6, 2009
Copenhagen
any changelog of this mod/port ?

Yeah I agree guys, can you please be a bit more specific about what is additional from other froyo with/witout sense or Eclair?

readme file does ntoe give much in fact.... A couple of screen shots would be fantastic...;-)

general statement: Donate, so all mods/chefs/devs can eventually pay some flowers or perfums or sex toys to their girls friends (all of them so angry that they spend so much time developing stuf !!!)

voiceofid

Nov 14, 2007
Tampa, FL
the build is done by Zego from the IRC channel compiled from source of CyanogenMod 6.0.0 release candidate 1

I tried it last night and it gives me SOD repeatedly, it's fast, but the SOD is killing me, I am falling back to Darkstone's FroyoV1

dusty_nz

May 5, 2008
Hmmmm

Not booting for me.

Formatted a SD card. Single Fat32 partition.

Extracted zip to \cm6-htcleo\startup.txt etc.

Changed the Startup.txt to

error
/init: line 88: mmcblk0=mmcblk0: not found

Logical sector size is zero
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0 on mnt/sdcard failed: invalid argument

AirwolfUK

Aug 24, 2006
booted first time - took a while but OK

Loaded with apps
camera working
Video recorder working
GPS working
man it's fast..........

will test further and report back

dusty_nz

May 5, 2008
Not booting for me.

Formatted a SD card. Single Fat32 partition.

Extracted zip to \cm6-htcleo\startup.txt etc.

Changed the Startup.txt to

error
/init: line 88: mmcblk0=mmcblk0: not found

Logical sector size is zero
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0 on mnt/sdcard failed: invalid argument

took out the set cmdline "rel_path=cm6-htcleo loop_partition=mmcblk0" ands its booting further. Got wizard

pappadj

Sep 20, 2009
I for one am excited for this development. The collaboration from the devs here along with cyanogens work is fantastic. Any chance of getting cyanogen directly involved and/or once a build is completed would an official thread on this be desired?

I am not a coder but I'm working on it. Until then I'm just a fan and a donor. I've been a long term user of cyanogens work and I can safely say with the joint efforts of everyone here, this would be a powerful development. Keep up t the awesome work!

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App