[KERNEL] ATTI317UCAMA4 - Rooted, Unsecure, bootanimation & init.d support

Search This thread

NunHugger

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Like the title says...nothing more than stock kernels with support for the following:
  • Rooted
  • Unsecured for adb access
  • bootanimation support - place bootanimation.zip in system/media folder
  • init.d support

Download and flash via recovery.
ATTI317UCAMA4KernelCWM_BA.zip

For those who prefer the stock bootanimation...here is the same kernel without bootanimation support.
ATTI317UCAMA4KernelCWM.zip

Last edited:

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
I don't think this stops the OTA from trying to install. There's multiple reasons it won't work. You changed your baseband, kernel and you have a custom recovery. Your best bet is to freeze the software update in tibu. Other option would be going back to stock build and recovery and taking the OTA. Afaik you can be rooted and still install the OTA...you'll just lose root. Its everything else that's causing it to fail

Last edited:
Reactions: NunHugger

NunHugger

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2009
Des Moines, IA
this wont install or work. tried a few times and phone still tried to update but fails because im rooted. The BA version works though

What do you mean by does not work? When you try to boot up does it hang on the Samsung logo? Does it bootloop?

These are just kernels. Not gateways to updates or updates themselves. This is but a piece of the update. Just put it up to share for those who might want it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Froid

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
The non ba version just wont install. Thats all. The other one does

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

josegcordero

Jul 23, 2007
Hey im having the same problem with the non ba kernel. It flashes successfully in cwm. But in about phone shows previous kernel version.

poorangus

Mar 9, 2008
Which kernel is this?

Please see the kernel specs below. Is that what this is?

3.0.31-578342
se.infra@SEP-80 #1
SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan 18 11:25:25 KST 2013

Also - does this kernel support loop devices?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like the title says...nothing more than stock kernels with support for the following:
    • Rooted
    • Unsecured for adb access
    • bootanimation support - place bootanimation.zip in system/media folder
    • init.d support

Download and flash via recovery.
    ATTI317UCAMA4KernelCWM_BA.zip

For those who prefer the stock bootanimation...here is the same kernel without bootanimation support.
    ATTI317UCAMA4KernelCWM.zip
    I don't think this stops the OTA from trying to install. There's multiple reasons it won't work. You changed your baseband, kernel and you have a custom recovery. Your best bet is to freeze the software update in tibu. Other option would be going back to stock build and recovery and taking the OTA. Afaik you can be rooted and still install the OTA...you'll just lose root. Its everything else that's causing it to fail
    this wont install or work. tried a few times and phone still tried to update but fails because im rooted. The BA version works though

What do you mean by does not work? When you try to boot up does it hang on the Samsung logo? Does it bootloop?

These are just kernels. Not gateways to updates or updates themselves. This is but a piece of the update. Just put it up to share for those who might want it.