CyanogenMod ROM discussion thread

Search This thread

wishmasterwww

Jan 13, 2012
I think it's related to the launcher you use. I use Launcer 7, and in stock v20o, marvel or CM7 I have the option to hide status bar, but I can expand it even if it's not visible. So I think it depends on the launcer.

BoyBawang2

Nov 25, 2008
I think it's related to the launcher you use. I use Launcer 7, and in stock v20o, marvel or CM7 I have the option to hide status bar, but I can expand it even if it's not visible. So I think it depends on the launcer.
Please try to expand it from a real fullscreen apps like video, gallery and fullscreen game.
thanks

wishmasterwww

Jan 13, 2012
I just tested - only the main screen of the launcher, app drawer, and the mx video player have the option to expand the notification, in games or google skymap it doesn't work.

nomboly

Mar 20, 2012
The only way I know in which you can make the taskbar visible by swiping down just as you do in homescreen, but in a fullscreen app is with an special launcher, those launchers are USUALLY not good enough, laggy and slow. BUT ANYWAY this is not a Q&A thread this is to discuss the CM7 issue. Although I remember you said if it was possible in CM7 so your posts are correct.
maybe you can go to Q&A thread and ask it or first search the formus :)

androidjel

Apr 24, 2012
I have cm7.2 rc1 and im from the netherlands but now im in deutchland and i have no mobile signal what to do?

Lark987

Feb 22, 2011
koronadal city
Anyone experiencing google play Force close?.. latest version.. yesterday I can access my google play but today when Opening it ... it force closes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions/download can be found here:
    http://rootzwiki.com/forumdisplay.php?298-Optimus-Black-Developer-Forum

Attention: if you want to flash back a KDZ, make sure to wipe data in the recovery first.
    Another CM build

CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RC0 Optimus Black KANG build 20111210

README FIRST
    • This is my own 6th build, latest source synchronized. Built with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, and it's WORKING with my own device.
    • It contain "AUDIO-FIX" for muted incoming call ringtone. I've test it many times, incoming call ringtone should be ringing now.
    • The "audio-fix" has done by removing any bluetooth-audio #ifdef AUDIO_BLUETOOTH, but it has the consequences: Bluetooth headset can't be used in this build, since I don't have it :p and it makes the ringtone going well, then it's fine with me.. :)
    • Removing AUDIO_BLUETOOTH does not disabled Bluetooth transfer, you can still send/receive files.
    • The Media Volume doesn't fixed yet. I'm thinking that the problem is because volume level scale. When we change the Media volume, the indicator looks longer scale than Ringer volume, but I think the volume it has the same level as Ringer volume (it's about 8 scale).
    • Sometimes DSP Manager got error, I myself remove the DSP Manager.
    • I don't have problem with voice-call (earpiece) sound, and this build only fixing the incoming-call ringtone.
    • I don't have problem with 3G signal lost, I've test it to download Skype and Google+ from Market, and it's OK, no signal lost.
    • I've test this build with and without wipe data/cache (if you already had CM in your device). But if you lost your Google Account, just flash again gapps-universal.
    • ADW Launcher removed -since I don't really like it- :p and change it with Super AOSP Launcher2. This launcher is needed for system, but you are absolutely can install/using another launcher.
    • G button already assigned to sleep/awake the phone, but sometimes it only works to sleep, can't awake. I don't know (yet) why it happen, but sometimes it does happen randomly. It can also assigned as camera button (key 95 CAMERA WAKE_DROPPED), but it only to open the camera app and can not take picture with G-button.
    • Updates: It has been tested with Nova-kernel v11C (thanks to aprold for the updates). Now it's working fine, G-button for sleep/wake are still working perfectly occasionally. Correction: After long time deep sleep (me and my device) :D the G-button sometimes doesn't work to wake the phone. It seems comes from kernel, but I don't know for sure.

WARNING

This build is working fine with me, BUT I'm not responsible of what's gonna happen with your device. Use this at your own risk.

123wcpc.jpg
    30bidl0.jpg
    novcxh.jpg

LINK

cm720-RC0-P970-KANG-20111210.zip md5sum: 9db4961b66af66bdb2ad8229f8d8e151

Stock CM ADW Launcher

PS: If you don't like the included "Super AOSP Launcher2" from this build, then flash this Stock CM ADW Launcher via CMW-Recovery.

Further development

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p970
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com

Credits:
    CyanogenMod for the source,
    Ricardo arcee as the CM P970 developers,
    Huexxx for P970 "Super AOSP Launcher2" packages.
    aprold for the Nova-kernel v11C

Thanks for the test: gabwerkz and lesp4ul :)
    Another CM Build

CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RC0 Optimus Black KANG build 20111228

NOTES

• This is my own build, source synchronized merged to December 28, 2011. Built with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, and it's WORKING with my own device.
    • ADW Launcher removed, I change it with Zeam Launcher. Back to ADW Launcher, flash this zip.
    • Incoming Call Ringtone now should work with Bluetooth-headset, but no promise, as I don't have any to test it. So if someone who has Bluetooth-headset, you may test it. If it fail, well, then it still bugging :D
    • FM Radio should work, only at beginning then it bugging randomly the headset output.
    • Including my own audio driver fix at kernel, so it's *NOT* compatible (yet) with any Nova-kernel/Huexx-kernel, they need to include my fix to make it work. But you can try yourself by flashing Huexxx/Nova-kernel, and tell me what's happen after... :p
    • G-button still the same, assigned to power sleep/wake, I think it's working fine right now, I don't know why.
    • I've test this build with and without wipe data/cache (if you already had CM in your device). But sometimes if you lost your Google Account, just flash again gapps-universal.

The audio seems not easy to understand. At beginning, the sound was okay. Then something happen after long away FM Radio suspended, the headset doesn't work (again) with FM Radio/Music Player. FM Radio only sounds when it changed to speaker out. But the question is about media volume level, it's working 15 scale, not 5 scale as mode IN_CALL (voice call). I don't understand it yet, still learning the process :cool:

The things that will reset the headset settings are making a call (even just make a missed call), and the headset will working again for FM Radio + Music. What confusing me is the relation between Headset = Bluetooth = FM Radio at the resources, I think it's connected each other, and the main problem is how to have the correct audio routing.

The conclusion: AUDIO still having bugs, occasionally.

CHANGELOG: Only merged gingerbread branch, not including 'cherry pick' from temasek's build, just my notes above.

WARNING: This build is working fine with me, and I'm using it right now. BUT I'm not responsible of what's gonna happen with your device. Use this at your own risk.

I was consider this build as for TEST only,
    it depends your own experience.

wgux42.jpg

LINK

cm720-RC0-P970-KANG-20111228.zip MD5 checksum: d88074b1f72486f01a377c9eb2b539ca

CREDITS

CyanogenMod, main source code.
    Ricardo "arcee", main developers of CM for P970.
    cloakt, ZEAM Launcher developers.
    and LG Open Source Code.

And thanks for the conversation about building kernel, knzo and aprold ;)
    temasek's KANG build P20-1

Yes, I'm back (for now) and since u guys want changelog, here it is. Also I removed date and used numbers instead to easier manage my builds for all my devices.

Changelog

Merged commits up-to
    Change I3b4c05f8: Refactor lockscreen status views
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Cherry-Picks
    Change Icec955bd: Dialpad: T9 Dialer - Additional Fixes
    Change I5ec0b565: Dialpad: perform search when retrieving last dialled number
    Change Ibef23046: Added option to use either removable SD card or internal memory

Bookmark these sites for future reference, or check my sig for links.

Download from:
    http://www.mediafire.com/temasek
    http://minus.com/temasek

EDIT: Upz!
    So when we could get some Experimental/Nightly ROM release? From video it looked like it's stable enough to make release.

Usually when someone starts a port, he has this mindset:
    - Open thread in XDA announcing port
    - Start port, make it boot
    - Share source so people can help him
    - Fix port, post updates and betas
    - Port ready for RC
    - Check for merging possibility into official repo: if it doesn't break other devices -> merge
    -- If merged: nightlies start being released, sources are released to official repo and fixing continues.
    -- If not merged: release RC0 unofficially and continue or not the fixing OR discard everything and forget Black

Now, I sent a PM to Ricardo Cerqueira aka rmcc or cm_arcee who is doing the port but I've been so far ignored. I asked if he was kind enough to share the device set up.
    I also requested it in his google+ and I'm pretty sure he read it but so far nada. But gotta respect it, he's the one working.

Seems, judging also from Optimus 3D port, that the way he does things is:
    - Start port, make it boot
    - Fix port, no updates or betas for anyone
    - Port ready for RC
    - Merge it into offical repo and nightlies start

Now, Black for being an OMAP3 device has really high chances of being merged without problems. And once it's merged we'll have access to the source. But if for some reason, it can't be merged (which I doubt), I don't know if CM for black will ever see the light of day or even if he will release it unofficially or send any of us the sources so we can.

So, to sum up:
    - Probable-scenario: you'll get CM when nightlies start, this can take a while (week(s)).
    - Best-scenario: he releases temporary betas as the fixing goes on or at least sends me them or anyone else so that user can share them. Then, nightlies start.
    - Worst-scenario: he doesn't release betas or the source and it can't be merged into official repo, so he just deletes everything and moves on to another device.