[Partially Solved] wifi dropping after ICS (p6800)

Search This thread

shotgunrox

Apr 21, 2010
Can you tell us what that is?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This is the MODEM from the Portuguese ROM.

Gathering from posts in this thread, this is the modem firmware from a honeycomb rom (LA3) for Portugal.

My question to shotgunrox is, could any honeycomb (e.g., LA2) for any country work? If not, why does it have to be this one (LA3, Portugal)?

Well, i'm not sure, but it worked in my brazillian tab, i guess the brazillian and portuguese versions of thee tab 7.7 gotta be the same.

What you can do is download the honeycomb ROM from your country, extract the modem.bin file and flash it using ODIN, or you can flash any one that has the same baseband.

Sorry for my bad english.

rotorheadman

Oct 25, 2009
I've tried HK, Portugal, and Austrian HC modems still the same problem. I can be connected for hour then bam disconnect and shows not in range even neighbors routers. I hate to go back to HC.

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
I've tried HK, Portugal, and Austrian HC modems still the same problem. I can be connected for hour then bam disconnect and shows not in range even neighbors routers. I hate to go back to HC.

Does restarting get your wife back temporally? Mine does.
I just changed the wifi sleep setting to never, to see if it helps.

c4Lvin

Apr 18, 2005
City of Roses
Yeah I am quite fed up with the wifi issues. It always disconnects at 1030pm when I get home from work. At work I am connected and never has a problem. I am on my way to work and see what happens. The funny thing is that I don't lose any connection at work whatsoever. I cannot connect to anything since last night. Tried restarting, rebooting, etc. Thanks and I have a HK 7.7 as well.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

pimpnyak

Jan 3, 2010
I had a similar problem In honeycomb.

The only way to fix the issue was to change the router maximum speed to G.

It didn't make too much of a difference and it never drops connection anymore.

Maybe you can try that and see if it helps?

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
Yeah I am quite fed up with the wifi issues. It always disconnects at 1030pm when I get home from work. At work I am connected and never has a problem. I am on my way to work and see what happens. The funny thing is that I don't lose any connection at work whatsoever. I cannot connect to anything since last night. Tried restarting, rebooting, etc. Thanks and I have a HK 7.7 as well.

Interesting. Based on the above, any chance your work wifi is g, and your home wifi is n?

c4Lvin

Apr 18, 2005
City of Roses
OK I'm back at work and it INSTANTLY Connects here. Whereas at home I tried everything possible and won't connect. I have connected a few times and runs great but all of a sudden, it would just disconnect and NEVER connect again other than when I get back to my office's wifi? This is insane! It's like the office's WiFi is the FIX to everything. Tonight, i will shutdown my WIFI then go home and turn back on WIFI to connect at home and see how it goes. IT's really really REALLY irritating!!!

Regarding my routers, I'm sure both are in all mixed modes. ABGN or whatever. Thanks!

CK563

Feb 7, 2006

Looks like it's making the tab "Family Friendly" :)
Joking aside, I am having the same issue, too. Even after flashing with Mobile ODIN over the ODIN flash.

It stayed connected all day yesterday to work and my mobile router. This morning it didn't stay with my home routers (two of them due to walls). Have to reboot twice already. But at least wifi comes back after reboot.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Interesting. Based on the above, any chance your work wifi is g, and your home wifi is n?

FYI:

At home I have two routers, an old one at g, another at n.
Won't connect to either one when it wants to quite wifi-ing.

Reactions: c4Lvin

rotorheadman

Oct 25, 2009
I've tried so many different ways to flash and changing my routers to G mode only. I even downloaded the torrent to make sure sammobile rom wasnt bad. I also flashed to ICS from HC w/mobile odin and changing the modem to HK.

c4Lvin

Apr 18, 2005
City of Roses
Thanks for posting suggestions guys! But reflashing rewiping redownloading is just a waste of time. Don't do it as I've tried it. It's got something to do with the ROM itself and the encryption or something for that matter. I've tried the above on a clean ROM while on SETUP it's the same thing!!! So for the guys who are running fine at the moment, they will eventually feel the problem once they log onto different access points I believe. Good luck to all.

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
my tab came from the latest tweaked stock ROM before upgrading to ICS, I didn't wipe, I simple overwrote everything via ODIN

what happened is that there's a lot of access points near my place of work, using the former tweaked stock rom, I'm having problems connecting to some of the access points, it'll just do "connecting..." then "obtaining IP" then will go back to scanning again, it never connects,

After ICS upgrade, it can connect to all the free connections in the neighborhood, it also successfully connected to those access points where my previous ROM wouldn't connect

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
My latest theory, it is the 5ghz band that's messed up in ICS. At home l can still connect to my 2.4 ghz N band occasionally, but never the 5 ghz.

Those that think your wifi is working flawlessly, try to download wifi analyser (by farproc ) app, and force your tab to scan at the 5 ghz to see if it's really working.

This app crashes my wifi every time.

Last edited:

boxhead72

Oct 5, 2011
Sydney
My latest theory, it is the 5ghz band that's messed up in ICS. At home l can still connect to my 2.4 ghz N band occasionally, but never the 5 ghz.

Those that think your wifi is working flawlessly, try to download wifi analysis app, and force your tab to scan at the 5 ghz to see if it's really working.

Same 5ghz drops out. 2.4 no problem. It started with HC

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
Same 5ghz drops out. 2.4 no problem. It started with HC

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app

Mine doesn't just drop out connection with 5 ghz. It actually never successfully connected to the 5ghz. It crashed the wifi when trying to connect to 5ghz band. That is, it completely killed wifi until restart.

Last edited:

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
Seizing no simulation to this problem, and I'm getting too sick to restart my tablet 20 times a day. I'm reverting back to honeycomb

Samsung you really suck!

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
Thanks for posting suggestions guys! But reflashing rewiping redownloading is just a waste of time. Don't do it as I've tried it. It's got something to do with the ROM itself and the encryption or something for that matter. I've tried the above on a clean ROM while on SETUP it's the same thing!!! So for the guys who are running fine at the moment, they will eventually feel the problem once they log onto different access points I believe. Good luck to all.

I've used the 7.7 on about 5 different WAPs since upgrading to ICS and haven't had any issues.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Those that think your wifi is working flawlessly, try to download wifi analyser (by farproc ) app, and force your tab to scan at the 5 ghz to see if it's really working.

This app crashes my wifi every time.

Hmm...I can scan 5 GHz WAPs with that app..

Last edited:
Reactions: ezynow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After upgrading to ICS, i did a wipe at one point, and then, it wont connect to wifi at all.

So i flashed back to honecomb with pc odin, rooted, and use mobile odin to flashed ICS again.

Now it connects to wifi, but regularly dropping connection. To reconnect, i need to either toggle wifi on/off, or sometime even reboot.

Anyone else seeing this?

===================
    EDIT: The wifi connection problem is parially solved by installing an app called wifi fixer. See post #53 on page 6.
    Hi all, I have finally get my Tab working on wifi without any problems now.running stock ICS without root and my tab is malaysia set XME.I realize this is because of the wifi regional issue.My modem is TP-Link model TD-W8960N what I do is on my router configuration on the wireless section I changed my BSSID from Malaysia channel to all channels.now my wifi working very great so far no drop at all even in sleep mode,changing tou United States channel also working but to be sure I set to all channels.hope this will help.:)
    Yes. Same here. I reloaded the ROM multiple time and it seem ok now. At one point after it is working, I tried this to root. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28273745&postcount=213

As soon as the CWM is loaded, the wifi failed again. Had to re-load a few time and got boot loop as well. Finally got it to work on one of the re-load and I am keep my hands off any mod for now. It is better to have stock ICS working than root working.

Mine is not working with or without root... :(
    Mate I am also working hard to sort out this issue ! I have flashed five rams so far but all have thFINALLY i am going back to honeycomb.
    If you get success with any of RAM let me know.
    With my apple life was quite easier than this but I just fooled to phone and tablet feature of this.
    Any ways this is life.
    Will be successful with Honeycomb!

Well, i have the same feeling, I'm on HC now and I endup in use it... In compares with ICS is far more aimed to tablets so except the fact that launcher is slow, everything is working as it should... I can do my job, it's easy have confcalls, in the same time to search the e-mails and the web, the cameras are good eough... i have a SDHC class 10 32 GB and I can see the movies with subtitles easily... All in one, i have nothing to complain abut HC... WHY ICS? because it exist, rather than that...I don't know...give me some arguments to upgrade to ICS... and see if they are worth the effort...

Ionut
    There is a new ics build from Samsung (for India P6800).

I've been testing it for a couple of hours, trying to reproduce the wifi bug, and until now I could not reproduced it.

Enviado de meu GT-P6800 usando o Tapatalk 2

EDIT:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1825144&page=5

OP Updated

GT-P6800 - India - DDLP5: Date: 2012-08-21
    PDA: P6800DDLP5
    CSC: P6800ODDLP5
    Regions: India

I'm testing it and until now I could not reproduce the wifi bug, hope this time the Samsung has fixed it.

Enviado de meu GT-P6800 usando o Tapatalk 2

EDIT:
    I took a screenshot from the settings showing my battery use and until now not a single disconnection (the time it was disconnected I was driving to work and I rebooted the tablet once trying to force the wifi bug).