[APP] Google Play Store fix

Search This thread

BenG321

Oct 28, 2012
It gives you more real estate and certain apps look alot better like that. It's a real simple build prop edit and I suggest everyone at least try it. If you don't like it change it back

Very true! Everyone should try it. For noobs, I highly recommend Pimp My ROM. I was hoping you'd tell me some apps or games that didn't work before function with the DPI change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

professorpoptart

Jul 7, 2010
I thought the OUYA OS was 4.1.2 :confused:

it is... I have also tried a ton of old vending.apk's trying to do what they're doing, all have the same exceptions when you look at the logcat. I'm working on cleaning up the ouya framework for the cm10 to try and get both working from that end. My fear is that once I get it working I will see the same exceptions thrown by the ouya framework that I saw here trying to get the play store working. That will mean that most likely my assumption that they both need exclusive rights to some shared resource is true (maybe).

*irc FreeNode #ouya-dev

professorpoptart

Jul 7, 2010
Just wanted to pop in for a sec and say with the exposed method working well, I think it goes without saying that I will be moving on from this thread. Now on to the ouya store on CM10! lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tonight at the last minute I'm supposed to be sleeping. I decided to try some thing and was able to get google to let me log into my account. It wouldn't let me get into the play store but .....wait for it.... GMAIL IS WORKING!!! Full of hope I decided to reboot my ouya and then install a couple games that would work but definitely didn't work on the ouya due to lack of authentication (spirit hd, gunslugs and shadowgun) Long story short they worked and I'm gonna post a how to tomorrow when I start my four day weekend.
    EDIT: With the exposed method working well, I think it goes without saying that I will be moving on from this thread. Now on to the ouya store on CM10! lol

If for some reason you come here from google or some other place, the thread your looking for to get the play store working is below.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2350639

Original----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread will be for working on getting the Google Play Store to work, aka com.android.vending.

Here is a logcat of the play crash when the vending apk has been sideloaded along with the google login and framework apks to /system/app. This was not from flashing the gapps.zip with CWM, this was sideloading the com.android.vending-4.0.25.apk... and GoogleLoginService.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk and setting permissions to 6755...

Process com.android.vending has crashed too many times
    : killing!
    I/ActivityManager( 310): Killing proc 2860:com.android.vending/u0a61: crash
    V/DropBoxReceiver( 2593): Starting service for tag: system_app_crash, time: 1369
    D/CrashReportService( 2593): Writing crash report to: /data/data/tv.ouya/cache/.
    reports/1369507749067
    W/ActivityManager( 310): Unable to launch app com.android.vending/10061 for ser
    vice Intent { cmp=com.android.vending/com.google.android.finsky.services.DailyHy
    giene }: process is bad

I also tried editing the /system/build.prop to say the device was a galaxy s4... same error on logcat...

adding the crash report files that should be in /data/data/tv.ouya/cache... not sure how to get the report data out of the bin file though.

tried this too... same
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40823085
    Worth a shot... I ll try later tonight to put the play store in the ota rom and resign it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app