[Guide] Moto G 4G LTE XT1045. Restore To Stock 4.4.3 KK. Explained.

Search This thread

jensen2112

Oct 13, 2011
First of all this is one of my firsts threads in XDA Forums. And this does not mean I don’t have any experience on Android, in fact, I have a lot, in the past I have the Galaxy S1 Captivate, MyTouch 4G and the Galaxy S2 T989 Hercules. I root all of them, change to different roms, kernels, stock roms, etc etc. I don’t always post because when I want to post something, someone already answer the question. Now I have the Moto 4G LTE XT1045 US version of single sim card (not the dual one), I have root it, I made some mistakes playing with the /system and /data partition with some apps that use root access and I soft brick the device. I turn it back on and the device was always in the “bootloader warning” screen. So I need in some way to go back to stock. Now that successfully restore the device I will not play with the partitions.

I find a few threads (which I give credits) and I restore the device back to stock. The problem is that what I do to restore back to stock, require me to go to different threats and different sites, I just can’t find one threat explaining everything in a nice and good looking way like the one that I am going to show you. Here in XDA we have experts, users and newbies, this is just an easy method for any of them.

(If you want to only Root the device in a safe way that don’t change your recovery, or the bootloader, just let me know, I am thinking in creating an easy-guide for root this device).

And second, thanks the users of the following threads, that are the ones responsible of almost all the things that I am going to say. (not in a specific order).

1. http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/xt1045-stock-rom-dump-t2794145/page2 (post # 14 by suhridkhan led me to an excellent guide).

2. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53660639&postcount=1&nocache=1&z=2567116348072886 (who led me to Firmware Factory).

3. http://www.firmware-team.com/showthread.php?t=1146 (post where I choose my stock rom XT1045 and I proceed to download).

4. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219 (the excellent guide, I mainly use the 3b instructions)

5. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53765029&postcount=83&nocache=1&z=3906391665805131 (I confirm the order of the flash process)

Disclaimer:

Follow these instructions at your own risk. If something goes wrong don't blame me!
I have only tested this on a US Retail Moto G XT1045 with an unlocked bootloader.

There is a high chance that his guide will work will the others LTE variants(XT1039, XT1040 & XT1042), however, I don't have a proof of this since I only have the XT1045 and the threads that I use don't say anything about if it works or not in that variants. If it works, the only difference will be the .xml.zip file from your specific device. If you use this guide for one of those variants, please let me know so I can update the guide with that device that at this moment I don't have proof if it works or not, thanks.

OLD STATEMENT, THE ZIP IS OUT, READ GUIDE CHANGELOG. Users of the XT1045. We already have receive the OTA update of KK 4.4.4. If you already have updated your device to 4.4.4, please, do not use the 4.4.3 files to downgrade and restore your device to stock. The files from 4.4.3 are not going to work, I repeat, the files from 4.4.3 (the link I provide below) are not going to work. If you update to 4.4.4 via OTA and mess (or something inexplicable happen) with your device and now your device doesn't boot, then you must search in other threads for a solution. To follow this guide for a 4.4.4 stock, we need to wait for for the 4.4.4.xml.zip file, and as far as I know, that file is not yet available to download. I have search in everywhere and the file is not available, once I know that the file is available, I will download it and I test it with this guide and my device, and if it works I will update the guide with the new download link.

Guide Change-log:

I decide to create this "Guide Change-log" section to post the short-length changes that I have made to the guide, so that the old ones a new ones can understand everything. Everything that I post are things that I personally have tested, I will not post something without testing because I don't want to brick any phone (and if that happen I am not responsible, this is XDA, everyone in XDA know that and all the risks), if for some reason I post something not tested, I will let you know. If someone test something and it works, I update the guide with that user name because that are his credits, which ones I am really grateful. A grateful thanks to @NWKENT for the help you brings to the users while I wasn't in here.

01. The original post.

02. 19/Ago/2015:
A. I create this section.
B. The 4.4.4 update xml.zip is out. They two are both the same as far as I know. I have not test them in my phone for the reason that I already have my XT1045 in Lollipop, I am not going to try to go back to KitKat, there's a significant change in versions, I can't risk my device, I am planning to buy another XT1045 for rabbit-tests like this, but for now I only have one device. I will search some info and let everyone know what I can find. In case someone want to try, these are the links of the 4.4.4 xml.zip.
http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/xt1039-moto-g-4g-stock-firmware-kxb21-t2805619
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61789810&postcount=41

LET START :)

Pre-requisites:

a) Unlocked bootloader.

b) Download and install Motorola Drivers:
http://www.mymotocast.com/download/MDM?platform=windows

c) Download the stock firmware:
In our case (XT1045) is the RETUS_XT1045_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.23-4_cid9_CFC.xml.zip from https://mega.co.nz/#!kFYC0DbD!yNkcJbtMlEEM6kBOeVwYCRp3Fcv9gwKvC3EtgC-Du-k

d) Have the ADB active in your computer. In my case I already have installed the Android SDK and configured the ADB in the “Path” of my Windows 8.1 x64 system.

To do that right click the “This PC” or “Computer” icon on the start button and click “properties”, from there go to “advanced system settings”, click “environment variables”, from the system variables find the “Path” variable, click edit but DON’T delete anything, at the very end of the “Variable Value” add a “;” and add the path of your adb platform-tools folder. In my case is C:\android-adt-bundle\sdk\platform-tools
For example:

The end of my PC Variable Value is: C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\

You must make this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\android-adt-bundle\sdk\platform-tools

Now you click OK, click OK again and test if it works, to do that go to any windows explorer and press the shift button and right click, and click “Open command window here”. Write “adb” and click enter. If it say Android Debug Bridge version XX.X.XX and a lot of letters then you’re good to go, if your press adb and it say not found or something like that, then something is wrong.

e) Extract the RETUS_XT1045_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.23-4_cid9_CFC.xml.zip to a new folder in the desktop of the PC. Or your preferred folder.

f) The firmware we download earlier end with .xml.zip, for this reason we are going to need to download the Motorola Fastboot mfastboot-v2.zip (attached to this post) and extract only the .exe into the same folder as the stock firmware files (the same folder as the .bin and .img files). *User @darknomad23 finds out that mfastboot does not work with USB 3.0, so, use only USB 2.0. Thanks man.

Steps to restore stock firmware:

1) Reboot the phone into bootloader mode.

a) Unplug the USB cable and power off the phone.

b) Press and hold 'Volume down' and ‘Power’ button on the phone for around three seconds and let go the two at the same time.

You should now see the Moto G LTE bootloader screen with the following options:
Normal Powerup
Recovery
Factory
Barcodes
BP Tools
QCOM

c) Connect USB cable to your computer. Wait for the driver to be installed.

2) Open a command prompt (Start -> cmd.exe in Win7,8) and browse to the folder with the extracted firmware. Simply go to the folder with the extracted files and press the shift button and right click, and click “Open command window here”. In that folder you must have all the .img and .bin files and others, plus the mfastboot.exe file.

3) Flash each of the partitions in sequence using mfastboot, you need to enter the following commands one-by-one checking that each one returns an [OKAY].

Code:
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

In the: “mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.(0,1,2)” you must have the dot, the dot before the number. In some of the other guides I see that they do not add the .0 .1 .2 and it creates an error because the file is never found.

If you want the device to reboot automatically to bootloader mode each time you restart the device you can use this command:
Code:
mfastboot oem fb_mode_set

If you don’t want to reboot automatically to bootloader mode you can use this command to clear that option on the device.
Code:
mfastboot oem fb_mode_clear

That’s all. I hope it works to you like it works to me, anything just let me know in the thread. :)

Attachments

• mfastboot-v2.zip
    537.3 KB · Views: 1,558
Last edited:

rkuijpers

Aug 3, 2010
I've seen a lot of threads explaining the same thing, but not a single one specifically meant for the LTE, and being this complete. I have seen a few LTE owners panicking after following the steps in those threads too literally.

These are errors that are easily made, and could have been avoided if this thread had been up here earlier.
It might not be original development, but still very useful in the LTE threads?

You can see he put a lot of time in trying to make it as noob-friendly as possible, and even mentions and credits the original threads he used info from.

Many OP's don't even bother, or steal other's ideas making it look like it's their original idea. Tweaks anyone? [emoji13]

I wish all were as honest as this guy is, so kudos to the OP of this thread [emoji106]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1039 met Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

danny8

Thanks for posting this thread.

It's definitely worth posting here as far as I'm concerned. I don't wish to wade into the vanilla Moto G forums if I can avoid it.

Hopefully I'll never need these instructions, but good to know they're here if I ever need them.

I have a US retail XT1045 Moto G bought from Amazon. It's running Android 4.4.3.

I unlocked my bootloader, replaced the warning screen, and rooted it. Looking forward to putting TWRP and a custom ROM on it when I get my PC back.

Sent from XT1045 running XDA Premium app. Peace!

meekrawb

Mar 25, 2012
TX

It's definitely worth posting here as far as I'm concerned. I don't wish to wade into the vanilla Moto G forums if I can avoid it.

Hopefully I'll never need these instructions, but good to know they're here if I ever need them.

I have a US retail XT1045 Moto G bought from Amazon. It's running Android 4.4.3.

I unlocked my bootloader, replaced the warning screen, and rooted it. Looking forward to putting TWRP and a custom ROM on it when I get my PC back.

Nice to see you here. Got one of these for the wife. She likes it way better than the t679! I would get one too if the Nexus 6 wasn't around the corner.

Reactions: danny8

jensen2112

Oct 13, 2011
I've seen a lot of threads explaining the same thing, but not a single one specifically meant for the LTE, and being this complete. I have seen a few LTE owners panicking after following the steps in those threads too literally.

These are errors that are easily made, and could have been avoided if this thread had been up here earlier.

You can see he put a lot of time in trying to make it as noob-friendly as possible, and even mentions and credits the original threads he used info from.

Many OP's don't even bother, or steal other's ideas making it look like it's their original idea. Tweaks anyone? [emoji13]

I wish all were as honest as this guy is, so kudos to the OP of this thread [emoji106]

That’s right. There is a lot of threads about the Moto G, but for the LTE there isn’t lots of them. In a matter of time the community will grow. Now I just want to help the users, and I think that I am doing right.

I know about the errors, when I try to restore my phone to stock I try a few times before I can succeed, I succeed by my own and reading a lot. Once I successfully restore to stock I decide to make a thread so the others don’t make the same mistakes and errors that I made.

When I was going to post the thread I think and I was something confused if I post the thread in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting or Moto G 4G Android Development section. I decide in the Development because I as a user when I first search for my 4G version, I search in the 4G threads. Not the Q&A or General. I am looking for the 4G, not the “Not 4G version”. And since that there is not lots of threads in here, it would be better for the users. This is not the first thread of “back to stock” in Development section in XDA.

Yes, I like to give credits. I prefer to give credits. I know I could make this as totally mine and my ideas. But no, I am here to help, and being helped, that’s all. In a future I don’t want to have some “discussion” or “problem” in here about the info that I use, or something about their thread, stealing info, etc etc, you understand. I prefer to give credits.

And thanks for being sincere about what you think.

You're welcome.

In my case I only have one phone right now, this one. I need a stable phone and rom. I am running stock KK 4.4.3, I unlock my bootloader, and I root my device. In my personal thinking, I don’t want another rom or recovery, only the 4.4.4, the one that as far as I know it is not available to our devices yet. As I know there is not a really stable recovery to our devices, I only want root.

Why don’t you do what I do?

I unlock the booloader, root the device, and install the Xposed Framework.
http://xdaforums.com/xposed/xposed-installer-versions-changelog-t2714053

With the Xposed Framework installed and Gravity Box KK module from their repositories in the Download section I make almost everything of what I use to do in the custom roms. With Xposed, and Gravity Box I don’t need a custom rom for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
I think this is a good thread. The information is tailored for the XT1045 user. I am not new to Android, but I am new to the XT1045 and I sure don't want to read about other Moto G devices that have nothing to do with the XT1045.

With that, the only criticism I have is using terms that the new guys will not fully understand, or instructions without steps to complete the instruction. Like boot into bootloader mode. I will have to research that to find the way to do it. However, if you say boot in bootloader mode and then give instruction on how, the battle is won.

I know this may sound silly, but having step by step is valid. I just ordered the XT1045 and should have it in a few days. I have at this time no plans to root or anything else. Not until I understand the device. I did the same with my SGT3 10" tablet. I had no problems because there were good step by step instructions on how to root.

The other device I was look at before buying the XT1045 was the Nexus 5. I found a thread that gave such detail instruction that it was not needed to look anywhere else. Here is the link so you see what I mean: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/guide-nexus-5-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t2507905

I am sure this info is available elsewhere, but it was all right in one posting. I have never seen anything like it before. It was well written.

Thanks for you set of instructions for the XT1045.

Last edited:
Reactions: jensen2112

ApriliaM3

Retired Senior Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
Bangkok
I've had a cleanup in here guys and I'd prefer not to have to return for the same reasons.
If you've got nothing constructive to add to the discussion, don't even bother posting.
I'm not going to single anyone out at this stage but the negativity and sense of entitlement around here is ridiculous.
Everyone has a right to their opinion but that's where your entitlement ends as far as I'm concerned.
Your right does NOT extend to posting your negative opinion here and derailing a thread from it's original intent - TO HELP PEOPLE.
If you think you can do a better job, by all means - make your own thread.

PLEASE..XT1045 Stock 4.4.4 OTA firmware link..

Has this device taken an OTA for 4.4.4, Been away for a few days..

I'm still on 4.4.3, XT1045 TMOUS - no OTA available as of yet.

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant, but why would you want to flash 4.4.4 firmware given all the problems that update seems to be causing many 4G devices?

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
I'm still on 4.4.3, XT1045 TMOUS - no OTA available as of yet.

Forgive me if I'm being ignorant, but why would you want to flash 4.4.4 firmware given all the problems that update seems to be causing many 4G devices?

No Sir, not ignorant..LOL

I like to test, I usually purchase two of each device, and I have just purchased another XT1045 a few days ago, and I'd like to do some testing now..as long as one can revert, then I enjoy testing..

If you'all where to see a zip OTA or a Factory FXZ (when available) please post a link..thank you..

The XDA firmware pages (XT1045) doesn't even have 4.4.3 posted yet.?

Sent from my:
Jaocagomez Debloated ROM
4.4.4_21.11.21 (Unlocked)
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
http://waynekent.com/page6.html
"Praise Jah" YOU people.!

Last edited:
No Sir, not ignorant..LOL

I like to test, I usually purchase two of each device, and I have just purchased another XT1045 a few days ago, and I'd like to do some testing now..as long as one can revert, then I enjoy testing..

Ah, okay. I (like a lot of us here do) have a slight phone fetish, as well (as you can see in my sig.)

Normally, I buy last year's flagships so I can get two phones for the price of one current flagship.

Originally I had bought a Moto G, then traded up to a 4G - to use a "backup" weekend phone.

Then two strange things happened: 1. I started carrying around my virginal white-on-white 4G LTE more than my flagship phones because it's so incredible and beautiful, so I became paranoid. The I realized that at $229, it cost almost as much as my used flagships G2 D801 and One M7 (275 and 300, respectively), so I'm as nervous about the 4G.

So last week I bought a cheap unlocked used 8GB MotoG for $119 as my "beater" and test mule. Rooted, Xposed GEL and - you guessed it - now this is my new favorite daily driver.

Reactions: NWKENT

Voiding

Sep 9, 2014
Not sure if this thread is still active, but I need help with this. I follow all the steps exactly and then when I try to boot up normally for the first time it says:

USB connected
Invalid boot image header!
Boot up failed.

What does this mean in terms of this guide? :eek:

ivesdotkom

Mar 14, 2011
2 questions.

Is there a cwm flashable zip of the stock rom for the moto g 4g lte?

Do updates work if youve unlocked the bootloader and rooted your phone?

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Not sure if this thread is still active, but I need help with this. I follow all the steps exactly and then when I try to boot up normally for the first time it says:

USB connected
Invalid boot image header!
Boot up failed.

What does this mean in terms of this guide? :eek:

Sir..Friend..what did you flash.?
What procedures did you use to flash.?
Assuming you have an XT1045.?

Sent from my 4.4.4_21.11.56_peregrine
(Unlocked) XT1045 Moto G 4G LTE #1

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

2 questions.

Is there a cwm flashable zip of the stock rom for the moto g 4g lte?

Do updates work if youve unlocked the bootloader and rooted your phone?

Here is my OTA 4.4.4_21.11.56 peregrine (XT1045).. I have not seen a full (factory) FXZ for the XT1045, Nore have I ever seen it posted to the firmware pages..

One would flash this zip in TWRP or CWM..onto the existing (4.4.3)..

Here >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B67RS0BDBp_iOWhZdGlmWXpOQW8/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my 4.4.4_21.11.56_peregrine
(Unlocked) XT1045 Moto G 4G LTE #1

Last edited:
Reactions: jensen2112

jensen2112

Oct 13, 2011
Sorry for my late reply.
@NWKENT
We have the 4.4.4 OTA update for the XT1045 a few weeks ago, I know. But at this time I have not find the .xml.zip file of the KK 4.4.4, I mean the one of around 500MB or 600MB. If you find it please let me know so I can update the guide, thanks.
@Voiding
Yes the guide still active. Because of the university I only connect when I have the time but yes it will be always active. Once I found new things I will keep updating the guide.
Glad that you can fix the problem.

Reactions: NWKENT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all this is one of my firsts threads in XDA Forums. And this does not mean I don’t have any experience on Android, in fact, I have a lot, in the past I have the Galaxy S1 Captivate, MyTouch 4G and the Galaxy S2 T989 Hercules. I root all of them, change to different roms, kernels, stock roms, etc etc. I don’t always post because when I want to post something, someone already answer the question. Now I have the Moto 4G LTE XT1045 US version of single sim card (not the dual one), I have root it, I made some mistakes playing with the /system and /data partition with some apps that use root access and I soft brick the device. I turn it back on and the device was always in the “bootloader warning” screen. So I need in some way to go back to stock. Now that successfully restore the device I will not play with the partitions.

I find a few threads (which I give credits) and I restore the device back to stock. The problem is that what I do to restore back to stock, require me to go to different threats and different sites, I just can’t find one threat explaining everything in a nice and good looking way like the one that I am going to show you. Here in XDA we have experts, users and newbies, this is just an easy method for any of them.

(If you want to only Root the device in a safe way that don’t change your recovery, or the bootloader, just let me know, I am thinking in creating an easy-guide for root this device).

And second, thanks the users of the following threads, that are the ones responsible of almost all the things that I am going to say. (not in a specific order).

1. http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/xt1045-stock-rom-dump-t2794145/page2 (post # 14 by suhridkhan led me to an excellent guide).

2. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53660639&postcount=1&nocache=1&z=2567116348072886 (who led me to Firmware Factory).

3. http://www.firmware-team.com/showthread.php?t=1146 (post where I choose my stock rom XT1045 and I proceed to download).

4. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219 (the excellent guide, I mainly use the 3b instructions)

5. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53765029&postcount=83&nocache=1&z=3906391665805131 (I confirm the order of the flash process)

Disclaimer:

Follow these instructions at your own risk. If something goes wrong don't blame me!
    I have only tested this on a US Retail Moto G XT1045 with an unlocked bootloader.

There is a high chance that his guide will work will the others LTE variants(XT1039, XT1040 & XT1042), however, I don't have a proof of this since I only have the XT1045 and the threads that I use don't say anything about if it works or not in that variants. If it works, the only difference will be the .xml.zip file from your specific device. If you use this guide for one of those variants, please let me know so I can update the guide with that device that at this moment I don't have proof if it works or not, thanks.

OLD STATEMENT, THE ZIP IS OUT, READ GUIDE CHANGELOG. Users of the XT1045. We already have receive the OTA update of KK 4.4.4. If you already have updated your device to 4.4.4, please, do not use the 4.4.3 files to downgrade and restore your device to stock. The files from 4.4.3 are not going to work, I repeat, the files from 4.4.3 (the link I provide below) are not going to work. If you update to 4.4.4 via OTA and mess (or something inexplicable happen) with your device and now your device doesn't boot, then you must search in other threads for a solution. To follow this guide for a 4.4.4 stock, we need to wait for for the 4.4.4.xml.zip file, and as far as I know, that file is not yet available to download. I have search in everywhere and the file is not available, once I know that the file is available, I will download it and I test it with this guide and my device, and if it works I will update the guide with the new download link.

Guide Change-log:

I decide to create this "Guide Change-log" section to post the short-length changes that I have made to the guide, so that the old ones a new ones can understand everything. Everything that I post are things that I personally have tested, I will not post something without testing because I don't want to brick any phone (and if that happen I am not responsible, this is XDA, everyone in XDA know that and all the risks), if for some reason I post something not tested, I will let you know. If someone test something and it works, I update the guide with that user name because that are his credits, which ones I am really grateful. A grateful thanks to @NWKENT for the help you brings to the users while I wasn't in here.

01. The original post.

02. 19/Ago/2015:
    A. I create this section.
    B. The 4.4.4 update xml.zip is out. They two are both the same as far as I know. I have not test them in my phone for the reason that I already have my XT1045 in Lollipop, I am not going to try to go back to KitKat, there's a significant change in versions, I can't risk my device, I am planning to buy another XT1045 for rabbit-tests like this, but for now I only have one device. I will search some info and let everyone know what I can find. In case someone want to try, these are the links of the 4.4.4 xml.zip.
    http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/4g-development/xt1039-moto-g-4g-stock-firmware-kxb21-t2805619
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61789810&postcount=41

LET START :)

Pre-requisites:

a) Unlocked bootloader.

b) Download and install Motorola Drivers:
    http://www.mymotocast.com/download/MDM?platform=windows

c) Download the stock firmware:
    In our case (XT1045) is the RETUS_XT1045_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.23-4_cid9_CFC.xml.zip from https://mega.co.nz/#!kFYC0DbD!yNkcJbtMlEEM6kBOeVwYCRp3Fcv9gwKvC3EtgC-Du-k

d) Have the ADB active in your computer. In my case I already have installed the Android SDK and configured the ADB in the “Path” of my Windows 8.1 x64 system.

To do that right click the “This PC” or “Computer” icon on the start button and click “properties”, from there go to “advanced system settings”, click “environment variables”, from the system variables find the “Path” variable, click edit but DON’T delete anything, at the very end of the “Variable Value” add a “;” and add the path of your adb platform-tools folder. In my case is C:\android-adt-bundle\sdk\platform-tools
    For example:

The end of my PC Variable Value is: C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\

You must make this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\android-adt-bundle\sdk\platform-tools

Now you click OK, click OK again and test if it works, to do that go to any windows explorer and press the shift button and right click, and click “Open command window here”. Write “adb” and click enter. If it say Android Debug Bridge version XX.X.XX and a lot of letters then you’re good to go, if your press adb and it say not found or something like that, then something is wrong.

e) Extract the RETUS_XT1045_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.23-4_cid9_CFC.xml.zip to a new folder in the desktop of the PC. Or your preferred folder.

f) The firmware we download earlier end with .xml.zip, for this reason we are going to need to download the Motorola Fastboot mfastboot-v2.zip (attached to this post) and extract only the .exe into the same folder as the stock firmware files (the same folder as the .bin and .img files). *User @darknomad23 finds out that mfastboot does not work with USB 3.0, so, use only USB 2.0. Thanks man.

Steps to restore stock firmware:

1) Reboot the phone into bootloader mode.

a) Unplug the USB cable and power off the phone.

b) Press and hold 'Volume down' and ‘Power’ button on the phone for around three seconds and let go the two at the same time.

You should now see the Moto G LTE bootloader screen with the following options:
    Normal Powerup
    Recovery
    Factory
    Barcodes
    BP Tools
    QCOM

c) Connect USB cable to your computer. Wait for the driver to be installed.

2) Open a command prompt (Start -> cmd.exe in Win7,8) and browse to the folder with the extracted firmware. Simply go to the folder with the extracted files and press the shift button and right click, and click “Open command window here”. In that folder you must have all the .img and .bin files and others, plus the mfastboot.exe file.

3) Flash each of the partitions in sequence using mfastboot, you need to enter the following commands one-by-one checking that each one returns an [OKAY].

Code:
    mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
    mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
    mfastboot flash boot boot.img
    mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot erase modemst1
    mfastboot erase modemst2
    mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot erase cache
    mfastboot erase userdata
    mfastboot reboot

In the: “mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.(0,1,2)” you must have the dot, the dot before the number. In some of the other guides I see that they do not add the .0 .1 .2 and it creates an error because the file is never found.

If you want the device to reboot automatically to bootloader mode each time you restart the device you can use this command:
    Code:
    mfastboot oem fb_mode_set

If you don’t want to reboot automatically to bootloader mode you can use this command to clear that option on the device.
    Code:
    mfastboot oem fb_mode_clear

That’s all. I hope it works to you like it works to me, anything just let me know in the thread. :)
    I've had a cleanup in here guys and I'd prefer not to have to return for the same reasons.
    If you've got nothing constructive to add to the discussion, don't even bother posting.
    I'm not going to single anyone out at this stage but the negativity and sense of entitlement around here is ridiculous.
    Everyone has a right to their opinion but that's where your entitlement ends as far as I'm concerned.
    Your right does NOT extend to posting your negative opinion here and derailing a thread from it's original intent - TO HELP PEOPLE.
    If you think you can do a better job, by all means - make your own thread.

That’s right. There is a lot of threads about the Moto G, but for the LTE there isn’t lots of them. In a matter of time the community will grow. Now I just want to help the users, and I think that I am doing right.

I know about the errors, when I try to restore my phone to stock I try a few times before I can succeed, I succeed by my own and reading a lot. Once I successfully restore to stock I decide to make a thread so the others don’t make the same mistakes and errors that I made.

When I was going to post the thread I think and I was something confused if I post the thread in Moto G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting or Moto G 4G Android Development section. I decide in the Development because I as a user when I first search for my 4G version, I search in the 4G threads. Not the Q&A or General. I am looking for the 4G, not the “Not 4G version”. And since that there is not lots of threads in here, it would be better for the users. This is not the first thread of “back to stock” in Development section in XDA.

Yes, I like to give credits. I prefer to give credits. I know I could make this as totally mine and my ideas. But no, I am here to help, and being helped, that’s all. In a future I don’t want to have some “discussion” or “problem” in here about the info that I use, or something about their thread, stealing info, etc etc, you understand. I prefer to give credits.

And thanks for being sincere about what you think.

You're welcome.

In my case I only have one phone right now, this one. I need a stable phone and rom. I am running stock KK 4.4.3, I unlock my bootloader, and I root my device. In my personal thinking, I don’t want another rom or recovery, only the 4.4.4, the one that as far as I know it is not available to our devices yet. As I know there is not a really stable recovery to our devices, I only want root.

Why don’t you do what I do?

I unlock the booloader, root the device, and install the Xposed Framework.
    http://xdaforums.com/xposed/xposed-installer-versions-changelog-t2714053

With the Xposed Framework installed and Gravity Box KK module from their repositories in the Download section I make almost everything of what I use to do in the custom roms. With Xposed, and Gravity Box I don’t need a custom rom for now.