Review/Feedback/Rant on Some Accessories

Search This thread

Wysie

Jul 4, 2009
Hi all,

This thread is just to give my personal opinions on some of the accessories I have owned (or are owning right now), and I hope it helps some of you wanting to buy any of them.

Martin Fields Screen Protector (Clear)
Not worth the money. Yes, it is very clear, but so are 99% of the other clear protectors. Also, it is not scratch-proof, if at all. It got scratched while in my my Moshi iPouch, go figure. Is it of good quality? I will say yes, but it's NOT worth the money at all. 6/10.

Seidio Innocase II
I thought I liked it, but now I'm not sure. It fits way too tight. It cut into my MF protector, DC mugen, and even my Clarivue. Maybe Seidio should actually try to fit it on some actual Nexus Ones before selling. I know, you've to really center your protector, etc. etc. Also, some people suggested filing/cutting the sides of the protector a little so that the Seidio Innocase II will not hit it. The question is, as a consumer, is this really our problem? Yes, the case feels really solid, I trust my phone in it, but the problems with it are irritating. 9/10 for the solid build. 6/10 for the fact that it fits like crap with a protector on.

DCMugen Anti-Glare Screen Protector
Well worth the money. I love it. It's very cheap compared to many other products in the market, and the quality is good too. It doesn't fit very well (off by 0.5mm or something at the top and bottom), but that's really not noticeable. You can't beat the price to quality ratio. 9.5/10.

DCMugen Ultra Clear Screen Protector
Well worth the money, but it's a fingerprint magnet (like all clear protectors). Same as the anti-glare, it doesn't fit 100%. 8/10.

Clarivue Anti-Glare
It is more expensive than DCMugen, about the same price as Martin Fields, but you get 2 instead of 1. Very good! Although it's matte like DCMugen, it seems to affect the screen clarity less than DCMugen's, which is always a plus point. On the flip side, it attracts fingerprints more than DCMugen's anti-glare. The price is justifiable too :). 9.5/10.

DCMugen Hard Rubberized Case
I just got them in my mailbox today, and I'd say the fit is about 8.5/10. Actually it fits perfect except for the bottom. Also, since it clamps the phone together, it won't actually affect your screen protector (unlike Innocase). I'd say 8/10. If the bottom fits well it'd be perfect. With that said, the Innocase feels a lot more sturdier than this, but given the price this is to be expected. Some pictures attached. Sorry about the lousy quality, don't have a digital camera that's good. Update: I just pressed the 2 sides harder together and they seemed to fit pretty well :). Still 8/10 (as the build isn't very solid).

I'll update this thread as I get to try/use more accessories :).

Last edited:

usmc2k

Apr 12, 2006
I.E.
Good info to know... im actually waitn for my clarivue protector... Just hope i kan make my seidio case work with it !

AF9210

Mar 17, 2009
clarivue

seems like the anti-glares arent as scratch proof as we would all like..... elago anti glare and clarivue dont do as well as id like in a pocket with some keys

Wysie

Jul 4, 2009
Updated first post with short comment and pictures of dcmugen's hard rubberized case.

hmarcus

Jul 7, 2009
Washington, DC
I feel good about the dcmugen anti-glare SP now. It's en route now, I can't wait to see what it's like. I've had a few for my old iPhone 3G, but I'm curious to see how it affects a quality, pixel-dense AMOLED screen.
Also, were you ever able to have both SP and Innocase at the same time successfully? I really want that case! :p