jackeagle

Sr. Mod + Mod / Dev Committee / Rec. Dev / Dev Rel
Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Hello Everyone
Here Is The Tutorial On How to Create Ur Own Boot Animation for U r Mobile...:D:D
Requirements :
1) Windows OS :p:p
2) BootAnimation Factory : Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1678540
3) Image Resizer (To change the resolution of the images) : Go here https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
4) Image Editing Software ( Your wish:p)
5) 7Zip
6) Notepad++

What Is BootAnimation??
The Android boot animation is contained within a an uncompressed zip file called bootanimation.zip that can be found in the media folder of the system partition i.e. /system/media on the internal memory of the device. This single file contains all the information required to play the boot animation, and is loaded automatically when the device boots.:cowboy::cowboy:

What a Bootanimation.zip Contains??;):p
. If you extract the contents of the bootanimation.zip file to your computer, you will see:
1) A desc.txt file
2) A part0 folder (Contains PNG images named in incremental numbers)
3) More part1, part2 etc. folders (May or may not be present)
As you can see, bootanimation.zip merely contains one text file and one or more folders with PNG images. The animation is played simply by displaying the images in a sequence, and the text file defines how they are to be played. In essence, first the PNG files in the part0 folder are displayed one after the other and afterwards, those in the part1 file – if it exists – are displayed, again one after the other, and so on. All of this is defined in the desc.txt file.hence desc.txt file is vital file for creating a bootanimation.

Now Will See What Each Files And Folder Does:D:laugh:
Imp : I Am Taking The Example Of My Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos - GT-I9082 whose Resolution is 480X800. This Guide is applicable to all Andriod Devices Difference u have to make is the RESOLUTION of u r Device.

The folders
t1_zpsf4434d89.jpg

These contain PNG images named in numbers, starting from something like 0000.jpg or 00001.jpg and proceeding with increments of 1. There has to be at least one folder, and there is no known upper limit to the number of folders.
The desc.txt file
t2_zpsea01c27c.jpg

This file defines how the images in the folder(s) are displayed during the boot animation, in the following format:
Width Height Frame-rate
p Loop Pause Folder1
p Loop Pause Folder2
An example of a desc.txt file is:
480 800 30
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
As you can see, in the first line, 480 and 800 define the width and height of the boot animation in pixels for this example. This must be the same as the screen resolution of your device for the boot animation to properly play in full screen. 30 is the frame rate in fps (frames per second) i.e. number of images to display per second.
The second and third lines have a same format, start with p, which stands for a part of the animation and end in part0 or part1, which denotes the folder in which the images for that part are present.
The number after ‘p’ defines how many times this part will loop (repeat playback) before switching to the next part (if present). Specifying 0 would make the part loop indefinitely till the phone has fully booted.
The next number is for the pause, and is expressed in the number of frames, which can be translated into time by dividing it by the frame rate. A pause of 15 for example, would mean pausing for the time it takes 15 frames to play and since the frame rate is 30 frames per second, 15 frames would take half a second.
Translating all of this in case of the above example, the boot animation will play at a resolution of 480 by 800 pixels, at a frame rate of 30 fps, starting with the contents of part0 folder and after playing them in one loop, switching to contents of part1 folder and playing them continuously till the device fully boots.

Steps To Create Ur Own Bootanimations:D:D
1) Download All The Necessary Tools U need To For This.;)
2) Install The Necessary Softwares.
3) Go through the entire Inside the bootanimation.zip File Which I will attach at the end of this guide.
4) Plan how your boot animation will run. This includes how many distinct parts it will have, how long will each part play and what will be the sequence of the parts.
5) Make a new folder at any convenient location on your computer, and name it bootanimation.
6) In this folder, create a folder for each part of your boot animation, named part0, part1 and so on.
7) In the image editor of your choice (Adobe Photoshop,GIMP), make all the image files for each part of your boot animation with the proper dimensions equal to your phone’s screen resolution, and save them in the respective folder for each part, in PNG format. Up to 32 bit PNGs are supported.
Note: In case you are converting an existing boot animation to fit your phone’s screen, simply extract the images from it and resize each of them to your device’s screen resolution.
8) Make sure the images are named in numerical format and in proper sequence, i.e. the images in the first part should start with let’s say 00000.jpg and go on till 00075.jpg, and the images in the second part should then start off with 00076.jpg and go on till – for instance – 00123.jpg.
9) Now open the Boot Animation Factory Tool.
1_zps0105877b.jpg

10) Click on “Create a New Boot Animation” Button.
11) There will be 2 options Asking for Source (1)From folder and (2) From GIF. Since In This Guide I have used Folder Method, Select Folder and click OK
2_zps0e5752e2.jpg

12) Click On Choose folder and Select The bootanimation folder were u had stored all the necessary folders and images.
3_zps8985adda.jpg

13) At the Right Hand Side You Can see the tab were the Resolution of The pics will be displayed..You can edit it and change the resolution and FPS too. Let the setting be “Don’t Repeat”
4_zpsa9083018.jpg

14) click on add loop button.
15) Select The Folder Ex: part0 . For this folder Set THE LOOP to 1 and TIME DELAY to 0 ( You Can Put your Custom delay if u wish) and Click ADD button.
7_zpsb65bc3ae.jpg

16) Repeat the Step 15 but here Select the next part In Folder Ex : part1
17) If U have more part folders select the respective part and repeat the Step 15.
18) For last folder ( Ex : If part1 is last folder ) the SET THE LOOP to 0 . So that it Repeats
8_zps45eb93b2.jpg

19) You can PREVIEW your bootanimation before saving by clicking on PREVIEW Button.
20) Click Save Boot Animation Button and name it has “bootanimation”

last_zps3a2aa0ce.jpg

You Have Done A Bootanimation Successfully..:laugh::laugh:

How To Put It In Your Device?
File browser method (Rooted devices only):

1) Connect your phone to your computer via USB and mount the storage card for file transfer.
2) Copy the bootanimation.zip file that you want to install, to your SD card.
3) Unmount USB storage and launch the file browser of your choice on your phone.
4) Browse to /system/media, copy the existing bootanimation.zip file from there and paste it somewhere safe on your SD card.
5) Browse to the location on the SD card where you copied the new bootanimation.zip and copy it.
6) Browse to /system/media and paste the bootanimation.zip file there.
7) If you are using Root Explorer App, you will have to Touch ‘Mount R/W’. This will make your system partition writeable.
8) Check if the permissions are rw-r—r—. If not, change them to that.
9) Reboot And Enjoy Your New Bootanimation Done by You:laugh::cowboy:

Credits :
despotovski01 for his AWESOME BOOTANIMATION FACTORY....

FOR SAMPLE SEE ATTACHEMENTS:D:D

:laugh::cowboy:IF IT HELPED YOU KINDLY PRESS THANKS BUTTON SO THAT I WILL KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE BENEFITED FROM IT;):laugh:

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Aeyan Ashraf

Jan 14, 2014
★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
Hello Everyone
Here Is The Tutorial On How to Create Ur Own Boot Animation for U r Mobile...:D:D
Requirements :
2) BootAnimation Factory : Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1678540
3) Image Resizer (To change the resolution of the images) : Go here https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
5) 7Zip
6) Notepad++
What Is BootAnimation??
The Android boot animation is contained within a an uncompressed zip file called bootanimation.zip that can be found in the media folder of the system partition i.e. /system/media on the internal memory of the device. This single file contains all the information required to play the boot animation, and is loaded automatically when the device boots.:cowboy::cowboy:

. If you extract the contents of the bootanimation.zip file to your computer, you will see:
1)A desc.txt file
2)A part0 folder (Contains PNG images named in incremental numbers)
3)More part1, part2 etc. folders (May or may not be present)
As you can see, bootanimation.zip merely contains one text file and one or more folders with PNG images. The animation is played simply by displaying the images in a sequence, and the text file defines how they are to be played. In essence, first the PNG files in the part0 folder are displayed one after the other and afterwards, those in the part1 file – if it exists – are displayed, again one after the other, and so on. All of this is defined in the desc.txt file.hence desc.txt file is vital file for creating a bootanimation.

Imp : I Am Taking The Example Of My Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos - GT-I9082 whose Resolution is 480X800. This Guide is applicable to all Andriod Devices Difference u have to make is the RESOLUTION of u r Device.

The folders
These contain PNG images named in numbers, starting from something like 0000.jpg or 00001.jpg and proceeding with increments of 1. There has to be at least one folder, and there is no known upper limit to the number of folders.
The desc.txt file
This file defines how the images in the folder(s) are displayed during the boot animation, in the following format:
Width Height Frame-rate
p Loop Pause Folder1
p Loop Pause Folder2
480 800 30
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1
As you can see, in the first line, 480 and 800 define the width and height of the boot animation in pixels for this example. This must be the same as the screen resolution of your device for the boot animation to properly play in full screen. 30 is the frame rate in fps (frames per second) i.e. number of images to display per second.
The second and third lines have a same format, start with p, which stands for a part of the animation and end in part0 or part1, which denotes the folder in which the images for that part are present.
The number after ‘p’ defines how many times this part will loop (repeat playback) before switching to the next part (if present). Specifying 0 would make the part loop indefinitely till the phone has fully booted.
The next number is for the pause, and is expressed in the number of frames, which can be translated into time by dividing it by the frame rate. A pause of 15 for example, would mean pausing for the time it takes 15 frames to play and since the frame rate is 30 frames per second, 15 frames would take half a second.
Translating all of this in case of the above example, the boot animation will play at a resolution of 480 by 800 pixels, at a frame rate of 30 fps, starting with the contents of part0 folder and after playing them in one loop, switching to contents of part1 folder and playing them continuously till the device fully boots.
3) Go through the entire Inside the bootanimation.zip File Which I will attach at the end of this guide.
4) Plan how your boot animation will run. This includes how many distinct parts it will have, how long will each part play and what will be the sequence of the parts.
5) Make a new folder at any convenient location on your computer, and name it bootanimation.
6) In this folder, create a folder for each part of your boot animation, named part0, part1 and so on.
7) In the image editor of your choice (Adobe Photoshop,GIMP), make all the image files for each part of your boot animation with the proper dimensions equal to your phone’s screen resolution, and save them in the respective folder for each part, in PNG format. Up to 32 bit PNGs are supported.
Note: In case you are converting an existing boot animation to fit your phone’s screen, simply extract the images from it and resize each of them to your device’s screen resolution.
8) Make sure the images are named in numerical format and in proper sequence, i.e. the images in the first part should start with let’s say 00000.jpg and go on till 00075.jpg, and the images in the second part should then start off with 00076.jpg and go on till – for instance – 00123.jpg.
1_zps0105877b.jpg

11) There will be 2 options Asking for Source (1)From folder and (2) From GIF. Since In This Guide I have used Folder Method, Select Folder and click OK
2_zps0e5752e2.jpg

12) Click On Choose folder and Select The bootanimation folder were u had stored all the necessary folders and images.
3_zps8985adda.jpg

13) At the Right Hand Side You Can see the tab were the Resolution of The pics will be displayed..You can edit it and change the resolution and FPS too. Let the setting be “Don’t Repeat”
4_zpsa9083018.jpg

15) Select The Folder Ex: part0 . For this folder Set THE LOOP to 1 and TIME DELAY to 0 ( You Can Put your Custom delay if u wish) and Click ADD button.
7_zpsb65bc3ae.jpg

17) If U have more part folders select the respective part and repeat the Step 15.
18) For last folder ( Ex : If part1 is last folder ) the SET THE LOOP to 0 . So that it Repeats
8_zps45eb93b2.jpg

19) You can PREVIEW your bootanimation before saving by clicking on PREVIEW Button.
last_zps3a2aa0ce.jpg

1) Connect your phone to your computer via USB and mount the storage card for file transfer.
3) Unmount USB storage and launch the file browser of your choice on your phone.
4) Browse to /system/media, copy the existing bootanimation.zip file from there and paste it somewhere safe on your SD card.
5) Browse to the location on the SD card where you copied the new bootanimation.zip and copy it.
7) If you are using Root Explorer App, you will have to Touch ‘Mount R/W’. This will make your system partition writeable.
Credits :

:laugh::cowboy:PLZ PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U ALL LIKE MY WORK;):laugh:
Hello , @jackeagle . I've followed ur guide and made a bootanimation successfully . But how to convert bootanimation.zip to bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg ? Please telp me

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: SAMPUTER

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Hello , @jackeagle . I've followed ur guide and made a bootanimation successfully . But how to convert bootanimation.zip to bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg ? Please telp me

Congrats on successfully making a bootanimation:victory: plz press thanks button if helped:p:D:D Regarding converting bootanimation.zip to .qmg files there is separate steps to do...:)

Reactions: Aeyan Ashraf

saudkhan75

May 2, 2014
Mumbai
Hello jackeagle,
Good guide there. :)
I'm a GT-19082 user as well, but my Stock ROM does not contain any bootanimation.zip in System>media
Instead these are the files I get. (pic attached below)
could you please help me out in this?
Thanks. :)

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 93

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Hello jackeagle,
Good guide there. :)
I'm a GT-19082 user as well, but my Stock ROM does not contain any bootanimation.zip in System>media
Instead these are the files I get. (pic attached below)
could you please help me out in this?
Thanks. :)

Hello Saudkhan75..!!
Stock ROM doesn't have bootanimation.zip. in Samsung stock ROM it will in .qmg format like bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg these both file will work has bootanimation.zip...:):D
If u want to know how to convert boot animation.zip to .qmg go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52107807
Press Thanks Button If Helped..:D

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: saudkhan75

saudkhan75

May 2, 2014
Mumbai
Hello Saudkhan75..!!
Stock ROM doesn't have bootanimation.zip. in Samsung stock ROM it will in .qmg format like bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg these both file will work has bootanimation.zip...:):D
If u want to know how to convert boot animation.zip to .qmg go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52107807
Press Thanks Button If Helped..:D

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hello!!
(I'm new to modding, so please don't mind if I say something wrong.)
I already got the bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg files in my Stock ROM.
My question is how will I convert them to part0 and part1 to edit?
also, is it important to for those files to be in .zip to run?

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Hello!!
(I'm new to modding, so please don't mind if I say something wrong.)
I already got the bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg files in my Stock ROM.
My question is how will I convert them to part0 and part1 to edit?
also, is it important to for those files to be in .zip to run?

Actually There is no way to convert the .qmg or open the .qmg file to get part0 and part1 folders...even the software which makes the .qmg files can't open it:D:D Its kind of closed -source algorithm...;):D
2) YES they are very important these folders contains the images which later combine to form an animation without those folder and command the zip is useless...READ the guide carefully if you wanna know more about these folders...:D :D
Always Feel FREE to ask any doubts you have...:)

saudkhan75

May 2, 2014
Mumbai
Actually There is no way to convert the .qmg or open the .qmg file to get part0 and part1 folders...even the software which makes the .qmg files can't open it:D:D Its kind of closed -source algorithm...;):D
2) YES they are very important these folders contains the images which later combine to form an animation without those folder and command the zip is useless...READ the guide carefully if you wanna know more about these folders...:D :D
Always Feel FREE to ask any doubts you have...:)
Thanks fpr the reply. :)
In your bootanimation.zip file I could see 2 folders and a txt document.
I got those .qmg files with me, now, how can I make a bootanimation.zip of them like you did? :)

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Thanks fpr the reply. :)
In your bootanimation.zip file I could see 2 folders and a txt document.
I got those .qmg files with me, now, how can I make a bootanimation.zip of them like you did? :)

You need to do it on your own either u have to make animation images...Just search in google for animation tutorial videos using photoshop or u need a video using which you can get the frames from it so that u can get the images directly and use it in project...:D Read my guide carefully.:cowboy:

saudkhan75

May 2, 2014
Mumbai
You need to do it on your own either u have to make animation images...Just search in google for animation tutorial videos using photoshop or u need a video using which you can get the frames from it so that u can get the images directly and use it in project...:D Read my guide carefully.:cowboy:

Okay, Got you! Thanks for your help. :)

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: goldeneagle1972

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone
    Requirements :
    5) 7Zip
    6) Notepad++

What Is BootAnimation??

1) A desc.txt file
    2) A part0 folder (Contains PNG images named in incremental numbers)
    3) More part1, part2 etc. folders (May or may not be present)

The folders
    t1_zpsf4434d89.jpg

The desc.txt file
    t2_zpsea01c27c.jpg

Width Height Frame-rate
    p Loop Pause Folder1
    p Loop Pause Folder2
    480 800 30
    p 1 0 part0
    p 0 0 part1

1_zps0105877b.jpg

2_zps0e5752e2.jpg

3_zps8985adda.jpg

4_zpsa9083018.jpg

7_zpsb65bc3ae.jpg

8_zps45eb93b2.jpg

last_zps3a2aa0ce.jpg

Credits :

:laugh::cowboy:IF IT HELPED YOU KINDLY PRESS THANKS BUTTON SO THAT I WILL KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE BENEFITED FROM IT;):laugh:
    Excellent tutorial...well described... keep up the good work :)

Thanks doctor_droid for your inspirational reply :)
    Excellent tutorial...well described... keep up the good work :)
    Hello Everyone
    Requirements :
    5) 7Zip
    6) Notepad++
    What Is BootAnimation??

1)A desc.txt file
    2)A part0 folder (Contains PNG images named in incremental numbers)
    3)More part1, part2 etc. folders (May or may not be present)

The folders
    The desc.txt file
    Width Height Frame-rate
    p Loop Pause Folder1
    p Loop Pause Folder2
    480 800 30
    p 1 0 part0
    p 0 0 part1
    1_zps0105877b.jpg

2_zps0e5752e2.jpg

3_zps8985adda.jpg

4_zpsa9083018.jpg

7_zpsb65bc3ae.jpg

8_zps45eb93b2.jpg

last_zps3a2aa0ce.jpg

Credits :

:laugh::cowboy:PLZ PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U ALL LIKE MY WORK;):laugh:

Congrats on successfully making a bootanimation:victory: plz press thanks button if helped:p:D:D Regarding converting bootanimation.zip to .qmg files there is separate steps to do...:)