Seidio Battery?

Search This thread

bigriggy63

Nov 2, 2008
Cool. Thanks Man.

Sent from my Photon via XDA
Sooo...... after three complete charge/discharge cycles, I must say I am dissapointed. I have gotten 1o hours TOTAL out of the Extended Battery; my next step is to try charging with an external charger- I believe that may be the main issue. And, YES I am aware that the Battery needs 5-6 Full Charges (8 hours Plus) to become completely "full". Will report more info tomorrow...~

bigriggy63

Nov 2, 2008
Thats not the final Verdict; in fact, as I mentioned in my post, I am pretty certain that charging the Battery outside of the phone the first few times will maximize the charge. thats been my previous experience, with all of the other Seidio Extended Batteries as well.

Jason.William

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah I'm fairly underwhelmed so far too. I haven't timed it or anything, but 10hrs sounds just about right.

I've also noticed a nasty little tendency to find my phone powered down when I pull it out of my pocket. I'm not sure if this is the battery's fault, but it did start after swapping it in.

I don't have any way to charge the battery outside of the phone, so I guess I'm stuck cycling it in the phone. I hope things get better with time...

Jason.William

Oct 11, 2011
Not yet. Just figured it out last night before posting.

Also, here's a weird thing: I got the 10hrs I expected yesterday and I let the phone die and shut itself off. I then used the wall charger for literally maybe 30 seconds before the LED went green and the battery indicator showed 100%. I unplugged it and have been using the phone since. I'm just now showing 20% after lots of playing with it last night, a full night of "Performance Mode" syncing, and lots of playing with it this morning.

Bizarre stuff...

xTMFxOffshore

Sep 1, 2011
San Diego
Hm.....and you didn't do anything different? Maybe the phone calibrated the battery. I'm not sure. I gotta do something as my battery life went to hell. Probably cause I'm avoiding the update. Haha. Oh well. Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate it.

levman

Jul 30, 2008
It's definitely a seating problem. I had the same issue for the first few says ... Solved it by folding a scrap of paper several times, then jamming it into the gap between the top end of the battery and the phone ... No problems since.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

xTMFxOffshore

Sep 1, 2011
San Diego
I seem to remember people having a similar issue and fix with the stock battery. I would contact Seidio ask tell them and see what they'll do.

Sent from my Photon via XDA

dyeager

Sep 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Please wait for the next available representative…
dyeager: I saw the oversized extended battery for the Photon 4G: Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery, which comes with a new battery or back cover for the Photon 4G.

Any plans for an incase extended battery (your battery would not fit my car dock or my Hd multimedia dock so I would need one that its in the current case).
You are next in queue. We will be with you in just a moment.
Kevin: Hello! Thank you for contacting Seidio Online! How can I help you today?
dyeager: looking for an extended battery that fits in the current photon case as stated above. Any plans?
Kevin: Unfortunately we do not have an extended battery that will fit the current case.
dyeager: and no plans for one?
Kevin: Unfortunately, we do not have plans.
dyeager: Thanks

Last edited:

bigriggy63

Nov 2, 2008
As a"Power User", I depend on my Mopho to give me the absolutely most juice possible. I can safely report that the Seidio Battery lasted 17 Hours on a single charge. This, while having 15 games of Words With Friends simultaneously being played, Wi-Fi, as well as Hourly Push on all 4 Email Accounts. Approx twenty texts, and two hours of talk as well..... Anyone else getting this type of usage?

Riggy

huntnyc

Nov 28, 2009
Thanks for info on extended battery. Thinking seriously about getting one but will have to swap my Otterbox Defender setup for some other case setup. I like to carry my photon on my belt. Can someone recommend some holster or belt case setup that will work with this extended battery and thanks.

Gary

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery Shipped out today! Should have it by the weekend; I will happily report back with my Results.

Bigriggy63
    Mines on its way too, but I'm a bit worried about how the phone is going to handle reporting its level. I've been using one of those cheap eBay 1950mAh bats for a couple days now and even after a calibration, the level will hit 5% in less than an hour, and stay there the rest of the day.