[5/14] MIUI Scotland - MIUI v4 I997 2.5.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
I get a little lag every once ib a while. And the dictionary says every word I spell is wrong. How to fix? =[

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

theROMinator

Nov 23, 2010
Do a full restore with GTG's ultimate unbrick, flash jt's kernel/recovery. Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik. Flash MIUI. I am not getting any lag lol. Some tweaks may be coming soon, this is only a temp ROM.

p3terr

Nov 12, 2010
getting stuck on miui logo. I'm gonna try restore my backup, and then flash jt's CM9 recovery, and then do the above! thanks for the work you putting on this ROMinator

Zaven777

Oct 18, 2011
good work man, but USB doesn't work at all when I connect the cable no any reaction and there is no USB setting. Any suggestion?

p3terr

Nov 12, 2010
Do a full restore with GTG's ultimate unbrick, flash jt's kernel/recovery. Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik. Flash MIUI. I am not getting any lag lol. Some tweaks may be coming soon, this is only a temp ROM.

I get stuck on xiaomi.com logo. I did everything you said here, even flash twice. what should i do now?

p3terr

Nov 12, 2010
I give up :( i flashed GTG's back to stock, then jt's kernel, then went to CWM wipe data/system, dalvik, cache, flashed MIUI then right away flashed miui again.. and nothing :(

p3terr

Nov 12, 2010
Let's see... did you get to the miui boot screen? If so, wait a while - it can take up to ~10 minutes.

yup.. it says MI (xiaomi.com).. i didn't wait that much longer 'cause the hardware keys didn't turn on the lights.

also, i need to flash cm9 and then over it miui? or it doesn't matter?

theROMinator

Nov 23, 2010
yup.. it says MI (xiaomi.com).. i didn't wait that much longer 'cause the hardware keys didn't turn on the lights.

also, i need to flash cm9 and then over it miui? or it doesn't matter?

Try flashing CM9, reboot; reboot recovery once in UI; wipe data/factory reset; format /system; wipe dalvik cache; install miui; wait a bit, don't touch anything.

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MINOR UPDATE (5/14) Temporary link added; fixes LatinIME.apk (keyboard misspelled everything); adds temporary fix for UMS (mounts only internal storage.)

MAJOR UPDATE (5/13) WiFi is now working; mounts are correct (thanks MIUI SCottland); vibration is now properly working; to get themes to work make a folder called "theme" in /data/system; MIUI Scotland and I are working together to get this in better standing so, stay tuned!

UPDATE: In the next few days I will be attempting to get MIUI Scotland's attention to this project. I will also ask a few devs around here I know, for help. If any of those sources can not help me I will be forced to stop this project due to my up and coming graduation and future responsibilities.

I'd appreciate it if you would read the whole post :).

Hey everyone!
    I have managed to port MIUIv4 to our device and I am in need of some serious testers. This ROM was built using the fascinate's 2.5.4 (latest) official MIUI build, so you can expect it to be as vanilla MIUI as possible.

As of now this is what I know is not working:
    1) Torch
    2) Camera shows 5MP @ best.
    3) Bluetooth - probably will never work in any CM9/AOSP based ROM.
    4) USB/SD do not mount on a computer. (Temp. fix applied 5/14)
    5) GPS - Any app that attempts to use it reboots the phone.
    ?) Can you find anything else?

Thanks to:
    MIUI Scotland, trialsrider, Matt, Entropy512, jt1134, anycard, dman, nunhugger, and anyone else who has helped me in any way.

Temp Link :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?44c2vk3n46dror4
    Umm, it doesn't need tester's or temp links. Its right here:

http://miuiscotland.co.uk/site/rom-downloads/

Sent via my ice cream sandwiched Infuse 3.5G

I'm working with MIUI Scotland, I wouldn't post this if I didn't know what I was doing. This temp build is a fixed version.
    Infuse Miui V4

Good package, I'm almost 70 and it flashed easly for me.
    Went from Miui 2.4.17 , then I did every thing on the list twice. Just a habit I have from earlier flash’s.
    Instructions:
    1) Flash jt1134's recovery - if you already haven't.
    2) Wipe data/factory reset
    3) Wipe dalvik cache
    4) Format /system
    5) Install ROM
    6) Reboot
    7) Test & Report :)
    Pulled battery for first boot, it stuck at MIUI logo. Pulled battery for second boot it loaded without a problem. Nice looking launch screen too.
    From the original post---------------------
    As of now this is what I know is not working:
    1) Wifi - loops and loops
    2) Torch
    3) Themes
    4) USB & SD card storage are all backwards - see for yourself.
    5) Camera shows 5MP @ best.
    6) System Updates option FC's - for obvious reasons.
    7) Haptic feedback is very weak.
    8) Bluetooth - probably will never work in any CM9/AOSP based ROM.
    9) Reboot - Recovery, doesn't boot to recovery. (Recovery not lost)
    10) Can you find anything else?

The above items are correct, and did the same on my Infuse. I can call and receive but the WIFI was missed. The build is on a good track and worth the time to flash. Looking forward to the next version.
    I did get back to recovery from the three finger salute, for anyone that is worried about bricking their device.
    The build is fast and fluid, good feel. Hope this helps

RDomke@Comcast.Net
    also i think themes are not working, i've downloaded a few miuiv4 themes and when i apply them, it won't do anything, i get the same default theme. Can anyone confirm this?

to get themes to work make a folder called "theme" in /data/system
    /data may appear empty, just reboot.
    I get stuck on xiaomi.com logo. I did everything you said here, even flash twice. what should i do now?
    I don't know what to tell you, it works fine here and for others... try again?