[APP] Sprint-VoiceMail- Updated 7/06/2012

Search This thread

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Not really. However, my E4GT refused to update visual voicemail via OTA and now it is working again. That is how I got this slightly newer version. I immediately tried to perform a manual update after installing T5.3.0.26. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SPreston2001
Waste!

Thanks for the update file but this new version sucks! The images the user before posted are nothing like that if you don't have the upgraded "Premium" voice-mail! There is a "Premiuem" upgrade type sticker button always on the bottom menu bar trying to get you to switch to pay more money by accident, you can not play messages from the message list (see how the images have a green play icon and message time in the contact image?) like the new features says you can unless you have premium, you cannot post or forward message to your Facebook wall etc without premium, they disabled email forwarding unless you have premium and when you actually open a voice-mail you are treated to a huge white space spamming their service with a new "hint" on what you get if you do pay for premium! There is no way to disable the spamming message either, like the old hidden button method on the previous version. I tried every way to hide or remove the spamming to no avail. What a f'en waste! Why should I have to pay more for something I am already paying for!? The person who took the images must have the premium voice-mail as mine was filled with carrier spam!

Also the white is horrible and the new notification (drop-down shade) is unsightly and shows the last new voice-mail caller contact image and date but when you click on it you would think it would take you right to that voice-mail, right? NO! It just takes you to the list? So why have the contact image and info for that voice-mail if you're just going to take me to the main list? I prefer just a voice-mail logo, the last time or date of voice-mail and the number of voice-mails I have! There is a bug in which when opening a voice-mail the screen goes black and you can only see the phone status bar (battery, signal, etc) and the screen is black until the message finishes playing. This bug happened multiple times and even after a phone restart it kept happening forcing me to press the home button to go back to the voice-mail app. The black screen bug happens like every other voice-mail and makes the app unusable!

The home-screen widget for the new voice-mail app is messed up and the text is not in line with the rest of my icons, and not by a little by a huge amount! The widget voice-mail number identifier is a big red circle with white numbering! WTF?! I tried deleting the widget, turning off my phone, but nothing would fix the layout. I could view it just as an app and not a widget but then I don't get the voice-mail count, which I didn't want on this version anyway because of my previously named grievances! What a waste or time and effort not to mention I lost all my old voice-mails by going back! I installed this new version via this site as mine said there was no update, then I hated it an uninstalled via the system app control and it went back to the old version but all my voice-mails were gone and never came back! What a waste! How could Sprint mess up something in such a big way? Stay far away from this everyone, unless you pay for premium that is (or want to lose your messages)... The version I installed was Sprint Visual Voicemail T5.3.0.32 on a stock HTC EVO 4G LTE. I tried to update to make sure there wasn't a newer version which fixed any of the issues but there isn't. I mean it, you'll want to stay away from this! I can't say enough against it! If I ended up stuck with the new version I would immediately change to YouMail or Google Voice!

* Do not upgrade to this new version and then go back to the old version without saving every message to your SD card first or you will lose every message you have! Just don't bother upgrading to begin with and save yourself the time and disappointment!

5th :mad:

Last edited:

SPreston2001

Oct 31, 2009
Columbus
^^^ Wow its just a voicemail app dude... I honestly like it over the old one. A lot more options n such. Sure the widget text may be a little off but it doesn't bother me too much. Didn't think a simple vm app could cause so much frustration. You can always load the old one....

Sent from my LTEvo using XDA Premium

^^^ Wow its just a voicemail app dude... I honestly like it over the old one. A lot more options n such. Sure the widget text may be a little off but it doesn't bother me too much. Didn't think a simple vm app could cause so much frustration. You can always load the old one....

Sent from my LTEvo using XDA Premium
Tell me where the so-called more options are? In fact they have removed many option which were in the previous version! They haven't added or removed anything other then spamming you with subscription texts and buttons. The newest thing is post a voice-mail to Google or Facebook and it requires premium voice-mail. I did go back to the old one and lost all of my voicemails! The bugs in this version are critical.

Reactions: mcvoss

mcvoss

May 12, 2010
Tell me where the so-called more options are? In fact they have removed many option which were in the previous version! They haven't added or removed anything other then spamming you with subscription texts and buttons. The newest thing is post a voice-mail to Google or Facebook and it requires premium voice-mail. I did go back to the old one and lost all of my voicemails! The bugs in this version are critical.

You are 100 percent. I also revered back, to each their own. I keep a copy of the old apk on my sd.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

vsfh

Feb 4, 2012
Thanks much, I had to copy this so that I have it for all of my testing and reinstalls.
Cheers bud.

rewdboy843

Feb 4, 2012
Charleston SC.
Anyone know how to get rid of the annoying text alerts when I receive a VM? Ive had this problem on every ROM since rooting my phone. Its from a 8016 number??? Please help.

mikshepard

Apr 7, 2010
Minneapolis
Anyone know how to get rid of the annoying text alerts when I receive a VM? Ive had this problem on every ROM since rooting my phone. Its from a 8016 number??? Please help.

I haven't used a sense rom in a while now but if I remember correctly, you can just block the texts by long-clicking on the thread and there should be a option in the pop-up menu. Otherwise, CM10 now hides these texts by default.

-Mike

rewdboy843

Feb 4, 2012
Charleston SC.
Yeah I finally got it resolved thanks tho. I was losing my mind trying to figure it out. It only happened on aosp roms.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Asosaki

Feb 18, 2013
Wow

Thanks so much for that, everyone else had some bs way to get it to work, could never find a reliable download. Yours worked the first time for me. Appreciate it.

cartoonvillain

Apr 23, 2013
just what I needed

sprint voice mail updates v.T5.3.0.26. New design layout and icons...

This was exactly what I was looking for, thanks! :D

...to those who might be concerned as I was that this is malware of some kind, it is not. What's more, it was SUPER EASY to install. I recommend you go into the settings and do the update, if you want the sleeker/newer version.

EVO 4G
-rooted-
Fresh ROM v4.3.3 (by flipz)
Android v2.3.3
GO Launcher​

kenpen

Mar 24, 2011
Is this for only sense ROMs..or can I use for cm10.1

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sprint voice mail updates v.T5.3.0.26. New design layout and icons...

device-2012-07-06-235956.jpg

device-2012-07-07-000006.jpg

device-2012-07-07-000023.jpg
    Do you have a link to T5.3.0.32? Thanks
    I had to pull the update from Data/apps and rename it but this should work fine.
    Here is Sprint Visual Voicemail T5.3.0.32.
    Works great. Seems a but faster than the current version for the EVO 4G LTE.

Sent via the EVO 4G LTE on the Now Network
    Thanks. This is beautiful. The stock one didn't show there was an update available, but thanks for sharing!

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G LTE, On The Now Network From Sprint!
    Just uninstall stock one, then install this?

I installed on top of the older version seems to be working fine for me..