[6/29] Modded s3 4.4.2 TW Keyboard | Note 3 features | Black theme added

Search This thread

talkingmonkeys

Inactive Recognized RC / RT
May 15, 2013
This only works for touchwiz based 4.4.2 roms more than likely only the s3.

Since I couldn't get the note 2 keyboard that MercilessLTD posted to work I decided to look into how to mod the stock one myself. A google search found me this thread. It worked as intended and I changed the size of the number keys to be 42. I can make them larger very easily and I already planned to make a black theme for this in time.

I added the code for the number row to every language. No discrimination here even though it required a bit more work.

Thank you to @josephpatrick for the guide that google found me. Thank you too @MercilessLTD for getting the note 2 one working and inspiring me to find a way around yours not working for me lol :good:

Thanks to @enewman17 for fixing the number row keys and the password field issue.

If you'd like the black theme one in the screenshot below goto this post.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53784785&postcount=37

attachment.php

Attachments

• attachment.png
    attachment.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 2,512
  • kks3keyboardmodded-stock.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 964
Last edited:

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
Not sure why my xda app didn't tell me bout this. Just DLed. Nice work man. Will look into the bug and the number row background. No promises though. You've already accomplished more than I have.

Edit: its definitely a code issue. On my device 1-4 actually do work but they think they are the row beneath them. If I hit shift to get the symbols to come up the number rown drops down and they work right. Kinda odd. I'll have to do some reading to figure this out. Maybe someone can take this hint and find it faster than I can though.

Last edited:
Reactions: talkingmonkeys

talkingmonkeys

May 15, 2013
Not sure why my xda app didn't tell me bout this. Just DLed. Nice work man. Will look into the bug and the number row background. No promises though. You've already accomplished more than I have.

Thank you man would appreciate it if you could have a look at it or anyone with more experience. I think its something in the smali or public.xml

I've got so many other things I keep taking on having the time to fix this is becoming tough for me so I appreciate you having a look.

Sent from my SGH-I747 running TW4.4.2 TMS3KK

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Thank you man would appreciate it if you could have a look at it or anyone with more experience. I think its something in the smali or public.xml

I've got so many other things I keep taking on having the time to fix this is becoming tough for me so I appreciate you having a look.

My efforts in porting the Note 2 or 3 keyboard is proving to be a bit harder this time.
Either way here is the a test of the S3 stock keyboard with the number row. I haven't figured out the button behind the text yet but it works in the password fields now.

Attachments

• SamsungIME.apk
    9.3 MB · Views: 133

talkingmonkeys

May 15, 2013
Thanks for fixing that I've been meaning to tell you just to mess with this one some. I'm going to be theming it soon now so we can have a dark one and I'll look into the buttons for number keys some too. I won't have the time to until Sunday though

FtaWolf

Jun 27, 2010
Cana
My efforts in porting the Note 2 or 3 keyboard is proving to be a bit harder this time.
Either way here is the a test of the S3 stock keyboard with the number row. I haven't figured out the button behind the text yet but it works in the password fields now.
@enewman17
Looks sweet.
Even sweeter with Samsung alt symbol module enabled in xpose. Far as buttons on number row think it sweeter without them. Like I can touch number pad without hitting wrong button with my big fingers.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using @tm Ne4 build.

Reactions: enewman17

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
I'm getting force closes. Can you tell me what folder you moved it to? and did you uninstall other keyboards?

And yes I did change the properties to the correct ones.

I copied it and went to the system/app folder. Renamed the original "SamsungIME.apk" to "SamsungIME.apk.bak" then pasted the new one in there and set perms to rw.r.r then rebooted.

Last edited:

talkingmonkeys

May 15, 2013
and I'm a pimp.... Now just got to do floating and the rest of the languages.

you can add or change the image in the res/drawable-sw360dp-xhdpi/sip_key_bg_number_qwerty_xml

I use sip_key_bg_option_qwerty.9 as the image for the number row.

Awesome now to theme it later this weekend. Aweomse job man thank you

lemonboi5

Sep 24, 2012
www.facebook.com
and I'm a pimp.... Now just got to do floating and the rest of the languages.

you can add or change the image in the res/drawable-sw360dp-xhdpi/sip_key_bg_number_qwerty_xml

I use sip_key_bg_option_qwerty.9 as the image for the number row.

Shouldn't have screamed so loud. Haha jk this is amazing thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This only works for touchwiz based 4.4.2 roms more than likely only the s3.

Since I couldn't get the note 2 keyboard that MercilessLTD posted to work I decided to look into how to mod the stock one myself. A google search found me this thread. It worked as intended and I changed the size of the number keys to be 42. I can make them larger very easily and I already planned to make a black theme for this in time.

I added the code for the number row to every language. No discrimination here even though it required a bit more work.

Thank you to @josephpatrick for the guide that google found me. Thank you too @MercilessLTD for getting the note 2 one working and inspiring me to find a way around yours not working for me lol :good:

Thanks to @enewman17 for fixing the number row keys and the password field issue.

If you'd like the black theme one in the screenshot below goto this post.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53784785&postcount=37

attachment.php
    I ported the LG G3 keyboard. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2770890
    It's a great keyboard, one of my favorites right now. It has a dark and light theme, dedicated number row and adjustable height.
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know ive gotten the S5 keyboard working on stock. I'll be posting a flashable shortly for you guys to play with.

EDIT: Flashable S5 keyboard can be downloaded here
    How about this nice black keyboard to go with my rom. :p I'll have to come back to the floating ones background but I love the way this looks.

Also those of you on my rom will have your emojis changed back to the stock google ones so they work as intended.

Just flash and enjoy :)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358555252

Thank you to @Gunthermic and @cbucz24 for the easily findable guide on getting rid of that blue swype. Been wanting to do that for the past year, Thank you very much guys!

Guide for swipe color: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2567798

For anyone that wants to make themes on this keyboard feel free. Aswell as users on any other s3 that they find this works on which should be any running a tw 4.4.2 rom. Feel free to use this in your roms and share it however you like.