Noise cancelling earbud problem

Search This thread

kotton666

Jul 4, 2010
I have the Sony noise cancelling earbuds MDR-NC31EM that came bundled with my Z2. Yesterday the right side went dead and when I jiggle the plug at the connection to the phone it comes on and off as if there is a broken wire inside.

The only problem is that they only do this with my Z2. I've tried to get them to do the same thing on 3 other devices and they work fine. I have also tried 3 other sets of headphones in my Z2, thinking it may be the phones headphone jack and they worked perfectly.

I'm confused as to what's going on. Any thoughts?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
I have the Sony noise cancelling earbuds MDR-NC31EM that came bundled with my Z2. Yesterday the right side went dead and when I jiggle the plug at the connection to the phone it comes on and off as if there is a broken wire inside.

The only problem is that they only do this with my Z2. I've tried to get them to do the same thing on 3 other devices and they work fine. I have also tried 3 other sets of headphones in my Z2, thinking it may be the phones headphone jack and they worked perfectly.

I'm confused as to what's going on. Any thoughts?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

i think its a manufacturing issue, it sounds like some of the connector rings are loose
if its bugging you, you can contact sony customer support as all Xperia Devices come with a 2 year warrenty, your problem should be covered as it is a problem other people have had from brand new phones